Is life easier if you're straight?

Image for post Is life easier if you're straight?
Sukiesnows avatar Life
10 19
@2683718

Things are much different than they were a few short years ago.
Hmm, maybe more than a few.

I think it depends on where you are. There's no doubt there are places where gay folks are openly accepted and other places where they are openly persecuted. Most straight people don't have to deal with that.

Statistically yes, since homosexuals make up a very small percentage of human population and it's harder yo find another person who is gay.

@2683719

wait what do you mean?

@2683723

Oh, well it depends where more gay people are concentrated. In the US you might not find it hard but in places that gays are not as accepted you'd have it really hard.

It does depend on where you are, but in western society, it is a LOT easier to be gay now than it was even 15-20 years ago.
I'm 31 and even when I was a teenager, I never in a million years would expected this much acceptance.

So right now, I don't think a straight person would have an easier life than I do, just for being straight. I'm not one of those people who think straight people need to apologize or feel guilty or whatever. All I want is to be treated the same as anyone else, and to be accepted. Homophobia does still exist (mainly due to religion) but in general, I'm pretty satisfied with things.

I would not know because I've never been crooked

I dont know.
Ive never been a straight person.

It probably depends on where you live.