When you're home, in some level of a "bad place", what or who calms you best... more long-lasting than anything else?

PartyOfOnes avatar Religion
11 24

A good book can capture my full attention and take me somewhere else. Sometimes, it's a book I've read a number of times.

@JustJimColo A good book can capture my full attention and take me somewhere else. Sometimes, it's a book I've read a number of...

Yes, they definitely hold that power, usually on command. I used to read incessantly - loving the immersion without even trying. Excellent reminder to crack open some books and get away from the monitor more often. Thanks, Jim, very much! :)

Mostly...I calm myself down...sometimes I'll talk to a friend who is really helpful...never underestimate the power of someone who knows you really well...

@Sukiesnow Mostly...I calm myself down...sometimes I'll talk to a friend who is really helpful...never underestimate the power...

"never underestimate the power of someone who knows you really well" - that's good advice and a good reminder - sometimes that option doesn't come readily to mind. Nice comment - thanks :)

@2685318

lol... nothing worse than a non-synced cycle - glad they got it together

Sure thing - respecting your privacy as I type (with totally no clue as to why; it's a man thing)

@2685334

All those choices seem clearly sensible, and obviously effective - I'm glad you brought those up :) I guess choosing just the "right" fix for the mood - the cause - would be the hard part for most.

I envy you and Tiff the puppies - I'd love to have one or two of them around.

Thanks for the comments you've left with me - those are some good choices that I'll pass on to others ;)

@2685325

That was absolutely excellent - hilarious, eye-opening, mind-boggling, and stunning... oh, and educational :D THANKS, DWF, for posting that video - clearly among the best entertainment I've seen in ages :D

@ZonkeyBalls LSD

I have to claim ignorance on its' effects but as long as it works for you, I'm glad you have that option, honestly :)

Thanks for the comment - I appreciate your input ;)

@PartyOfOne Thankfully you have one - any arrests can be put on him, lol

Bob is already on house arrest, I don't think they can do that much more with him, since he isn't exactly real.

My critters. My eldest dog, just...knows.

@Carla My critters. My eldest dog, just...knows.

I'm glad you have that immediate consolation, not having to wait for a remote source to console you.
I've heard from others that certain animals can sense human emotions - that's kind of uncanny :)

My four legged friends keep me grounded.

@2687557

I'm very glad you have that "go to" option that's been effective :) I learned how to play a few tunes on an acoustic but I didn't keep up with it - fun while it lasted, though ;)

Thanks for contributing to the question - it may very well spark another's interest as an option they'd want to try :D

Best of the day to you.

@2706591

Most of my friends who have pets have told me the same of their animals. When I've had mine, they've always been a positive companion... loving and lovable in every way. Just being rubbed up against, nuzzled, or snuggled was all it took to bring a sense of calm.

Thanks for posting your comment... I appreciate it :)

My best friend.My husband.

@hootowl My best friend.My husband.

I'm honestly glad you have him to go to :)

Thanks for giving your input - nice of you to do so :)