TheCensoredBrits avatar Technology
7 17

I like smart phones and find them quite useful, but it's just another smart phone. I really can't understand the fanaticism.

@2689551

I've used both iPhones and Samsungs. I like and dislike both for various reasons, but right now I'm using the iPhone 6SE and it's great with the exception of transferring music to it from my computer.

The only thing i can think of is status.

I'm not positive, but my guess is it has something to do with dopamine.

I never understood what the big deal is that people line up overnight to give their money like morons for some fancy tech. If people have that much money to burn then so be it. My phone is Huawei P9 Lite, it's a cheaper version of the original P9 aka a budget phone. It's much cheaper and it does everything a normal smartphone does and it's $800 cheaper than the cheapest iPhone X

@Sunny_the_skeptic I never understood what the big deal is that people line up overnight to give their money like morons for some...

I'm in complete agreement with your take on the cost versus what you can get out of that product - those products, actually - the prices are insanely criminal.

@PartyOfOne I'm in complete agreement with your take on the cost versus what you can get out of that product - those products...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the new iPhone is definitely better than mine but for a price too big you get too little in addition. It's just economical to get a phone that does 99% of the things anyway but much cheaper.

@2688500

As long as Apple exists there will always be Americans or Koreans that camp near the store to buy it. Even if they put a logo on a rock there will be someone who gives money for it.

I currently have an iPhone. it's two models behind the new one and every time I try and copy music to it via iTunes, I develop an unnatural inner rage that makes me want to destroy all things Apple. Samsung have their own issues too. Still I like them both... not for making calls on, I almost never do that, but for managing aspects of my life, like GPS and google maps, great quality built in camera, booking hotels and flights when I'm out, communicating with work, managing appointments, texting friends, finding restaurants, instant weather forecasts for any part of the world you happen to be in or travelling to, apps for music like Shazam and also a running app I use to keep track of how many km's a week I run. Great things smart phones, but the lack of control over your device that companies like Apple give you is often really frustrating, I sure wouldn't be queuing up for one.

@2689553

I only use it because apple forces you to use that as a medium to transfer your own music from your PC onto your iPhone and it's painful. Amazon Prime does sound good though for buying music.