0

'Enslave the liberty of but one human being and the liberties of the world are in peril (William lloid garrison)

https://imgflip.com/i/1xyiud

so true. and liberals who claim to support 'human rights" are the ones denying the most innocent of humans the right to life

https://i.imgflip.com/1xyiud.jpg
Anonymousmouses avatar Politics
1 12

Well, there has been enslavement around for over 10,000 years and it is still a part of many cultures. I'm not seeing how that ties to the abortion issue.

@Anonymousmouse you missed the point of the post by about a few thousand miles

William Lloyd Garrison was a huge voice against slavery, and an advocate of women's rights.

Maybe you should have chosen a quote that really was about abortion from someone more contemporary where the issue exists.

@Will_Janitor William Lloyd Garrison was a huge voice against slavery, and an advocate of women's rights. Maybe you should...

yes ok but the quote works for any rights, such as baby girl and baby boy rights.

a woman has about as much right to murder a human being as a farmer had a right to enslave blacks

@Anonymousmouse yes ok but the quote works for any rights, such as baby girl and baby boy rights. a woman has about as much right...

So far, the law disagrees with your opinion. I believe there possibly could be some restrictions placed on abortion laws, but I don't believe that they will ever be overturned. That's my opinion.

@Will_Janitor So far, the law disagrees with your opinion. I believe there possibly could be some restrictions placed on...

Remember slavery was legal when it was happening. Remember hitler made it legal to kill Jews before doing so. If being legal is what makes it ok then nothing wrong with slavery when it happened or Jew genocide. Just because it’s legal does not make it right or justifiable

@Will_Janitor Well, there has been enslavement around for over 10,000 years and it is still a part of many cultures. I'm not...

slavery people keep their lives, abortion brutally ends a life in the style barbarians would kill people.

the quote has nothing to do with slavery but rather a different way of saying take away one right and all rights are jeopardized

I never understood how / why a political party, mothers, anybody fight so hard for abortion. It may be the low point of our society. (There are so many to choose from.)

Regarding Mr. Garrison's take in his statement, I see that as a well-meant sentiment but not wholly true on the face of it.

Regarding abortion, I'm pro choice, and not at all inclined to offer more than that - the general issue and its many tangents has worn me out a long time ago.

Good post, overall.

Snowballs to apply to all.