What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?

Image for post What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar Language
8 4

I know it's not really funny in the traditional sense, but considering all of the odds (three billion to one or so), it's kind of black humor. After I was shot the third time (the third time happened, when I was already a civvie, in Finland)... The doctor told me, that since all of the three entry wounds were in the same exact spot, they could actually fix me up with laser surgery, so the scars wouldn't be that obvious to spot. I just realized, then, that it wasn't just the same shoulder, but it was within 4 mm for all of the entry points. I bursted into uncontrollable laughter, I laughed and laughed and although laughing hurt like hell, I kept laughing until I actually passed out - laughing too much can't kill you, unless you are operating a vehicle, but it does make breathing normally sort of difficult. Or perhaps it was the morphine they gave me, don't know, don't care. I had my fun.

Once I was talking to a co-worker/friend on the phone at work. As I often would do I multitasked and continued working as she talked.

The conversation went on for so long, and was so one-sided - she was doing all of the talking and I occasionally responding with "uh huh" and "hmm" - that I came to believe that I was just listening to a really long voice mail. Eventually I tried deleting 'the message' by hitting the 3 key on my phone. As soon as she heard the beep from me hitting the key she said, 'what was that'?

I instantly snapped back into the moment and burst out laughing. When I told her I had just attempted deleting her she said something like "you're an asshole" (in good nature) and hung up.