+6

"I've been busy"...just means you haven't been busy with me...amirite?

Along with It's Not You, it's Me...I've Been Busy is another faff excuse to tell people you are stringing along.

Image for post **"I've been busy"**...just means you haven't been busy with __me__...//amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 17

No. If I've been busy with work, family, etc., and someone told me that, it would raise a major red flag that this person is extremely clingy.

I've been in that situation, when I say I'm busy I am busy it's not some excuse not to talk. The worst thing the other person could do in this case is start drama that causes you an additional obstacle to the work you already have.

I've been busy means that if I have no time for myself, you just have to understand and make the effort to include yourself in my life. Sounds a bit selfish to stew over the "I've been busy" statement. I lead a very busy life and sometimes it takes the other person to make the effort.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Disagree +5Reply
@ozzyboy I've been busy means that if I have no time for myself, you just have to understand and make the effort to include...

I wouldn't be enlisting you as a friend in my Real life if you won't make any room for me.

What's wrong with selfish...most people are....but most ppl will also wait a week or two of the I'm busy excuse until they start withdrawing....Ozzy...it takes TWO ppl you know.

@Sukiesnow I wouldn't be enlisting you as a friend in my Real life if you won't make any room for me. What's wrong with...

There are weeks that start out Mon 7 AM and the next thing I know it is Sat night and me not knowing how we got there so fast.
I didn't say I wouldn't make any time for you, I just mean that you will have to join my life so we could get some time. It takes two people who are willing to join in.
My best friend would come and spend two weeks a year with me, enjoying the circus that is my life. The friend would be so happy to go home and be calm the rest of the year. That is what real friends do in real life.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Disagree +3Reply

Usually, the person I'm saying "I've been busy" to ... is a certain friend that is asking my why I haven't done something. Well, I've been busy taking care of little errands she keeps sending me on, to help care for her family.

it's a snobby thing to say usually. If you really were busy you'd be like OH SHIT I HAD TO DO THIS AND DIS AND DAT

So.. if someone tells you they have a blue sailboat..

You know they really have a forrest green bulldozer..

@2683236

Dinner is now..

I don't know why those 2 idiots are riding away...lol