+17

Officer takes child to McDonald's after not being picked up from school on birthday. Police Offices do not get the credit they deserve, they serve their communities selflessly and in ways we never know of.

Too many stories these days reflect Police in unsettling and unflattering situations. I am going by what I know to be true. I have volunteered and trained with our local Police Department. I have gone on several ride alongs with our Officers and have seen first hand how they protect and interact with the community. I have nothing but admiration and respect for the men and women who leave their families everyday not knowing if they will return. And selfless acts as this Police performed for this child happen everyday across America without recognition.

Officer takes child to McDonald's after not being picked up from school on birthdayA Green Bay police officer helped make an elementary school child's birthday special.http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/10/25/officer-takes-child-to-mcdonalds-after-not-being-picked-up-from-school-on-birthday.html
Dars avatar Life
13 44
@2683703

I believe there are a lot more good cops than bad cops. Like anything else, we only hear about the bad ones. Do we hear about accountants in the news everyday, no, but we hear about the ones who fleeced clients out of their money. Probably not the best metaphor I've ever used. no smilie

Dars avatar Dar Agree +2Reply

That's a wonderful happening, thanks for sharing.

I have a great respect for our men and women in law enforcement. I have an uncle who is in law enforcement, it's a tough job.

@StarzAbove That's a wonderful happening, thanks for sharing. I have a great respect for our men and women in law...

Thanks for commenting StarzAbove! ~)

Policing is a dangerous and thankless job oftentimes. It's important to give these men and women a nod for a job well done on occasion.

Dars avatar Dar Agree +1Reply

Amen. We only hear the bad stuff. Police officers have to deal with nightmarish things many of us can't even imagine.

@PhilboydStudge Amen. We only hear the bad stuff. Police officers have to deal with nightmarish things many of us can't even imagine.

You are so right PhilboydStudge. I worked in Child Protection years ago, I remember this one officer who could not stop crying after taking an abused child from his home. They see horrendous things that human beings do. Over and over again.

Dars avatar Dar Agree +5Reply
@Dar You are so right PhilboydStudge. I worked in Child Protection years ago, I remember this one officer who could not...

I don't think I could do Child Protection work either.

My brother-in-law claims he pulled up to a house in Ft. Myers, Fl. where a man was holding a gun to a baby's head. His own baby. WTF?

@PhilboydStudge I don't think I could do Child Protection work either. My brother-in-law claims he pulled up to a house in Ft...

There are truly evil selfish people in this world. In my book, hurting a child is the most vile thing a person can do.

Dars avatar Dar Agree +2Reply

yeah giving tickets to nightmarish speeders going 10 over the limit, while being too "busy" to go to a gas station being robbed.

@Anonymousmouse yeah giving tickets to nightmarish speeders going 10 over the limit, while being too "busy" to go to a gas station...

I don't doubt that there are errs in prioritization. I'm talking about the policeman who deal with "domestic disputes", pull his/her gun out of its holster almost every shift, or arrive to the scene of a deadly car crash.

@PhilboydStudge I don't doubt that there are errs in prioritization. I'm talking about the policeman who deal with "domestic...

or what about the nightmarish person who didn't wear his own seatbelt, oh the horror, cop's life was in such a huge danger, and everyone elses too, had to give that devil a ticket right?

people who help at car accidents: firefighters and EMT's, people who give tickets and determine who was wrong; police. not that in a crash who was wrong shouldn;t be called out, of course they should, but cops don;t help at the scenes, in fact they are a nuissance, i have talked to many firefighters, and they all HATE cops. and its not hard to understand why cops are hated, unless you have an irrational love for them

@Anonymousmouse or what about the nightmarish person who didn't wear his own seatbelt, oh the horror, cop's life was in such a huge...

Perhaps you can imagine the nightmarish things Police officers have to deal. I stand by my statement that many of us cannot do this.

@2684036

That's about where I'd place them, too ;)

I hear them getting credit for the good things they do all the time, actually. Since my response was going to be almost exactly what Bozette already said, I'll leave it at that....

@2683729

Agreed JD. Thanks for commenting. ~)

Dars avatar Dar Agree +1Reply
@2683738

Thanks! I appreciate that very much. ~)

Dars avatar Dar Agree +1Reply
@2683729

lol. sure bud. look around, tickets for victimless crimes, too busy to stop theft, shooting before asking questions, yup great

@2687054

thats the problem, if they don;t give tickets they loose their jobs, i don;t care what reasonsthey give tickets, that is their priority. thats what they care about not., you not me, not your neighbor. yeah so dangerous the next guy im going to give a TICKET TO might kill me ooh so scary. perhaps if they did their job instead of using my tax dollars to tax me more, maybe their jobs would be more dangerous and i would support them, but with what they do today, i cannot support them

@2683775

I agree. Just doing their job...with honor and dignity.

Dars avatar Dar Agree +1Reply

I appreciate the good jobs they do. It's not easy being in a job where they have such scrutiny these days....

@Dar You're right Sukiesnow. We should all walk a mile in their shoes.

i wouldn;t want to, i couldn;t feel right with myself giving a ticket for a victimless crime. while telling someone im too busy to come over when their property is actually being broken into.

People often don't know, or care when cops do good things like this. As soon as one corrupt cop does something they shouldn't though, suddenly "all cops are evil."

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet People often don't know, or care when cops do good things like this. As soon as one corrupt cop does something they...

yeah well maybe when they go back to the old days where they didn;t ticket you for everything under the moon and went back to being the servant of the people maybe people wouldn;t be so quick to judge

They do not get the recognition they deserve. They should come done hard on bad cops but stop painting every cop as a bad guy.

Great story.Great cop.

@2683815

Indeed. biggrin smilie

Dars avatar Dar Agree +1Reply
@2683815

more tickets handed=higher grade, you can pretty much shoot anyone, come up with a BS excuse and the worst you will get is paid leave, if that is rewarding to you then i guess.

I won't make the man a bad cop - in the end, he did a very wonderful thing - though there may have been a risk of the child having a food allergy. I have close relatives who have that issue, one of whom would need immediate medical treatment, so that's why the caution comes to mind - I'm not nitpicking. Just saying I might not have done what he did for that reason ;)

Police have always gotten credit, and that is where the problem may lie.

I can appreciate the fact that it is a dangerous thank-less job, and I salute the many who do it....honestly.

Poor kid, Was the cop his dad?

We only hear the bad stuff because the good stuff is what they're supposed to do. It's stupid to write articles saying "Local police officer accomplishes another day of work". Drawing attention to the flaws within the police is more important and making examples out of the horrible cops should make the others better... sadly most cops get freebies when they misbehave anyway so what is there to even talk about at all regarding law enforcement? It's a fraternity and it's gross and even the "good cops" benefit directly from a crooked system. at least in America.

oh they serve alright, they serve tickets for victimless crimes. you want selfless servants? FIREFIGHTERS, EMT's etc. police rarely serve the people. they only serve their own interests for the most part