VicZincs avatar News & Current Events
7 96

It should be about 20%.

Coming from fox news?
I wonder how trump took that.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +6Reply

I hope it keeps falling, right off the charts.

@dru18 I hope it keeps falling, right off the...

It won't be long now, Mueller is closing in on him, that's why he's trying to change the subject to Hillary and the uranium crap. Anything to get the focus off of him.

@Thinkerbell

Yeah, you couldn't miss "Captain Trump". He was the guy in the high heels, sitting in the life boot.

@dru18 Yeah, you couldn't miss "Captain Trump". He was the guy in the high heels, sitting in the life boot.

In high heels? At his height?

He'd never pass for a woman, unless maybe they just looked at his hands.

Try again, dru.biggrin smilie

@dru18 I didn't say he would be normal looking or pretty.

So just the high heels got him on board the lifeboat?
Try again. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell So just the high heels got him on board the lifeboat? Try again...

Apparently, it did, Stinkerbell, because there was such an incident.

Now, you keep trying.

@dru18 Apparently, it did, Stinkerbell, because there was such an incident. Now, you keep trying.

Yes, there supposedly was, but the real guy who did that wasn't 6'3" and he didn't weigh 236 lbs. biggrin smilie

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.c04fdc784943

Try again, dru. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie
P.S Snopes thinks the story isn't true.

https://www.snopes.com/history/titanic/woman.asp

@Thinkerbell Yes, there supposedly was, but the real guy who did that wasn't 6'3" and he didn't weigh 236 lbs...

My great grandmother still had the clippings, and yes, there was such a person.

And no, it did not list his height or weight.

@dru18 My great grandmother still had the clippings, and yes, there was such a person. And no, it did not list his...

Read the Snopes reference I gave you.

"The man most victimized by this rumor was William T. Sloper of New Britain, Connecticut, who was publicly identified in a New York newspaper as “the man who got off in woman’s clothing.” Sloper actually left the Titanic in lifeboat No. 7, the first boat launched, after he was invited to take a seat with motion picture actress Dorothy Gibson and her mother, who had been his bridge companions earlier that evening. Because many passengers did not yet comprehend the gravity of the Titanic‘s situation and were unwilling to trade the warmth and apparent safety of their berths for a seat in an open boat on the freezing Atlantic in the middle of the night, lifeboat No. 7 was filled to only about a third of its 65-passenger capacity, and the officer in charge of its loading therefore freely allowed Sloper aboard. Boat No. 7 was eventually launched with only 28 occupants, so neither Sloper nor any other man who wanted a seat within it would have had to disguise himself as a woman to sneak aboard."

Try again, dru. You flopped yet again. biggrin smilie

@dru18 http://wormstedt.com/GeorgeBehe/page4.htm

So, according to your reference, one of them was with a group of firemen and sailors who refused to leave a lifeboat, not because he was taken for a woman.

A second was discovered with a shawl over his head, and "pitched in" by the officer who discovered him.

The third "jumped 30 feet into a lifeboat." I hope he didn't damage his high heels. biggrin smilie

@dru18 LMAO! What the hell does that even PROVE? That article proved NOTHING!

Snopes isn't the only one that says the newspaper story was false.

https://patch.com/connecticut/d...-suf10a538bd22

"Angry at Sloper's refusal to talk to the press, a New York Herald reporter ran a story stating that Sloper had behaved like a coward and had disguised himself as a woman in order to get access to a lifeboat. Unfortunately, Sloper heeded the advice of his father and did not immediately challenge the veracity of the story. Lacking a public challenge, the story was widely believed, and Sloper had to spend much of the rest of his life refuting the false allegation. It haunted him."

Try again, dru. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Snopes isn't the only one that says the newspaper story was...

And I can give links that prove it was true.

I think I will stick with the original newspaper clippings.

Keep on trying, because you ain't making it.

@2682809

And they are now sending out their socks to bait people. They are so desperate at this point, they will stoop to Trump's level now. Pathetic.

I heard this morning it had dropped to 32%. Each day it lower and lower.

@2682929

Hey...i watch a little, too. Listen to limbaugh once in a while, too.
Feel like it helps me to understand the right a bit better. But..rush usually leaves me, needing a shower:[

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla Hey...i watch a little, too. Listen to limbaugh once in a while, too. Feel like it helps me to understand the right...

Have you watched Tucker Carlson? He destroys the arguments of one or more doctrinaire lib guests every weekday evening. biggrin smilie

@Carla I have. It all seems rather...set up.

Why would his liberal guests agree to be set up?

@Thinkerbell Why would his liberal guests agree to be set up?

I dont know how "in on it" they are. But...i know they dont go on those shows for free.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla I dont know how "in on it" they are. But...i know they dont go on those shows for free.

Well, the guests must know the debate agenda beforehand, so it seems to me the alternatives are:

1. They think they can defend their untenable positions, but just don't know any better, pay or no pay.

2. They know what's in store, but are quite willing to act as losing shills for pay.

It might vary from guest to guest as to which of these alternatives may apply, but given the apparent character of most politicians and political activists, neither alternative would surprise me.

@dru18 That's why he was out of work for quite awhile.

Of course. Carlson had to wait for O'Reilly's time slot on Fox to become vacant. O'Reilly is of the Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein school, when it comes to women.

Meanwhile, no MSM network would hire Carlson; he made their liberal shills look much too stupid. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Of course. Carlson had to wait for O'Reilly's time slot on Fox to become vacant. O'Reilly is of the Bill Clinton...

Oh shit, nobody has ever shelled out 32 million before, which makes me wonder just how pervy he is.

Yeah, you wish he was Bill Clinton.

He worked on CNN for quite awhile. I guess he wasn't too good at making "liberal shills" look stupid.

@dru18 Oh shit, nobody has ever shelled out 32 million before, which makes me wonder just how pervy he is. Yeah, you...

Carslon was only on CNN for about 5 years.

Compare that with Blitzer and Cooper, who have been on that network for 17 and 16 years, respectively, because they do the libby dance so well.

Try again, dru. biggrin smilie

@dru18 So now you are criticizing those that can hold down a job?

They held down their CNN jobs by being abject lib party-liners.

Naturally someone who made doctrinaire libs look like the fools they are wouldn't last at CNN. Not part of the business plan.

Try again, dru. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell They held down their CNN jobs by being abject lib party-liners. Naturally someone who made doctrinaire libs look...

Actually, it has been reported that CNN helped Trump, not Hillary, and that includes Cooper.

They won't make that mistake again.

What are you doing to that poor thing?

@dru18 Actually, it has been reported that CNN helped Trump, not Hillary, and that includes Cooper. They won't make that...

Yes, CNN (like the rest of the MSM) did help Trump get the Republican nomination, because they thought he would be the easiest candidate for Hillary to beat in the general election.

But if CNN wanted Trump to win against Hillary, then Blitzer should get an Oscar for his acting performance on election night. biggrin smilie

Yeah, they made a BIG mistake, but not when you think. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

I'm not doing anything to that poor thing, just watching it trying to make a leap it can't negotiate. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

Try again.

@2682929

Be careful, Bub, you might get de-programmed, and need an extra booster dose of MSNBC. biggrin smilie

Thursday, October 26, 2017
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 43% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-five percent (55%) disapprove.

I am not a Trump fan. He wasn't my choice. But he is The President and as such deserves a decorum of respect. I do believe the constant barrage of misleading and false narratives put forward by many in the mainstream media are harmful, they have forgotten they serve the people and not their own political views.

Trump isn't the only one who needs to up his game. There is work to do on many levels to gain the trust of Americans...
20% Approval of Congress
32% Approval of Media

@2683733

No, it never has been a great secret, but libs at all costs want to keep it as quiet as possible what a corrupt candidate Hillary was, and indeed how corrupt the DNC was/is.

@2686115

Just fine, thanks, JD, and you?
Happy Halloween! biggrin smilie

@2686124

No, I've been making rude comments almost every day. biggrin smilie

@2686131

Only libs think they're rude, so you can read them. hehe smilie

Polls didn't put Trump in the oval office, it was the silent voters who just went to the polls and voted their conscience. I wouldn't put too much faith in polling.cool smilie

@2683289

That must have been an MSNBC poll.

Oh, wait... MSNBC would have been about 2%, the viewers that had never heard of Trump. biggrin smilie

Where have you been, Vic? It's been at 38%, give or take a point, for over five months, and this isn't the first time Fox has mentioned it.

https://projects.fivethirtyeigh...roval-ratings/

@2683194

Yes a poll conduct by FOX presumably from its own viewership.

@VicZinc Yes a poll conduct by FOX presumably from its own viewership.

Holy presumably, Batman!

For the past 5 months, Fox viewers have been only a few points more favorable towards Trump than the general public?

The metallic gentleman doth presume too much, methinks.

@2683194

Yeah, so Fox was typically 2-3 points higher over the last 5 months than the data I cited above. Still within the noise level. Hardly a "holy bottomless pit, Batman." hehe smilie

@2683199

Hardly a "holy bottomless pit, Batman".

You never make it out of the Batcave, Bub. biggrin smilie

Oh, btw, Uncle Vic, here is a FOX poll that was cited on an MSNBC panel discussion. The panelists were confidently assuring each other that Trump would never win the nomination, much less the election.

Holy bottomless pit, Batman! The FOX poll said 59% of likely Republican primary voters "would never vote for" Trump. biggrin smilie

@VicZinc Well this poll is 92 - 8% right now.

Oh, really? The FOX poll right now says 92% of likely Republican voters would never vote for Trump? Go back and read the comment again.

If you meant 8% of Trump voters now said they wouldn't vote for him again, 15% of Hillary voters have said they wouldn't vote for her again.

http://www.latimes.com/politics...htmlstory.html

@Thinkerbell Oh, really? The FOX poll right now says 92% of likely Republican voters would never vote for Trump? Go back and...

Not at all. I meant this poll - this OP, at that moment was 92% agree 8% disagree.

It's is about as relevant to this discussion as any comment you have made thus far.

@VicZinc Not at all. I meant this poll - this OP, at that moment was 92% agree 8% disagree. It's is about as...

Yes, Uncle Vic, your OP poll is about as relevant to the truth as the polls published in the NY Times were until the late evening of Nov 8, 2016. biggrin smilie
Oh, wait, I forgot, there is no truth. Maybe we can't be sure Trump is president at all. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Yes, Uncle Vic, your OP poll is about as relevant to the truth as the polls published in the NY Times were until...

We can't. Glad you finally caught on.

Of course the verb "is" is key - as pointed out by Clinton.

We have much more confidence in past events, current events are nearly impossible to get right, the future? slightly better than present. Yet none can be 'known' beyond all doubt.

-At this moment the status of the statement "Trump is president" is in the same state as Schrodinger's infamous feline companion.
-It is almost 100% certain he was president yesterday (but maybe not)
-Tomorrow is anyone's guess.

@VicZinc We can't. Glad you finally caught on. Of course the verb "is" is key - as pointed out by Clinton. We have much...

"...current events are nearly impossible to get right..."

Really? Maybe Trump isn't in Asia right now? It's all being staged, as some say the Moon landings were? biggrin smilie

"At this moment the status of the statement "Trump is president" is in the same state as Schrodinger's infamous feline companion."

You're wrong yet again, Uncle Vic. The current state of Schroedinger's cat was unknown to an outside observer because the box the cat was in had not yet been opened. Trump's box, on the other hand, is frequently opened, often many times a day, so his current state is well known.

@Thinkerbell "...current events are nearly impossible to get right..." Really? Maybe Trump isn't in Asia right now? It's all...

As is/was the cat box in all practicality.

As soon a there is a broadcast showing Trump alive the probability that he is still president goes to near 100% however there is a split second delay. He might not be alive the next second. Of course you will point out that he would still be president until congress acts to invoke succession.

But I will not be responding any more because we've had this discussion and your mind cannot seem to grasp the concept that we just don't have hive mentality and cannot know what is happening on the other side of the planet instantaneously.

@VicZinc As is/was the cat box in all practicality. As soon a there is a broadcast showing Trump alive the probability...

"...cannot know what is happening on the other side of the planet instantaneously...."

OMG, Uncle Vic, have you forgotten quantum entanglement already? John Stewart Bell would be ashamed of you. biggrin smilie

And of course you won't respond. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@2688092

FOX. JD, FOX.

@2688179

This might be the first time I ever agreed with you.

Anonymous