Dog has his own "wardrobe" of accessories. The American Pet Products Association says that last year, Americans spent $66 billion on the pet industry. Do you spoil your pet?

"Pet owners are even taking their 4-legged friends on vacations at lavish pet hotels with top notch service. Some amenities includes plush beds and flat screen TV's. For feline guests, personalized cuddle time with games on the iPad."

Image for post Dog has his own "wardrobe" of accessories. The American Pet Products Association says that last year, Americans spent $66 billion on the pet industry. Do you spoil your pet?
Dars avatar Animals & Nature
3 21
@2686718

Hounds are very loyal. Agreed...pals. I have seen some hideous outfits on pets.

@2686730

Would they become a doggie treat?! ~)

@2686811

Sounds fair enough. ~)

@2686936

Well...I figured it was a gentle hosing.

Sometimes it seems "SMH" could be an appropriate response to half the posts on this site. smile smilie

@2686982

I agree there. I would want my pooch to be warm.

Jesus friggin Christ! These animals are pets, not some overpriced Barbie dolls you can dress! Cats and dogs should have a lifestyle as close to natural as possible that means food, exercise and rest. What happened to proper pet owners that kept the well being of the animal over their own wishes?

I don't believe in clothing pets. If you want to do something for them, then donate money to animal shelters.

I love my dogs - I really do. And, I do spoil them but not like these photos. My pups get lots of attention, playtime, walks, good healthy home made food - stuff like that. I do have a winter coat for one of 'em - but he has short hair and gets cold in winter, and it's not some fancy thing, it's bright orange with a reflective stripe so he's more visible when we're out on walks.

I don't begrudge people that do that stuff. It's for themselves really. I don't think dogs actually like wearing neckties.

@Budwick I love my dogs - I really do. And, I do spoil them but not like these photos. My pups get lots of attention...

You sound like a an awesome pet owner Budwick. ~) And no, I don't dogs actually like wearing neckties.