When did GOP go from "the sanctity of marriage" to "so what if she was underage, he didn't actually put it in?"

Image for post When did GOP go from "the sanctity of marriage" to "so what if she was underage, he didn't actually put it in?"
0% Clinton used a cigar 25% They let you do anything! 25% Mary was 14 when Jesus was born 0% Let's buy guns instead 50% Other
VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
2 34
@2690024

Two words...

Anthony Weiner

Dars avatar Dar Other +2Reply
@2690024

And now one nutcase is bringing Mary and Joseph into the picture. And some evangelicals will agree. Hypocrites.

@2690050

Except the dem's rarely run on morality issues -

Neither side (or any politician [or any person]) should engage in sexual harassment or violation of another's personal space - but to be fair, the republicans have a history of making 'morality' an campaign issue and therefore should hold each other to that standard.

Dems, as I said rarely engage in moral condemnations - they absolutely should be held to high moral standards.

Bottom line, many on either side of the aisle are horndogs - so Repubs should stop pretending that they are more moral than Dems.

@2690274

OK. That's probably a valid statement.

Since bannon decided he was gonna hand pick republucan candidates.

It's a whole new ballgame when a Republican is accused of this kind of crap. They sure hung Bill Clinton out to dry.

@2690518

Exactly and this is even worse.... a 14 year old girl and a pervert....and nothing was done about it.

I suppose soon we'll hear that the girl shouldn't have been so pretty and that she asked for it.

@2690523

Exactly.....this is how low the Republican party has sank..... guess if Trump got away with it, the rest of them can too.

@2690526

I didn't like what Clinton did, but he wasn't the only president that has done that sort of thing, but Clinton paid a heavy price for it....but this jerk in Alabama will probably get away with it, those types always do.

Painting with a broad brush...is an understatement.

The Judge should step aside immediately.

Dars avatar Dar Other +1Reply
@Dar Painting with a broad brush...is an understatement. The Judge should step aside immediately.

Whoa! Step aside? He's been accused - period. Is that all the dems have to do? Just make accusations a month before an election?

@Budwick Whoa! Step aside? He's been accused - period. Is that all the dems have to do? Just make accusations a month...

Come on bud. 4 women, some republican, with nothing...nothing to gain.
After that many years, no proof could be found, and the statute of limitations has long since run out.
The...#metoo thing is going to flush out a lot of people who have been protected by others fear and embarrassment.

Yes Budwick, he should step aside. It is especially disturbing when one of the accusers was a child at the time of the alleged incident.

Dars avatar Dar Other 0Reply

Only a few on the right have said those outrageous things, of course. As far as I know, anyway.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 They let you do anything! +1Reply

Ahh, we're issuing sentences prior to trials now?
PS - Pot calling kettle black, much?

@2690346

How about a 14 year old girl, being manipulated by a man in his 30's? Beginning with the ruse of "helping" her mother.
I dont care how long ago it was, poor character is just poor character.
And if it wasnt an issue, why would he deny it??

@2690452

I wont go into how i feel about all of what you said, at the moment. But maze...14 years old. That is a child. A man or woman in his/her 30's who would fondle and/or woo someone that young has a problem.

It wasnt illegal because men made those laws. I was 12 or 13 when i was messed with by a friend of my uncles in canada. He was probabIy in his late twenties. Never told anyone. I was ashamed, scared. But...i knew, there was nothing "normal" about it.
It is a piss poor position to put a child into.
HE should have been ashamed, but...wasnt. Im just glad i had the sense to not let it go very far.

@2690484

My battery is almost dead. But...i do not condone child molestation by any person of any gender, political leaning or wage braket.
And...i believe that story about a hillary sex tape as much as i do the story of a pizza parlor child sex ring:[

@2690555

I havent heard about force.

But.....the age of consent in alabama is and was 16. So..yes, it was child molestation.

@2690346

His wrongdoing is running as a republican.

Do you have proof he did anything.I just watched one of his so called victims.She had to read off a piece of paper to tell what he did to her.If it happened to me,it would be ingrained in my head.
I don't believe I would have to read it.