Dars avatar Life
8 27
@2680907

Me too Will, I look forward to time with my family. We are always so busy, the holidays are the times to come together and celebrate. ~)

@2680922

No Rooster it wasn't. I'm afraid those simpler times are gone.

Yes, of course it's over commercialized. Every company wants your money. The 'game' is that they tantalize you, and you either take the bait or not.
They must win more often than not cuz the ads keep on coming. But, YOU get to choose who commercial YOU are going to be.

There's a lot of other influences too. Like your kids or grand kids. And we all want the most magical Christmas ever for them - right?

It's a real balancing act. Good luck to all of us!

They depend on it! Soon we will have Christmas themed commercials with jolly little children running to their parentsgrandparents with presents and happy faces, tell me how will that not compel a family to go and do some gift shopping and set up decorations

@Sunny_the_skeptic They depend on it! Soon we will have Christmas themed commercials with jolly little children running to their...

Those commercial are very targeted to get you out the door and spend, spend, spend. Apparently, they work.

@2680956

LoL! A man of few words. ~)

Juhannus has.

Vappu... Well, sort of... But still not as badly as Juhannus.

What? Were we supposed to be all chatty about the American holidays only? Eh?!

@2680975

Lorraine wouldn't even have sex with me, unless it wasn't the end of the world. I bet Vic would. Which is one of those strange word plays, that I love so much.

@ZonkeyBalls Take a wild bloody guess. https://www.santaclausvillage.info/

So, it's not just American holidays we're talking about then, is it?

@Budwick So, it's not just American holidays we're talking about then, is it?

It is. It's called cultural contamination and it's not really that great.

@Budwick America has contaminated your culture? How did we do that?

I think it was some sort of an airborne virus... Probably a non-lethal version of Anthrax. Or perhaps it was Elvis Presley, those two are really difficult to differentiate from each other. They do look the same, at least.

They are if one lets them be. I still know the real meaning of Christmas.... I love the holidays, not so much the gifts, just the loving spirit that goes along with it.

I've always remembered it that way - nothing new.

Absolutely, I really dislike xmas too much hype, too much money and too much to do about nothing

Anonymous