When did Corruption Become so Blatant? When Trump Came to Town.

YOUR president has finally gotten around to helping Puerto Rico and awarded a 300 million dollar contract to Whitefish Energy to get the power back on. A Wyoming company that at the time the hurricane hit Puerto Rico had 2 employees. Not to worry. Their Facebook page has 100 five star reviews. All within the last 4 days. Of course those involved are all Trump supporters and friends with large donations to various Trump entities. Way to drain the swamp and make America grate again Don.
How is it that this sorry excuse for a human being still has supporters? Or friends.

Image for post When did Corruption Become so Blatant?                                                                                                                   When Trump Came to Town.
urwutuiss avatar People & Celebrities
5 37

Trump doesn't personally award government contracts. Questions regarding this company are being raised by both Democrats and Republicans.

"Whitefish Energy announced the contract last week but Whitefish spokesman Ken Luce said the company has been on the ground in Puerto Rico since Oct. 2.

In that time, Whitefish Energy said it has put 300 people to work, mostly subcontractors, repairing the critical power lines that run through the Island's mountains. Twenty more workers are arriving each day, Luce said, and overall, the company plans to add 700 more. "

And we all know that corruption isn't a new idea when it comes to Washington.

@Dar Trump doesn't personally award government contracts. Questions regarding this company are being raised by both...

Facts? Figures? Reality?
These things are confusing to the OP. They certainly don't fit his agenda!

@Budwick Facts? Figures? Reality? These things are confusing to the OP. They certainly don't fit his...

Facts, figures, reality. Right up Trump's ally
These are the guys you want rebuilding your infra structure because they're so good at it. They got 100 five star reviews in 4 days, they must be good. That's how you drain the swamp. You put guys who know nothing in charge to pay the local subs nothing and funnel off 2/3 of the cash then blame it on the uncooperative local govt
You're still defending this guy.
I'm not surprised but I am curios.

What is it you like about Trump?
I really don't get it.

@urwutuis Facts, figures, reality. Right up Trump's ally These are the guys you want rebuilding your infra structure because...

He's fighting back against the establishment (some republicans included), and despite all the resistance, he's getting stuff done.

@Budwick He's fighting back against the establishment (some republicans included), and despite all the resistance, he's...

He's fighting back against the establishment? The only people from Goldman Sachs he hasn't hired are Goldman and Sachs.
He wants to eliminate inheritance tax, lower capital gains tax AGAIN, increase military spending (aka corporate welfare), kneecap the EPA, kill public school and cut virtually all public services.
He couldn't be any more pro establishment if his name was Rockefeller.
He's not draining the swamp he's restocking it.

What stuff is he getting done aside from dividing the country, attacking our allies and vets and spending more on vacations in 10 months than Obama spent in 8 years?

The whole company?
Wow, both of them, huh? That IS progress.
They're just middle men skimming money for doing nothing and handing jobs to Puerto Rican subs who I'm sure will work for pennies . Just because it's not new doesn't make it OK.

How can you defend this guy? He's an embarrassment, he's dangerous and you can't believe a word he says even when he does manage to complete a sentence
Everything he's done, and plans to do, lines the pockets of him and his friends while the rest of us get screwed.

@Dar I didn't defend Trump. I stated a fact. He did not personally award this contract.

So he's not in any way responsible for it being awarded to a company with zero experience that just happens to be related to his friends?
How is that not defending him?

@urwutuis So he's not in any way responsible for it being awarded to a company with zero experience that just happens to be...

The question is the company's relationship with Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, not Trump. In the end it is the Governor of Puerto Rico who choose this company among several proposals.

@Dar The question is the company's relationship with Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, not Trump. In the end it is the...

I'm sure it was just a coincidence they happen to be related to Trump appointed SOI.
The governor of PR wants them audited.

@urwutuis I'm sure it was just a coincidence they happen to be related to Trump appointed SOI. The governor of PR wants them...

If there is any impropriety it should be uncovered. I don't agree with this kind of practice no matter who is at the helm.

Trump's middle name is "Corruption". Everything he touches is corrupt.

@2683174

I wasn't sure how to take that at first. I'm sure now.

@2683541

Bootleg whiskey, as I recall. biggrin smilie

@2683545

You don't run a successful bootleg operation without bribing the appropriate authorities to look the other way, or so I've heard.

@2683549

You may be right; the Establishments of both parties protect each other because they realize that the demise of one would mean the demise of the other.

@2682928

Especially not an opponent like Hillary. crs smilie

@2683021

I'm not defending this child man; I'm explaining how we got him.

@2683540

You always do, every time you open your mouth... hehe smilie

@2683550

Liberals can't stand:

1. Logic
2. Math
3. The light of day

I'm a fairy, by the way,
With gadfly forebears ' long the way;
That's why the libbies grouse and itch,
And moan about that fairy b*tch.biggrin smilie hehe smilie

I believe the Clintons were there first.

Trump had nothing to do with it .Check Snopes

Bullshit. When the first tower fell

@Jaxxi Bullshit. When the first tower fell

You're right. That was pretty blatant yet a lot of people still buy the official fairy tale.

He's not a sorry excuse for a human being. Obama and Hillary are. How come they are living like king and queen? She insisted she was poor when she left the White House. Have you seen Obama's House? Most of
Washington is corrupt. Always has been.

Anonymous