+6

if democrats had the laws they wish in regards to guns more people would have died. seeing that law abiding citizens would have no means in which to defend themselves against those who don;t abide by the law!

just look at cities where democrat gun control is the reality, those cities have the highest gun crimes as well. and if democrats had their way and gun violence only went up, what would be democrats response? even more control? to what ends? the best gun control is knowing how to use a gun in a high stress situation, so that lives can be saved

After Texas church massacre, two men hailed as heroes for chasing and shooting the gunman - NTD InspiredIn the aftermath of the Texas church massacre, two men are being hailed as heroes after they shot and chased the gunman in an attempt to prevent more bloodshed.  Johnnie Langendorff was at an intersection near First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs when he saw the gunman, Devin Kelley, exchanging fire with a 55-year-old local resident, Stephen …http://www.ntd.tv/inspiring/news/after-texas-church-massacre-two-men-hailed-as-heroes-for-chasing-and-shooting-the-gunman.html
Anonymousmouses avatar Politics
7 87

I've noticed a pattern. The bad guy stops killing people whenever a good guy shows up and shoots him. Just sayin!

If a nut case doesn't have a gun, he will make a pipe bomb or IED. If he can't make a bomb, he will use a truck. I'f he doesn't have a truck, he can use a knife. If he doesn't have a knife, he can buy some poison.
Ignorant comments that claim the weapon is responsible, live with their heads in the sand.

@2689165

Bombs are actually very simple to make and you can easily put one on a timer. The UK has had their share of mass murders as well, by all the mean you listed, including guns.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L..._Great_Britain
http://www.bbc.com/news/10216955
I think in the latest case here in TX, it was a case of the killer "wanting" to "see" those people die.
One of the reasons the UK doesn't experience the number of these killings is that the UK is about the size of Oregon and has a population of about 65 million as opposed to 330 million.

@2689261

Have to disagree with you. It's still not the guns, but who has them. We always hear the stories about how bad the NRA is in protecting people's right to own guns. I don't know of a single NRA member who has gone out and committed murders with their guns.

Statistics, as you know, are all about how they are presented.
https://crimeresearch.org/2015/...us-and-europe/

@2689277

and criminals will use that to their advantage. they will know law abiding citizens will not have guns to defend themselves so they will have so many more targets

@2689298

Homicides are up 14% in England and Wales. While you may not carry, or own a gun. Others there do. I'd rather have one and never need it than not have it if I do.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-...nife-gun-crime

@2689370

Does it matter who it is? A threat is a threat is a threat. The US's numbers would drop as well if you took out the terrorists and the immigrants, legal as well as illegal. Unfortunately, we don't live in countries without terrorists or immigrants.

@2689462

As it should.

@2689298

was there not an attack or several not too long ago in england killing people? no guns used.

you have an irrational bias against guns. people don;t need guns to kill. and the fact that violence rate has NOT gone down in England should be evidence enough that. guns are NOT a requirement for violence. violence has existed since the beginning of time. and guns are not needed to kill thousands of people. look at 9/11 tel lme again how many guns where used.

in the USA if law abiding citizens where not allowed guns criminals would still use them. look at chicago or detroit for example

@2689315

doesn;t matter, my point is that guns are not needed to kill people, guns do not have mind control capabilities forcing people to act violently. the issue is people. you could outright ban guns, violence and killing will NOT go down, only solution is to make laws in favor of self defense,

@2689321

thats BS, many states have said self defense laws and your hypothetical is NOT reality.

but your gun free society has NOT reduced violence is reality. also your gun free society is not really gun free because of the black market

@2689457

thanks for letting me know. didn;t know that

@2689277

Name me a place on the planet where a bad guy who wants a gun bad enough, can't get a gun. That's just a reality Jon. Guns are also equalizers. There was recently a case of an 80+ year old woman who shot a person who broke into her home. What might have happened if she wasn't armed? With crime getting as bad as it is getting everywhere, and people like you and me add another 15 years to our age, there isn't much we are going to be able to do if a couple 23 year old intruders break into our homes without a "tool" to help us. When we were young, 50 years ago, the thought of needing a tool like a gun for personal defense was somewhat remote. Times have changed.

Hell John, I'd love to think when I retire in a few years that I could live on my farm in a remote area with there being no threat out there and I wouldn't need a gun for anything except hunting.

@2689306

The hypothetical idea of "nobody" having guns, just isn't realistic John. The areas that have the strictest gun laws, are sometimes the places with the most gun violence. Ex. Chicago.

@2689317

It's a scary world out there John, and getting scarier. Glad I grew up in the era I did. Not sure what kind of world our grandkid's will be facing.

@2689306

so you are saying their are no criminals with guns in England? i highly doubt that. laws are like locks on doors, they are their for law abiding citizens and keep them in check, criminals will find ways if they want.

@2689366

good people die when when good people aren;t allowed guns while criminals still get guns

@2689165

a bomb can kill just as many even faster, all it takes is premeditated action, say break into the church at 2 in the morning set everything up and come church time BAM! their are ways without guns and it happens all the time, liberal Media just chooses to look the other way

@2689294

We have a church out in the country, where I grew up. It's never locked and anyone can go there 24/7. The church has a congregation of about 60 and has been there for over 100 years. It's a beautiful building. Nobody has ever vandalized it or stolen anything from it. In small communities, people just don't see themselves as potential targets of this kind of crime.

@2689294

not if there is no sign of being broken into. perhaps a good locksmith unlocked the door set things up locked the door back up, no one is the wiser.

all i am getting at is its easy to kill many people without a gun, people do it all the time. yet liberals never blame the weapon used unless its a gun

@JustJimColo If a nut case doesn't have a gun, he will make a pipe bomb or IED. If he can't make a bomb, he will use a truck...

liberals blame the person responsible not the weapon until a gun is used, when a gun is used it magically becomes the guns fault

@2688937

except they can;t properly define what an assault weapon is, they speak out of their ****, and don;t have the slightest clue what they are talking about.

define assault, if i hit you then i am assaulting you, then my fist are by definition at that point assault weapons, where does it end? any weapon you use on another human being can be classified as an assault weapon.

look at how terrorist extremists kill a great many people, 9/11 two box cutter knives and some planes, bombs, vehicles, not guns, we don;t hear liberals wanting to ban planes, box cutter knives or vehicles.

what part of 'though shalt not infringe" do liberals not understand?

putting a restriction on high capacity will only prevent law abiding citizens from owning them, criminals will still use em. and guess what, the shooter was not legally allowed to have a gun of any kind, did that stop him? no it did not. so tell me ho wmore regulation will prevent anything? other then take away the rights of law abiding citizens???

@2688968

I, absolutely, adore you, will:)

@2688968

its democrat law makers that are clueless, and liberals in general (at least the very 'social" liberals). it really is like they discriminate against a gun because of how it looks.

liberal MSM always ignores the times guns saved lives, their are LOTS. but you have to research because liberal MSM want to paint a biased negative picture on guns,

when you look at actual stats, gun death's is amongst the lowest cause of death in the US, but MSM puts it under a magnifying glass so that people have an unreasonable bias against guns and gun owners.

the highest cause of death is abortion, so really if anyone supports abortion they have no right to say jack shit about guns.

@Anonymousmouse its democrat law makers that are clueless, and liberals in general (at least the very 'social" liberals). it really...

you are too bright are you? the highest rate of death is "natural death" so the Medical examiners write on your death certificate. So get your facts in order. Abortion is good, just think if the mother of the Thug From Queens had aborted him 70 plus years ago?

Just think. If the killer had a knife or a garret he might have killed even more people before a hero with a registered knife could get close enough to stop him. Thank goodness for guns!

@VicZinc Just think. If the killer had a knife or a garret he might have killed even more people before a hero with a...

Imagine if the shooters criminal past had actually been reported to national crime database!

@Budwick Imagine if the shooters criminal past had actually been reported to national crime database!

So true. Then he would have had to go to a 'gun show' instead of Walmart to buy his piece.

@VicZinc So true. Then he would have had to go to a 'gun show' instead of Walmart to buy his piece.

Maybe you could focus your efforts on that actual weakness in the system!

@Budwick Maybe you could focus your efforts on that actual weakness in the system!

I prefer not to focus on it at all.

Free guns for everyone!

No restrictions. Mortars, tanks, anti-aircraft guns.

Anything goes as far as I am concerned.

Suitcase Nukes? I say, "why not!"

@Budwick Are you unable to actually discuss things? Or, do you simply prefer hyperbole?

I was raised to think that the Bill of Rights was more important than the Bible. I think there should be no laws restricting armaments owned by free citizens.

what are your thoughts?

@VicZinc I prefer not to focus on it at all. Free guns for everyone! No restrictions. Mortars, tanks, anti-aircraft...

VicZinc, Your post prompted me to tell you that yesterday I watched a rerun of a very old TV show from the 1950s called "Highway Patrol". The criminal they were chasing had a bazooka that he had stolen from a military armory and he was using to blow open safes where businesses kept their cash before taking to banks for depositing. Was that an assault weapon, because he was only shooting safes with it and not shooting other people?

@goblue1968 VicZinc, Your post prompted me to tell you that yesterday I watched a rerun of a very old TV show from the 1950s...

The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. I don't care if he was shooting gofers or tyrants.

@VicZinc The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. I don't care if he was shooting gofers or tyrants.

Vic, I totally agree with you.

I am actually a dues-paying member of the NRA and I don't even have a gun (and never did).

@2689333

Yeah, that's true. Stolen weapons should be reported - but they're not always.

@2689340

Agreed. I'm a BIG 2nd Amendment supporter, but knowing who is buying them seems like a no brainer to me. I don't know what to do about stolen guns and / or undocumented guns.

No, when you kill somebody at close range, no matter what you use, there is more fear and a better change of getting your own ass killed. that is what makes gun toting people dangerous, they can shoot you w/o even smelling your last breath.

Why the heck was this guy not locked back up again?

I have to admit, having talked to a good friend of mine who is also a Republican, that my views on guns have changed somewhat.

I also applaud the actions of the two gents in the picture.

@TheCensoredBrit I have to admit, having talked to a good friend of mine who is also a Republican, that my views on guns have...

exactly, these two saved lives. had they not been allowed a gun in public more would have died

@Anonymousmouse exactly, these two saved lives. had they not been allowed a gun in public more would have died

I thought it was just the older gent who had a rifle and the one in the hat ran the gunman off the road after he drove off.

These shootings are government based mind control sleeper cells programmed to kill with the outcome of the shooter being killed or committing suicide. That way they cannot be questioned. If the situation doesn't have a motive, question it. Real people don't do this crap without a motive.

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Agree +1Reply
@2689164

so violence is only wrong if a gun is used? that is what you are subconsciously saying. because violence did not go down in england.

@2689302

naw jusy blown up to bits from bombs, or stabbed, point being violence is NOT lower.

is violence only wrong if a gun is used?

@2689369

proving my point JD, guns are NOT the problem.

@2689399

Stop being dumb. As I said and you darn well know violence is not lower in England despite your anti gun laws. Don’t need guns to kill people

@2689706

lol, did you ever bother to compare that with population? pretty sure USA is much larger then England so yeah their will be more deaths.

so no one dies in England from violence? or do you seriously think violence is ok so long as no guns are used?

Shit, I was waiting for someone on here to exploit that tragedy.

And no, I don't want to go back to the wild west days.

If the guy hadn't been allowed in the FIRST PLACE to buy guns, there wouldn't have been a mass church shooting.

@dru18 Shit, I was waiting for someone on here to exploit that tragedy. And no, I don't want to go back to the wild west...

People get guns illegally. The guy who shots up the church had the gun illegally. Legal gun owners prevented a higher casualty.

@Anonymousmouse People get guns illegally. The guy who shots up the church had the gun illegally. Legal gun owners prevented a...

There is no proof that legal gun owners prevent higher causalities.

Getting guns illegally, happens all the time.

@dru18 There is no proof that legal gun owners prevent higher causalities. Getting guns illegally, happens all the time.

not if you keep your mind brainwashed by MSM. and liberal anti gun groups. if you research you will find many cases where someone with a legal gun has prevented casualities, problem is MSM refuses to report it. they just report when it goes bad. and the amounts of time it goes bad is but a sliver, liberal MSM put a 10x magnifying glass to it though so it looks worse then it actually is

id rather be able to defend myself against the guy who got a gun illegally, then to have to trust other people with guns to come and clean up my remains

There I knew someone would have a gun

Jaxxi, There is always a motive whenever an illegal shooting occurs. It's just that the law enforcement officials don't always tell the public what motive they discovered, or the shooter's motive conveniently became unavailable for discovery when he was killed. But your mind controlled hit man theory has seen quite a few examples where the hit men were Muslims instructed by the Quran to kill infidels!