Who's going to be the next celebrity, politician, or entertainer to disgraced by his or her own sexual behavior?

PhilboydStudges avatar Politics
8 25

I think you can take your pick. It doesn't need to be true as long as it makes someone a buck or furthers someone's agenda.

@2690965

Senior moment. biggrin smilie 乂^◡^乂

@2690971

I get these moments and I'm only fifty six, no wait a minute thirty eight. 乂^◡^乂

Chuck Norris?
David Letterman?
The Pope?

Is it me?

Mitch McConnell? lol

@2690968

lol You nailed it!!!clap smilieclap smilie

I'm none of the bove, but I got some puzzy last night.

What's going to happen once they start going after musicians or bands?......

Don't know,But the woman seem to be coming out of the wood work 25 and 30 yrs.later.Did they all get together ?

Hopefully it's the congressmen who, over the past 15 years over $15,000,000 has been paid out (using taxpayer dollars) to settle complaints. Right now their names are 'protected' by their fellow congressmen's 'special rules' and every recipient of the taxpayer 'hush money' has to sign an NDA.

@Seonag Hopefully it's the congressmen who, over the past 15 years over $15,000,000 has been paid out (using taxpayer...

What?!? I never knew that before. Sounds like a bunch of BS. Or perhaps it's just our litigation-happy society that's to blame. Still though, why is this not a matter of public record?

@PhilboydStudge What?!? I never knew that before. Sounds like a bunch of BS. Or perhaps it's just our litigation-happy society...

Definitely not BS. And these are just in the US House of Representatives between 1997 and 2016 and involve some 260 cases. And guess what, non-employees - i.e. interns and volunteers who work on Capitol Hill are not covered by the bill that allows this to go on. And the 1st thing that happens if a person files a complaint, they MUST receive 30 days mandatory counseling (but not the congressman accused). And all of this is just while in office, not for actions prior to being elected (Al Franken as an example). Google it - but here is just one of many links:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/p...ent/index.html

@Seonag Definitely not BS. And these are just in the US House of Representatives between 1997 and 2016 and involve some 260...

Seonag, I meant it sounds like BS in our Congress. I totally believed your comment. Sorry for the miscommunication. pce smilie

@PhilboydStudge Seonag, I meant it sounds like BS in our Congress. I totally believed your comment. Sorry for the...

Thank you! What really gets me is the double standard these elected officials have, regardless of political party.

Sadly, I suspect this type of thing (double standard, lies, cover-ups all to protect themselves) has been going on since the first congress sat in NYC in 1789! It's just that we now have the internet to get the news out rather than relying on those with a political bent.

@Seonag Thank you! What really gets me is the double standard these elected officials have, regardless of political party...

I wonder how many are sweating it out now. I hope they release the information on the settlements that cost us $17 million.

@2693059

Will: This behavior has been going on forever, but society as a whole ignored it or said "boys will be boys." That was definitely the attitude back in the 50s through the first part of the 80s, when I was growing up and a young adult. BUT, like everything else in society, attitudes have evolved and changed. I am at a loss on whether to judge someone for actions 30-40-50 years ago (or even earlier) by today's standards or the standards in place at the time. THAT is where we seem to run into problems today.