Paul Newman’s Rolex Is Sold for a Staggering $17.8 Million At Auction. Have you ever won anything at a Live or Online Auction?

"Like Newman, the watch is straightforward but attention grabbing. Its three black dials are surrounded by a cream-colored face and then encircled by a thin steel rim. Across the bottom reads the word “daytona,” while atop the whole thing sits the signature Rolex crown symbol.Newman wore the watch for years. He was pictured with it everywhere from movie sets to the race track, a place the actor was quite fond of over the years as a skilled driver."

Image for post Paul Newman’s Rolex Is Sold for a Staggering $17.8 Million At Auction. Have you ever won anything at a Live or Online Auction?
33% Love Auctions 22% Never Auctioned 44% Other
Dars avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
8 33

I started going to auctions with my mother when i was little. Over the years, i have gotten some things. Some antique furnature, antique hand tools, a few large crocks.
Stopped going, though. I need no more stuff. And people come from everywhere now and it isnt as easy to get those deals.

@Carla I started going to auctions with my mother when i was little. Over the years, i have gotten some things. Some...

You have good taste Carla! Some of my favorite things to collect. And yes, there comes a time when you run out of space. I sell things to make room for more things. ~)

@Dar You have good taste Carla! Some of my favorite things to collect. And yes, there comes a time when you run out of...

The things i have, i could never sell. Ive grown too fond of them.
My first purchase, i was 15. A cherry side table, with porcelain wheels. I got it for six dollars:)

When I was about thirteen, I placed a bid on an electric can opener for my mom when they first came out and won the bid. (I think I paid $8.00 if memory serves.) I also acquired some of the dolls in my collection by bidding on Ebay.

@JanHaskell When I was about thirteen, I placed a bid on an electric can opener for my mom when they first came out and won the...

What kind of dolls do you collect? Working in the industry I have seen some amazing antique and vintage dolls. And a few that were downright creepy.

@Dar What kind of dolls do you collect? Working in the industry I have seen some amazing antique and vintage dolls. And...

Lots of celebrity dolls (Groucho Marx, Frank Sinatra, George Burns, Princess Diana, The Honeymooners, Shirley Temple, etc.), but also dolls from other countries and pretty ones that I just like! a smilie

@2684809

I suck at poker...to many tells. ~/

@2684895

If you make a bid...it counts. ~)

@2684832

Sounds lucky to me. ~)

Never at an auction, but last year I was in an antique store and I was in line to pay for my item, and I won a really nice Thanksgiving tray. Probably worth about $10. lol No big deal but it is pretty.

My left testicle. Does that count?

@Dar It counts, if it counts to you.

My left testicle can only count up to four... Then it gets confused.

@Dar HaHa...anything more than two is impressive.

It's not like I haven't tried to train my testicles, they just seem to be dumb and not interested.

$17.8 million for a freaking watch?! That's absurd!!

Balous avatar Balou Never Auctioned +3Reply

I won a pair of amethyst earrings which I gave to a friend as a birthday gift, a scented candle, and a host of other things I chose to sponsor.

Mashas avatar Masha Love Auctions +2Reply

Someone is celebrating real hard that they managed to sell something out of pure sentimental value, almost 18 million, with that money I'd have my whole family set for life 10 times over.