Teachers are reporting stress among some of their students due to what Trump is doing to our country. Amirite?

I think our entire country is stressed out because of the president's actions, or lack of. He says something one day and then contradicts himself the next day.

This post was suggested to me by a good friend. Thanks, pal!

Teachers Report Stressed, Anxious Students In The 'Age Of Trump'In a national survey by UCLA researchers, teachers say they have students who are concerned for themselves and their families. And some teachers have seen a decline in classroom civility.http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2017/10/26/559914440/teachers-report-stressed-anxious-students-in-the-age-of-trump
StarzAboves avatar
11 21
@2685447

Right, and they wonder why kids are getting bad grades.

I know that the the strong feelings many people have about the current president and his actions, have resulted in rifts and tension among friends and family.
I have no doubt that the tension has impacted students of all ages.

@StarzAbove Exactly.

He can only be blamed so much for that, I think. I do believe most people do still have free will, so it is on individuals as to how they react to this clearly unprecedented presidency.

Exactly....his actions are that he lies all the time. And now with Mueller's investigations closing in on him, he is panicking, and of course, trying to drag Hillary into the conversation. He seems to forget that Hillary is a private citizen now, holds no government office. That just proves he's scared to death of what they will find out about him and his ties to Russia. It's just a matter of time now, before Trump is impeached or is forced to resign....TICK TOCK....!!

@2685594

He's a very scary president. Kids can sense when something is wrong, and I'm sure they are getting it from their parents.

And now with the investigation closing in, I'm sure he's in a rage. And as usual he's trying to divert the conversation to Hillary. Guess he's forgotten that Hillary is a private citizen, and what he says now is falling on deaf ears. If he tries to fire Mueller, then the shit will hit the fan for sure.

@2685598

Did you see him giving out candy to the press's kids? He was dissing their parents and they didn't know what to do. Trump is such an ignorant man, he's pathetic.

@2685606

Exactly and stressful for those little kids who all they wanted was some candy.

@2685614

Exactly. If he had a casino or other properties there, he would have had that island cleared up in two weeks, but he looks at those Americans as low lifes....

Kids, especially younger kids don't know anything about politics. They're not "terrified of trump", they're terrified because their parents and teachers are telling them it's the end of the world and that Trump is an evil nazi.

Maybe if parents and teachers would stop trying to intentionally terrify their children and just let them enjoy their childhood, this wouldn't be happening.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet Kids, especially younger kids don't know anything about politics. They're not "terrified of trump", they're...

He is an evil person, there's no getting around that....and he's corrupt. Kids are online a lot, so they see what's going on, and it's not just coming from their parents.

And it just might be the end of the world, if he starts a conflict with No. Korea.

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate your opinion.

Students are reporting stress due to teachers who can't keep their political agendas out of the classroom. As with most things, can go either way.

@Dar Students are reporting stress due to teachers who can't keep their political agendas out of the classroom. As with...

You can defend Trump all you want, but the truth is he is the cause of most of the unrest in our country. There is no where in that report does it say that the teachers are the cause of the stress. If you have prove I'd love to see it.

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your opinion.

@StarzAbove You can defend Trump all you want, but the truth is he is the cause of most of the unrest in our country. There...

Show me where I was defending Trump. Just stating a fact. It does indeed go both ways.

I will always respect your opinion StarzAbove. And defend your right to say it.

@Dar Show me where I was defending Trump. Just stating a fact. It does indeed go both ways. I will always respect your...

And I yours. From other comments you've made about Trump, I just assumed you were supportive of Trump, was I wrong? If so, I apologize.

From what I have read on the posts above, it sounds like very few (or nobody) actually read the attached article. I did, and the article stated that the students are getting their information from Facebook, Twitter, television and talk radio, so it is no wonder that they may be feeling stressed. Everybody knows what cesspools that Facebook and Twitter are for spreading false rumors and unsubstantiated "fake news".

And the article did say that there was no similar study that was done to compare the stress levels in any previous administrations, so there cannot be any conclusion drawn that the stress during the "Age of Trump" is any worse than it was during the "Age of Obama". I remember that when I was a student, we were in constant stress worrying about nuclear war because of the constant "saber rattling" between President Kennedy and Premier Nikita Khrushchev! Khrushchev pounded his shoe on the table at the United Nations and declared "We will bury you!" and Kennedy blockaded Cuba and made Khrushchev take all his nukes out of there.

Anonymous