Piper2s avatar
10 32
@2688336

It seems so sometimes, the times I've happened upon one. I saw this Peter Popoff guy peddling his "free miracle water" on a BET related channel today though, while watching a movie. I thought it was' a joke', at first.

@2688348

I read a bit about him after I saw the goofy ad, but not that he'd actually ever been arrested.

Yes I find it sad too.

@2688356

I'm pretty sure he's never been arrested for scams, unfortunately. If he has, I can't find any reference to it.

@2688336

Home donation channels. Ha!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@2688345

And some of these..

@2688362

Many do, it seems, and people who can ill afford to be sending their money to scoundrels like this guy.

Some people will believe anything a so called "minister" says. Not me. Some are nothing but a bunch of crooks.

If a minister is on tv and asking for money, he is scamming. And you're right...scamming the people that are a dollar away from being not having a roof.

In religions or philosophies, in politics and in societies, good intentions and principles are too often distorted by too zealous, reckless, greedy, bossy or other fanatic adepts or crooks. Sadly enough, the best organisations have their "bad elements".

What is wrong with drinking spring water?
He said, she said. Not all ministers do this, nor do all of their former employees.

@Hunkie What is wrong with drinking spring water? He said, she said. Not all ministers do this, nor do all of their former...

I can think of a few things, but that would be another subject.

Of course not all ministers attempt to coerce vulnerable people out of their money in the name of "God" with false claims.....this guy
does.

http://www.businessinsider.com/...ef-scam-2011-9

I wasn't at the Chernobyl nuclear accident, nor did I see anyone drink the water, OR their reaction to it. So I won't call anyone I don't know a liar. I wasn't there.
I always thought Jesus was a "he", but I never saw that person either, so maybe "his" blessing is "her" blessing. Who knows? I guess it all depends on something.

@FuzzyPeach I wasn't at the Chernobyl nuclear accident, nor did I see anyone drink the water, OR their reaction to it. So I...

I wasn't either. Neither was Peter Popoff, who is claiming people can be delivered from all kinds of personal travails if they just respond to his supposedly free "miracle water" TV ads.

Yep, the Jesus in the Christian Bible is definitely a male. His father's son, and all. I have no problem with that, do you?

@Piper2 I wasn't either. Neither was Peter Popoff, who is claiming people can be delivered from all kinds of personal...

No problem here. I just couldn't help wondering why, in your explanation, you put "his" in quotations, re: "his" blessings. But after reading it again and again,...and again... I realize that it is possible there can be more than one interpretation, I guess. My mistake. I make a lot of mistakes.

The only miracle...is the people dumb enough to believe it..

Probably ordered those packets of water from China..

Then again... he never said where the miracle spring was..

@DandyDon The only miracle...is the people dumb enough to believe it.. Probably ordered those packets of water from...

From the link ...."Popoff says his miracle water is from a Russian spring that has magical healing properties":

“This packet contains water from the spring in Southern Russia where the pastors and Christians were led by the Holy Spirit to drink during the horrible Chernobyl nuclear accident…. No one who drank from this spring died from nuclear contamination. No one who followed divine leading and direction suffered illness.”