VicZincs avatar Law
4 36

If they are not citizens, and committed a felony, out they go. Some foreign nationals DO join the military to stay in this country LEGALLY, and serve admirably with no future problems. I don't have a problem with those guys. They have paid their dues in my book.

What Vic is NOT telling anyone here, is that there are some foreign nationals who join our military to get training, to use against us, to commit crimes while in the military, or to get out and use those new skills for criminal purposes. Some only want the training to become more valuable to gangs. Some just go through the training and then do what they need to do to get kicked out. Some return to their own countries to teach them our combat tactics. (Not just Mexico, but Iran, Iraq, Syria and other countries.

Note that the crimes are felonies, not running a stop sign.

Of course not. A trip through the military , should buy a person permanent citizenship.

You are asking the question as if they are not citizens. Is that your intent?

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor No - they paid their debt +4Reply

What does the US do exactly with vets that have served and cant work in the army anymore for one reason or another? (honorable discharge) What career options do they have? I'm asking because from here it looks like they're just thrown out like a empty soda can. If they haven't already figured out what to do with their lives without the army what happens to them? It almost seems like some of them become felons out of desperation.

@Sunny_the_skeptic What does the US do exactly with vets that have served and cant work in the army anymore for one reason or another?...

It depends on the nature of why they were "forced" out. In some cases, I have known soldiers who ended up losing a limb in combat and they were given a choice of "medical retirement" with disability pay for life or a choice to remain in the military in a different job, such as an instructor. The disability pay is based on the severity of you injury. If you have a knee problem, it will be different than paralysis of your legs. If you have PTSD, it's based on the level of PTSD. These soldiers have access to the VA as well. (Not that the VA is all that great)
I've never known a disabled Vet who became a felon because of injuries on the battlefield. I've known Vets who became felons for selling drugs or living a life of crime, but you can't blame everything on the military.
There are also many companies that have programs for hiring disabled Vets.
(BTW) When you see a guy on a street corner with a sign saying "Disabled Vet", need help, it's often about as credible as watching the mainstream media.

@JustJimColo It depends on the nature of why they were "forced" out. In some cases, I have known soldiers who ended up losing a...

Thanks for the clear up Jim, so often I see in movies jobless marines who for some reason were discharged from the army and are struggling what to do with themselves. Are there situations where they remove you without having disabilities and without doing anything bad?

@Sunny_the_skeptic Thanks for the clear up Jim, so often I see in movies jobless marines who for some reason were discharged from the...

There are many reasons people are removed from the military for reasons other than disabilities.
Failure to meet height/weight standards.
Failure to pass a physical fitness test multiple times.
Failure to meet academic standards for your job. (Yes, there are tests throughout a persons career to insure competency)
Failure to get promoted because of continued low job performance based an annual evaluation.
Failure to be able to maintain eligibility for a security clearance (If your job requires one) due to criminal actions, i.e. DUI, mishandling of classified information, domestic assault or violence etc.
Criminal record gained while on active duty. i.e. theft, shoplifting, drug use, etc. (Not things like speeding tickets)

The military demands a standard of conduct and duty performance. Some standards are like any other civilian job and some are stricter.

@JustJimColo 30 years.... and still work for the Department of the Army.

Damn Jim, you didn't tell me you were a soldier, at your age you must have been in service during the Vietnam war, the only thing I can picture is a chopper soaring with fortunate son in the background biggrin smilie

@Sunny_the_skeptic Damn Jim, you didn't tell me you were a soldier, at your age you must have been in service during the Vietnam war...

Yeah, I'm one of the old ones. Enlisted in Jan 72 as an infantryman. (I did not go to Viet Nam though. Half of my Advanced Infantry Training company did though. I was too young, only 17) Over the years, I did end up pulling a number of combat tours in other countries though. I never thought I had it as bad as those who served as a grunts in Nam though.

@JustJimColo Yeah, I'm one of the old ones. Enlisted in Jan 72 as an infantryman. (I did not go to Viet Nam though. Half of my...

Yeah I did a little search up and by my accounts I figured that you were catching the very last years of the conflict. I'm glad you retired alive and well from the army,

@Sunny_the_skeptic Yeah I did a little search up and by my accounts I figured that you were catching the very last years of the...

Me too. LOL
While the war officially ended in 75, for the most part, they quit sending troops in 73. I got my orders for Viet Nam when I turned 18, in Jan 73, but a few weeks later they were revoked and I stayed in Germany. Being young, stupid and a grunt, I'd volunteered.
There are a couple of "studs" on this site who did serve in Viet Nam.

@JustJimColo Me too. LOL While the war officially ended in 75, for the most part, they quit sending troops in 73. I got my...

You were young and patriotic, it's understandable why you'd jump right back in the fray. Can't imagine an actual battlefield, it's so easy in video games where you're not the one getting shot.

@Sunny_the_skeptic You were young and patriotic, it's understandable why you'd jump right back in the fray. Can't imagine an actual...

LOL... We all had our reasons.
I had one brother in Nam in 68-69, another in Korea in 68-69. My Dad and all his brothers were in WWII. My oldest son is in. It's just something some families do.

Maybe they could come up with an interactive video game where you have to put stick-on wires to various parts of your body that would shock you like a taser to simulate getting hit. That would be fun to watch. In some training I've been through, they have knives that have a blunt edge but the edge is actually a taser, so it feels like you are getting cut. Interesting training.

@JustJimColo LOL... We all had our reasons. I had one brother in Nam in 68-69, another in Korea in 68-69. My Dad and all his...

That's almost a reality Jim, VR is getting more and more advanced, Im sure they will put it to use in combat training if it isn't being used already. For now at least I'm playing this super awesome game that is as real as you can get and have fun too, it's called Ghost Recon Wildlands. I really like it because it's really hard to remain undetected, suppressors don't magically make your gun silent, as well as you have to calculate how much to compensate your shot with a sniper rifle depending on the distance and so on.

@Sunny_the_skeptic That's almost a reality Jim, VR is getting more and more advanced, Im sure they will put it to use in combat...

They are already using it in training. The last training I did like that was with a private company that contracts out to certain elements in the military and military civilians. Some courses are available to other civilians as well. It's CRI out of Las Vegas. Check it out. <s> http://critraining.com/

We have used indoor simulator ranges for a lot of years for rifle practice. Those are still fun.

@2691129

They are both. Kids raised here, joined the armed forces not citizens.

Not sure where you are going with this one Viczinc? Need a little more back ground. if you are suggesting that if you commit a crime you should be kick out of the country then no. if your saying because they are veterans that they have already committed crime and the one they did jail time for is like a third strike then I still have to say no as long as they are U.S.citizens and did their time then they should be allowed to get on with their lives. Like I said not sure where you going with this one?

They were Dreamers. Got booted from the country for being felons. See linkm

Oops! What do you know? Vic posted a story without all the relevant facts!

Is that the only way you can sell your ideas Vic?

@Budwick Oops! What do you know? Vic posted a story without all the relevant facts! Is that the only way you can sell...

"All" relevant facts? What is relevant to you might not be relevant to me.

There's a link that covers pretty much everything I know about this story.

@VicZinc "All" relevant facts? What is relevant to you might not be relevant to me. There's a link that covers pretty much...

I see. Were you aware that these men entered the country illegally? And maybe that had something to do with them being deported? How could that possibly be irrelevant?

Face it Vic - you have an agenda and once again you've purposely tried to deceive the good people of Amirite. Shame on you!

@Budwick I see. Were you aware that these men entered the country illegally? And maybe that had something to do with...

It was clearly stated in the link I provided. What is your problem?

It is a simple question, and as usual you did not answer it. Is that because the answer in your heart makes you hate yourself? WWJD?

@VicZinc It was clearly stated in the link I provided. What is your problem? It is a simple question, and as usual...

Jesus would smack you upside the head and tell you firmly to stop being deceitful! YOUR headline, YOUR explanation does NOT include the FACT that these men had entered the country illegally. Your intent is clearly to misdirect.

@VicZinc And yours is to troll me and avoid answering the question.

I DID respond to your questions.
Both of them.
1) What is your problem?

Answer - " YOUR headline, YOUR explanation does NOT include the FACT that these men had entered the country illegally. Your intent is clearly to misdirect."

2) WWJD?
Answer - Jesus would smack you upside the head and tell you firmly to stop being deceitful!

Maybe you just don't read so good!

Id rather our country help out our vets than the dead beats that we are bringing in here...and the dead beats that are already here

RECRUITs avatar RECRUIT No - they are vets 0Reply