Have you noticed missing wings when buying cooked chickens at grocery?

Every time I buy a cooked chicken from a local grocery, it has only one wing. I wonder if it is a new breed or the store thinks it fine to steal that wing to put on the wing bar

22% yes frequently 56% No always find 2 per chicken 22% Other
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
5 21

I never really thought about it. Come to think of it, there often aren't any wings on pre-cooked chicken. They probably take them off and sell them separately.
I've noticed increasing amounts of wings in my KFC buckets though, and a lot of restaurants serving wings; they used to be considered almost useless because they're mostly bone with very little meat, but someone decided that they're trendy, so now people have no problem with paying excessive prices for less than one bite of meat.
T-bone steaks are a ripoff too; most of the weight is in the bone, so they're overpriced for the amount of meat you get.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet I never really thought about it. Come to think of it, there often aren't any wings on pre-cooked chicken. They...

Yes...wings cost more per pound than thighs. But...the little bit of meat you do get, is very tasty.
Used to be throwaway parts.

I dont care much for strips, so i dont buy tbone or porterhouse.
But bone in ribeye, in my opinion (which means nothing, btw) in much more flavorful than without the bone.

@2689035

Oh, yes..me too.
No fun eating a wing with out sucking the meat off the bone, and making a bit of a mess:]

Never bought a chicken-freshly cooked or raw -without both wings.Which I eat before carving.

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales No always find 2 per chicken +3Reply

No. But the may come off when they pull them from the rotisserie (sp?). I would say something...but, then, i sometimes can't contain myself.

@2689036

OK syg smart man you only getting the best part that way.

@2689080

SG I use scissors cut what i can that way then put the rest into crockpot for soup, but you know what works for you chew smilie

Since wings are my favorite piece, I'd notice. I've never seen a cooked wingless chicken in the store.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo No always find 2 per chicken +2Reply

I buy them raw and often find missing hearts. Never noticed missing wings.

@VicZinc I buy them raw and often find missing hearts. Never noticed missing wings.

Really VZ wonder where the heart goes? I think just my store takes the wing.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Really VZ wonder where the heart goes? I think just my store takes the wing.

Usually there is a neck, liver and gizzard and only about 1/2 the time a heart.

I use every bit, but the hearts are my favorite. The package says "some giblet parts may be missing".

I keep a bag in the freezer for each part, a bag for: wings, drums, livers, hearts, gizzards, necks and backs, I usually eat the thighs and breasts right away and wait for a bag full of the others.

OK just jim must be just my store.

Anonymous