Man Ticketed $149.00 For Singing Loudly While Driving. Do You Rock Out While Your Driving?

I am very guilty of this behavior. If the right song comes on the radio.

Image for post Man Ticketed $149.00 For Singing Loudly While Driving.  Do You Rock Out While Your Driving?
55% I do... 32% I don't... 5% None of Your Business... 9% Other
Dars avatar Music
8 30
@2682388

I get some looks sometimes. Some people of no sense of fun.

When I played in bands, I would do my warm ups on the way to gigs. I'm trying to work out how this could be considered illegal? Don't fines have to fit a certain criteria like speeding? dangerous driving, running red light etc?

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer I do... +6Reply
@OzSurfer When I played in bands, I would do my warm ups on the way to gigs. I'm trying to work out how this could be...

"On Sept. 27, Taoufik Moalla was on his way to buy a bottle of water, happily singing along to C+C Music Factory’s 1990 song “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)” when he says he heard a police siren blaring behind him.
Moalla said police checked his licence and registration and then came back with a $149 dollar surprise: a ticket for screaming in public. According to a Montreal bylaw, “to cause disorder by screaming” violates “peace and tranquility” and can be punishable by a fine of $50 to $1,000 for a first offence and $100 to $2,000 for subsequent infractions."

Perhaps the police just didn't like his tune of choice.

@Dar "On Sept. 27, Taoufik Moalla was on his way to buy a bottle of water, happily singing along to C+C Music...

Lol yes I see, violating peace and tranquility, that'd do it I guess. I think we have some kind of law like that here although it sounds a bit heavy handed to impose that for a first offense. Perhaps he could have just been told to sing ABBA songs instead? :)

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer I do... +2Reply

Thanks for pointing out where that took place - I'll make sure to remember it :)

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne I don't... +1Reply

Growing up on a farm, it goes back to, if a farm kid sings on the tractor and nobody else can hear him, is he still tone deaf? I subscribed to the belief that if you can't sing well, sing loud. My dad told me to shut up and stop scaring the cattle.

Holy Crappers!! How loud and bad do you have to sing to get a $149 fine? Ha!

@Will_Janitor Holy Crappers!! How loud and bad do you have to sing to get a $149 fine? Ha!

Apparently he found out...LoL! I roll up my car windows as to not offend the masses. biggrin smilie

I know - that's pretty damned exorbitant. I got stuck with a DWSoK but it was nowhere near $100-something.

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne I don't... +2Reply

My favorite Rock Out song of the moment biggrin smilie

@Will_Janitor That is a good one!

Hell yeah! biggrin smilie Love the use of the President masks.

@2682413

LoL! Doesn't stop me. I sing loudly proudly...and badly in my car. ~)

@2682861

And why is that pray tell....

@2682884

Music soothes the savage beast. But not Bub. ~)

@2682891

Sounds like you found your "happy place". ~)

@2682903

You are a gentleman Bub. ~)

I'm not as guilty as I once was. I got older, less fun I guess, and not as prone to rocking out in the car as I once did. I can recall a few times I'm sure I was not as attentive to driving as I should have been.

@Budwick I'm not as guilty as I once was. I got older, less fun I guess, and not as prone to rocking out in the car as I...

"....as I once was" reminded me of this song. I have to agree...it can make you less attentive.