+3

How Japan has almost eradicated gun crime. This article makes sense to me. Make it hard as hell to purchase guns and keep them. If you want to buy a gun in Japan you need patience and determination. You have to attend an all-day class, take a written exam and pass a shooting-range test with a mark of at least 95%. It's all about responsibility.

How Japan has almost eradicated gun crimeJapan has one of the lowest rates of gun crime in the world. In 2014 there were just six gun deaths, compared to 33,599 in the US. What is the secret?http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729
Balous avatar Politics
6 21

I'm all for responsible people having guns. The problem we have in the USA is that guns are way too accessible to questionable people that purchase them for nefarious reasons.

Balous avatar Balou Agree +7Reply

The difference here is people's mentality, how interested people are in guns. Japan has never had such a problem, people dont have such an interest, Americans and Japanese are entirely different people absolutely nothing alike in mentality or convictions.

@2689454

Old school Japanese are some of the most xenophobic people, even 2nd, 3rd generation Koreans living there are considered a foreigner.

@2689948

Why are you talking as if I was saying that Japan is like America?

It's a great idea, but until the politicians get out of bed with the NRA, nothing will change. Too much money is involved.

@StarzAbove Exactly, money talks....the heck with who pays the price.

Obviously, they think people are expendable. I truly hate the government!

Balous avatar Balou Agree +3Reply
@Balou Obviously, they think people are expendable. I truly hate the government!

I do too. They aren't for Americans anymore they for themselves....and the heck with the rest of us...until they need our votes.

@2689252

Unfortunately, you might be right about that.

Balous avatar Balou Agree +3Reply

I wonder if members of Yakuza will follow them guidelines.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but:

Anonymous