Dars avatar Countries & Places
7 26
@2691242

We have the coolest money!

When I first moved to Texas I was always checking and double checking the bills I pulled out of my wallet. That is what happens when you are used to colorful bills.

@2691253

Then again...silly Americans still use pennies. ~)

@Dar Then again...silly Americans still use pennies. ~)

I love y'alls currency. Beautiful.
Yes we dont want to round up:[.
I think about self serve gas pumps that arent prepay...we have many up here like that.
I wish to pump $20. It goes so swiftly that it wont stop exactly at $20, goes to $20.02. How many millions of people do that, daily? That certainly seems as though it would add up.
I know that has nothing to do with your post...just got me thinking about stray cents.

@Carla I love y'alls currency. Beautiful. Yes we dont want to round up:[. I think about self serve gas pumps that arent...

I hear ya Carla. When I came home it was actually weird to get used to rounding off. Signs still say 9.95 or 2.29...and we all know it ain't.

pennies jesh I never use cash so never see one.A Debit card makes it all easier.

Royal Mint take note!Could be very handy in the dark.

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales Canadians are awesome and smart +2Reply
@ThePrinceofWales Royal Mint take note!Could be very handy in the dark.

Indeed...wouldn't want to mistake a Loonie for Toonie at Timmy's.

Canadians are nice people. This Northern Lights Coin is totally cool!

@Dar Yes we are! And yes it is. ~)

My daughter is in Toronto studying. I've asked for one of these for Christmas. She said she was unaware of them, agreed that it's cool and will try to find some.

@Budwick My daughter is in Toronto studying. I've asked for one of these for Christmas. She said she was unaware of them...

The Canadian Mint website has them now...and can often be purchase at Canada Post outlets.

Considering the currency exchange, you might want to order some yourself.

My oldest daughter spent a year in Toronto...she loved it!

@Dar The Canadian Mint website has them now...and can often be purchase at Canada Post outlets. Considering the...

I wasn't able to find on Canadian Post, but I did check out Royal Canadian Mint and ordered one for Mrs. Budwick. It looks a little different than the one you posted. For starters, the one I ordered is a $10 coin, solid silver. Obviously not intended for circulation.

You guys have LOTS of cool looking coins. This one WAS at the Canadian Post - now that is just cool as hell!

@2691927

LoL! Finding a handful of change in a Canadians couch vs an Americans couch...priceless! The difference between a steak dinner or McDonalds! lol

Sure would making finding my change at 3am a little more easier hehe smilie

I am not sure why it ia a good idea. Canadian coins are a real pain in the butt for people in Maine, they won't work in machines and if you put them into a roll of cins the bank will discount them. Canadians us your credit cards when you leave your country-- Please

Now drunks in low lit bars, wont fight over if it really was head or tails..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Canadians are awesome and smart -1Reply
@DandyDon Now drunks in low lit bars, wont fight over if it really was head or...

I'm sure that was a serious considering in making these coins. LoL

Please login or signup to leave a comment.