+2

Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.

This is a question that's often asked at job interviews.

PhilboydStudges avatar Jobs & Employment
8 10

Our company had a problem with forklift batteries failing to hold a charge starting at about 3 years. Since they are supposed to last 5 years or more we had to figure out a solution. After talking with the experts on the matter it was decided that they were not getting enough time to cool down so we would need to increase the number by 50% to rotate them efficiently. Since these things cost about $8 grand a peice and we have over 150 forklifts in the company it was a real tough sell to the board of directors. I convinced them to expand the battery float over the next 2 years. That was quite a while ago but now the average battery life is between 7 and 8 years.

@Will_Janitor Our company had a problem with forklift batteries failing to hold a charge starting at about 3 years. Since they...

Did anyone ever remove what they thought was a useless bit of electronics from them. They usually have a charge capacitor that fuckwits think are useless that they remove that causes this issue.

I would post one of your favorite philosophical memes but I posted once already this week - so I'll just say: always look on the bright side of life.

I works for me. When the going gets rough, I force a smile and push on through with a whistle in my heart. Sometimes I burst into song in front of everyone. Singing in the Rain is a common choice for me. Usually gets a laugh.

Being female. When I received my Certifications as a Network Engineer 15 years ago every place I applied for a job was an all male environment. I did find a great job working for a Security company who hired me as a District Administrator where I was able to incorporate my computer networking skills with my existing management skills.

@Dar Being female. When I received my Certifications as a Network Engineer 15 years ago every place I applied for a job...

Good on you Dar.

You know, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever worked at a place with a female Network Engineer. Ever.

@PhilboydStudge Good on you Dar. You know, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever worked at a place with a female...

I was also the only female in my class. Yes, that was a tough year being with 15 guys everyday. ~)

I assumed females would be more prevalent in the field by now. I knew I was taking a chance. But I get to tease my husband he only married me for my cooking and tech support. biggrin smilie