+9

Innocent until proven guilty.

Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 12

A person is either guilty or innocent. Getting a good lawyer to get a judge or jury to say you are innocent, doesn't change the fact. And visa versa. Saying you are not guilty of murdering someone because a psychiatrist says you are insane, still doesn't change that fact.

For too many, it's guilty unless proven innocent.
An overworked, disinterested, public defender can be an accused persons worse enemy.

Carlas avatar Carla Disagree +6Reply
@Carla For too many, it's guilty unless proven innocent. An overworked, disinterested, public defender can be an accused...

This is true. A Philly lawyer got sent out to the suburbs because of being a user. We watched him go to court and have to tell the judge he "misplaced" the file on the accused person. It didn't bode well for the poor guy.

...Is what they like to tell you.

If they are a politician, then sadly, I'm going to assume guilty since 99.95% of the time they are.

... is a phrase that doesn't tell me what you're looking for in response, as in confirming a premise or making a legal assumption - help me out, here. :)

That only applies to our judicial system.

Only in a legal setting.

I believe in the judicial system (for the most part)

It is not followed.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous