+6

Our capacity to care about the fate of our fellow humans is what makes liberalism possible, our propensity to not give a damn about them is what makes liberalism necessary. Even if it was true that liberal policy makes little economic sense, it is still the more noble alternative.

VicZincs avatar Politics
6 16

That's what makes liberals outstanding, we care what happens to our fellow man.

I agree with the need for liberalism in moderation. I believe that either side left unchecked would end up disastrous. So don't get too far up on that high horse. JMHO

Liberalism is soft slavery. Liberalism has it's supporters believing that liberal politicians will take care of them. Food, health care, housing, education, telephone, Internet all available to you for free! ..... As long as you stay poor enough to qualify.

There is no incentive for people to better their position. There is every incentive to remain a 'ward of the state', and to vote for the politicians giving stuff away. It also promotes class envy, hatred and division.

The liberal politicians are happy to take money from wealthier citizens who are portrayed as 'the evil rich' and distribute the 'government cheese' which is never enough to satisfy anyone. So, the poor tend to stay poor and demand to be given more. They are basically slaves.

@Budwick Liberalism is soft slavery. Liberalism has it's supporters believing that liberal politicians will take care of...

You really have no idea what you are talking about bud. Most liberals I know work very hard and earn a pretty decent living. I know the liberals in California are forced to pay for you slackers in the fly over states.

@Flrdsgns You really have no idea what you are talking about bud. Most liberals I know work very hard and earn a pretty...

Perhaps you are unaware that historically democrats have leaned heavily on low income / no income voters. And, designed entitlement programs so that it's damned near impossible to get OUT of those programs. Thereby ensuring democrat votes to maintain the gravy train. [Hence soft slavery]

I'm glad to have been able to teach you about this today.

@Budwick Perhaps you are unaware that historically democrats have leaned heavily on low income / no income voters. And...

That was once true bud, but this is the present, and the red states seem to be the ones who produce the least, earn the least and are the least educated.

@Flrdsgns That was once true bud, but this is the present, and the red states seem to be the ones who produce the least, earn...

Let's suppose that's true. It has nothing to do with my comment.
States of any color, past or present, don't vote, are not eligible for the same entitlement programs referenced.

State officials are corrupted in entirely different ways - but the slavery thing still applies.

@Budwick Let's suppose that's true. It has nothing to do with my comment. States of any color, past or present, don't vote...

Oh, regarding the entitlement programs, I do have a republican side. I would like to see all welfare either ended entirely or limited to a short time. It isn't up to the government to ensure the weak are taken care of, but of course I feel the same about medical care. If someone can't afford it, or they don't have insurance, doctors should have the right to just walk away from them without ever treating them. Who wants to work for free?

@Flrdsgns Oh, regarding the entitlement programs, I do have a republican side. I would like to see all welfare either ended...

On the entitlement thing - congrats!
I don't understand why you resist republicans who agree with you on this vital issue.

On the medical thing, I think the way things worked before Obamacare worked OK. People paid their way. Most working people had insurance through their employers. Medicaid took care of the indigent. Hospital emergency rooms didn't turn anyone away that needed emergency care. It worked for decades.

That's right. Liberals are simply SUPERIOR. I've always said that.
If you don't believe it, just ask one.

wonder what she is saying on hump day Wednesday

Is that why they believe in abortion.Also open boarders,to let any body in regardless of who they are or what they do.Also to stop free speech and chase decent people out of restaurants.
to cause riots and damage other peoples property.You call that caring for the fate of our fellow human beings.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree -1Reply