Do you think I could wear these shorts to the gym and not attract attention?

Image for post Do you think I could wear these shorts to the gym and not attract attention?
Blueboi1981s avatar Fashion
1 16

What's with you and the shorts? They are good for running cause they won't chaff your thighs, but that's it. Other than that, keep them in your gym bag.

@Will_Janitor What's with you and the shorts? They are good for running cause they won't chaff your thighs, but that's it...

<shrug> fair enough, I didn't feel weird about it until a neighbor asked me a few months ago. Otherwise I'm pretty oblivious.

@2682214

I don't know of any guys who still wears them other than Richard Simmons.

They were too short yesterday.

They're still too short today.

It wasn't until the 90s that men wore baggy shorts to their knees. These are known colloquially as silkies, and they are or were worn for military physical training. I moticed that recently there have been races and hikes with these as the theme, mostly ex military people or those who want to honor them.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/met...5JJ/story.html

People would "look", and then go about their own business. Anything "unusual" briefly attracts attention. If the shorts were the typical shorts worn today but had a bizarre design, people would "look".

Well, we've seen them a couple of times. This might be the most attention you're going to get from them without adding a little dance or something. a smilie