Is it a big deal to leave this site or not? Some people need to announce it and others don't. Most people come right back. Why do some people get a lot of grief for taking time off while others don't?

Image for post Is it a big deal to leave this site or not?  Some people need to announce it and others don't.  Most people come right back.  Why do some people get a lot of grief for taking time off while others don't?
Animals & Nature
4 29
The people are still deciding if this post is right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2688907

Yep, no matter what Old JD keeps coming back, over, and over and over. Just like an infection I had when serving in SE Asia - but they had penicillin for that!

But, anonymous posters could leave and we would never miss 'em!

People leave for various reasons, no big deal. It's up to the individual to let others know when they are leaving not.

I guess it is, sort of, to those who will miss the one leaving. I've seen people getting called cowards, snowflakes and such, when they've said something about leaving, and why.

@Piper2 I guess it is, sort of, to those who will miss the one leaving. I've seen people getting called cowards...

I've noticed that some people find fault with everything anyone does or doesn't do. Geez. They need to mind their own business.

@StarzAbove Busy bodies.

I suspect most of us have at least a little of that in us. When it goes beyond curiosity and turns into something 'ugly', it just isn't cool.

@2689268

There are many people I've been sorry to see leave, whether they were close friends or not.

Why would it be a big deal? It's a social site, not a prison.

No idea, I've been on and off from the site, no one notices when you dont make an announcement

I have not seen certain people getting grief for leaving. In fact, I see many welcoming them back.

Anonymous