Working girl's "Let the River Run", by Carly Simon, is one empowerment song that pumps me up and Shakira's "Try Everything". Which female empowerment song most often shakes you to life and brings a smile to your face... makes you want to stand up and punch the air (and the guy next to you)?

Post a favorite song / music that sends chills through your body that supports empowerment - it doesn't have to be a link or video.... a title's fine.

PartyOfOnes avatar
10 18
@StarzAbove

There's a lot of hope in that song, and a few tears to accompany it; very definitely uplifting. Thanks very much for posting that song of promise.

@2680302

That song was wall-to-wall empowerment - maybe not in the sweet cozy cloud-cuddly way but the lyrics were very definitely definitive :D

Thanks, more than you know, for Alanis' song - it's been forever since I've heard anything she's made. You remain the best ;)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@Piper2 <iframe width="640" height="360" src="ameborder="0"...

Thanks so very much for putting that up; One Of These Days lent a very vivid picture full of pain. In the end, the song morphed into a sad tale of success. If the song relates to experiences you've been familiar with, I truly hope there's a better amount of success than the object of the song's had.

Best wishes with your day, Piper. Always nice to see you again :)

@PartyOfOne Thanks so very much for putting that up; One Of These Days lent a very vivid picture full of pain. In the end, the...

Thank you for appreciating one of my favorite songs. :)

I see it as a hopeful song though, not so sad, about breaking out of our own 'prisons', whatever they may be.

@Piper2 Thank you for appreciating one of my favorite songs. :) I see it as a hopeful song though, not so sad, about...

Having gone back to the lyrics and video, it's easier to see what you've seen, now - I'm glad you pointed that out. My family's often told me I lack with lyrics... you've no clue how far off I can be with them, lol

I like that song that goes: If you liked it you should have put a ring on it...

@Sukiesnow I like that song that goes: If you liked it you should have put a ring on it...

Oh... that's a Beyonc矇 song: Single Ladies :) Yeah, that's a catchy song :D

@2680274

It's a complete shame that I can't give you dozens of vote ups and loves because that video hit the spot right off the bat - swear to god.

Thanks for posting that excellent piece of perfection ;D

I am proud to be a lady and damn proud of who I am biggrin smilie

Please login or signup to leave a comment.