Sexual misconduct. When men behave badly, it's the crime of the century. When women do it, it's a joke. How come?

Hundreds of celebrity women are coming forward because a man looked at them 40 years ago. But these same types of celebrity women giggle when lesbian Ellen gawks ogles, and touches. Why? Is there a difference?

Image for post Sexual misconduct. When men behave badly, it's the crime of the century. When women do it, it's a joke. How come?
Hunkies avatar
1 111
@2691499

No more than the media is "distorting" some of these cases.

Actually, Ms DeGeneres got quite a bit of backlash and criticism for 'tweeting' that photo.
As far as I know though, no man has been publicly crucified for simply looking at or "ogling" a woman, unless he was doing it through a peephole or window in a supposedly 'private' place.

@2691604

Who knows, Katey Perry might make an allegation years later like the current ones surfacing up.

@2691529

I'm pretty sure simply "gawking" is not a criminal offense, or even something people usually make a big deal about.

Unless you happen to be the "gawkers" spouse or supposedly committed significant other, of course. ;)

@2691529

As far as I know, no one has been arrested for just looking....

@2691599

That's the point. When Ellen does it, it's a "joke".

@2691529

You know what's the point here, a man ogling Katy Perry's massive boobs=not ok, Ellen who's also sexually attracted to women doing the same = it's ok. It does seem like a double standard.

@Sunny_the_skeptic You know what's the point here, a man ogling Katy Perry's massive boobs=not ok, Ellen who's also sexually attracted...

It is a double standard, and the fact that Ellen is a staunch vocal defender against misogyny, sexism, and objectifying women.

@2691624

Always woman bashing, aren't you, Gronk?

@2692569

"Open mind", and you, don't belong in the same sentence. There has been nothing uttered by you, that isn't biased conservative.

Oh now abortion has been thrown into the mix?

I hate to have to correct you, (again!), but if you don't have affordable birth control for women, you WILL have more abortions.

@2692940

LMAO!!

Aw,...are you really 'paying' for other's sex lives? Another gross exaggeration.

First of all, I have no pink hat. And I don't think that is why they took to the streets. Something more along the lines of electing a fat orange slob that goes around bragging about grabbing women's genitals.

Condoms, (when even used) are not as effective in preventing pregnancies than The Pill.

@2693396

Keep right on spinning. Trump needs all the spin he can get.

Trump bragged about grabbing a woman's genitals because being a celebrity, (yeah, right) he could get away with it. He was sure mouthing down those Tic Tacs.

Orange, black, white, he has to be the most repulsive looking man around. His hair is a bad joke, he is grossly overweight and out of shape, he's got luggage bags under his eyes, made only worse by the white concealer he wears, he can't dress worth a shit, and oh yes, his hands are creepily small.

All of it goes to show that all the money in the world, can't buy taste, or class.

Condoms are in the seventy percent effective range, while The Pill is 97% effective.

@2693850

YOU respected President Obama? I find that really hard to believe. But without SH to go back on, I can't prove it.

But let me ask you, where has Obama given you a reason to not respect him? Did he bash any particular race, did he show disrespect for women?

Did he take to 'Twitter' to put down women's looks,attack his opponents attack the NFL, and college basketball players?

Even when called a liar during his speech, did Obama yell back? What do you think Trump would have done, if called a liar? I can tell you; he would have lashed back like a 12 year old.

If Trump doesn't want to be despised, then he needs to stop acting despicable.

@2695125

I was reading this conversation with amused interest. I noticed that you did not mention another example of him playing the race card. That was the Trayvon Martin incident where he was beating a buy to death by pounding his head against concrete but the victim shot Trayvon in self defense. And Obama said that if he had a son he would look like Trayvon.

I don't know why my post got positioned where it did, because I posted my reply immediately following one of your posts which referred to Obama playing the race card and holding a beer summit after the laughable Cambridge "misunderstanding".

@2695125

He quickly took back that statement, and didn't elaborate on it.

Of course HE has been a victim of racism! And as the first African American president he has the right and even duty, to say so. He didn't harp on it.

He was a very cautious speaker on every topic, and he especially did not want to fan the fires of Muslim hatred in this country.

Um... it took that tragedy (Sandy Hook) as the last straw for the president. He had already been to more funerals then he wanted to remember. It should have been the last straw for all of us, but you gun loving nuts had to make it about the second amendment, and not the victims.

@2697161

He never "played the race card", and you know it. Instead, many rednecks played it with him and his lovely wife.

He carefully had to tow the line, so much in fact, that it angered some black Americans who did not think he did enough for them. Damed if he does, and damned, if he doesn't.

When Obama constructed the ACA, he did so for all of poor Americans, not just the black ones.

He appointed more women judges than any president before him.

While he may have made some moves overseas that I didn't agree with, he accomplished some great things within this country.

AND, HE got us out of a recession. Not the 'thing' that is taking credit for it now.

Al Sharpton, and Jackson ceased being relevant a long time ago. Stop living in the past.

@2697904

How did he use the "race card", Gronk? Go ahead and make a list,I'll wait.

Oh shit, the Cambridge thing again? LMAO! That is all you have. He quickly walked that back, and learned from his mistake, unlike the ass we have in there now.

I doubt she is going to be the 2020 candidate. Too bad Trump had to use an honoring of the WWII Navajo veterans to take a humorless swipe. But then again, he never did have any class.

@2699841

I didn't think you could list one damn thing.

Now we are on to a welfare recipient buying booze and cigarettes? How the hell does that tie into Obama using the 'race card'?

I understand, when all else fails, change the the subject.

Just keep on tap dancing and maybe nobody will notice.

@2702567

"Trayvon could have been my son"?? is using the race card?!! He waited a whole damn week to say anything, because he knew how it would be twisted! And then when he finally does say something, you paranoid right wingers pounce, and prove him right.

No, there is no confusion, Gronk. Trump, who has never supported any blue collar effort in his life, managed to fool some gullible and desperate people into thinking he was their savior.

Trump has been in the public eye for over forty years, and his history plainly shows who he roots for. The very very rich.

Wearing a pink hat? Really, Gronk? You think the women's march was all about wearing a pink hat. Sad.

@2703726

Living like Queens and Kings? Only because they have earned the money to do so, Gronk. Hillary did not come from money but she has rightfully earned the money she receives.

On 400,000 a year, one hardly becomes wealthy. If Obama or Hillary wanted to become wealthy they would have chosen the private sector and not entered the world of public servant.

And we have YET to see any evidence of any donations of that man's salary going to charities.

There was noting self made about Trump. He came from wealth, and even after FOUR huge bankruptcies he convinces people to lend him money.

He knows how to market his name,...period.

@2704740

They were comfortable, Gronk, not wealthy.

You can rehash Bill Clinton's presidency all you want, but he is past history. In other words he has moved on. Don't you think you should?

But you can't for every time Trump gets into political hot water, the conservatives pull out the Clinton or Obama card.

Yeah, the only thing being, is he IS NOT running the country better. In fact, he is running it into the ground.

LOL! I seriously doubt that any of Trump's three wives know him,..at all.

@2705702

I don't care what he came out for when he was a private citizen. The fact that he is appointing anti-gay rights judges tells me where he stands.

I don't get my news online, so right there goes your argument. I read newspapers, and I have a subscription to five of them, and yes, two are very conservative. I occasionally watch CNN, PBS, and on rare occasions, Fox.

@2706581

Proves my point that he flip flops. He was a liberal Democrat in the past and now he is an conservative bully.

@2692940

They say it's their body ,when they have an abortion.So why don't they abort themselves.Instead of that innocent baby they don't know?

@2692569

BRAVO! Great comment.

@2691624

Mostly on social media, although I did hear the picture and incident being discussed on some TV shows, as well.

No, I do not know that damn well, Ms Gronk.

@2691629

Haha! Oh good grief. I know all kinds of women who choose to use that 'title', when they choose to use one. Most of them of either are or have been married. Some of them are widows.

Heads up....your daughter and and her friends assumption, is less incorrect than yours. smirk smilie

@2691629

They're not "Misses"...they're not "Miss"...they must be a near miss. hehe smilie

Last time I checked, the main problem isn't about which gender is the victim or the creep. This is about harassment of a superior in their line of work. And there's at least two men who came up to talk about them being harassed. I'm pretty sure there's not more men talking about it, not because of "women can stare at men and that's not harassment", but because of the shame-the-victim mentality that exists. The idea is that men that are harassed are weak and they shouldn't be complaining, because apparently all men can think about is sex and they should be happy to get any of it. Simply putting, that's bullshit.

When people stop ignoring how serious this is, or stop shaming or blaming the victims, male or female, or stop trying to make the situation about something else, diverting from the real problem, the victims of harassment might start feeling safe enough to talk about it, no matter the gender. Until then, we won't be seeing a real picture of what is going on.

@2691787

I see nothing wrong with using a liberal feminist hypocrite to illustrate my point.

@2691952

Her "type" is. The type that thinks if a woman does it, it's not serious. It's just a joke.
Ellen would be the first to be in line to join a firing squad for Trump or Weinstein.

@2691955

Is that not Ellen, that women's champion against misogyny, sexism, and objectifying women...is that not Ellen in the photo? Answer: yes. There's your evidence.

@2691959

Three "WOMEN" goofing around. Exactly....a "joke". But Trump wasn't goofing around with his locker room talk, was he? Keep making my point .
context LMAO!!!!!!!!!

@Hunkie Three "WOMEN" goofing around. Exactly....a "joke". But Trump wasn't goofing around with his locker room talk...

Trump talked about being able to grab women's private parts, and "moving on a woman like a bitch". I'm sure most everyone knows that.

Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.

He was too, with a new and pregnant wife at home, when that undeniably disgusting supposed "locker room" talk came to light.

I don't know about you, but I've never been okay with hearing anyone expressing such 'sentiments'.

What that has to do "gawking" , I do not know. It is never 'okay' for anyone to act on their sense of entitlement to touch someone else in a "sexual" way, uninvited. Do you disagree?
I'm sure if the person you chose to highlight in your post is ever accused of doing that, she will experience the same kind of public lynching.

@Piper2 Trump talked about being able to grab women's private parts, and "moving on a woman like a bitch". I'm sure...

Trump talked.. but...but....but.. Trump LIES. He lies about EVERYTHING!! Everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. That's what the majority of Democrats and liberals have been saying for a year, and you support the charge with your up votes. So by the liberal's own admission, what Trump "said" was just a bunch of lies and blowhard bullshit.
Or maybe he wasn't lying this time, which would mean he doesn't lie "all the time", and YOU'RE all lying.
Which is it?

@Hunkie Trump talked.. but...but....but.. Trump LIES. He lies about EVERYTHING!! Everything that comes out of his mouth...

True, he does take liberties with the truth quite a bit.
I didn't say anything about him actually doing what he talked about, did I? I said I found his words disgusting, and would if anyone talked that way.

I do agree, that women sometimes get more of a 'pass' for speaking crudely. Comedians in general often get somewhat excused for that. I do not, however, remember a man being barraged with outrage for simply 'gawking' at an adult women's breasts.

@Piper2 True, he does take liberties with the truth quite a bit. I didn't say anything about him actually...

I agree...Trump IS...uhh.... what's that word you used? Ah, yes..."disgusting". He needs to turn down his disgusting rhetoric and take lessons from these lovely, evolved ladies of the left.
I know, I know.. The devil (Trump) made them do it.

@Hunkie I agree...Trump IS...uhh.... what's that word you used? Ah, yes..."disgusting". He needs to turn down his...

I said I found his words disgusting. I am not in agreement with what many on both the 'left' and 'right' say or do.

@Piper2 I said I found his words disgusting. I am not in agreement with what many on both the 'left' and 'right'...

I know what you said, and I said he needs to tone down his disgusting "rhetoric". Why the admonishment?

@Hunkie I know what you said, and I said he needs to tone down his disgusting "rhetoric". Why the...

WHAT "admonishment"? Flip Wilson is very funny...thanks for sharing the clip!

There is no clear cut definition of what constitutes appropriate or inappropriate behavior when it comes to "looking". Sometimes, it's just interpreted as inappropriate if the person who is "looking", isn't the one the woman who spent the time and effort to look good for, and wasn't the one she was trying to attract.
Just because you put a fat juicy worm on the hook to catch a nice bass, doen't guarantee you won't attract a carp instead.

Whether it is misconduct or not is determined by the person being objectified. That makes it a dangerous game to play, especially if you have money and power. Plus, just because it is accepted by them today as fun and games, doesn't mean it won't be used against you 10-20 years from now.

@Will_Janitor Whether it is misconduct or not is determined by the person being objectified. That makes it a dangerous game to...

Especially when, in 10 - 20 years the media tells you that you that you were "assaulted". You just didn't know it.

@2691732

I don't know if there will be a next question. This one was pulled because I was "trolling and trying to cause trouble". Said he "doesn't like doing it, but "this one needed to be pulled". I guess someone's little 'cyber squeeze' was offended and he pulled it for her. Who knows?.
Darkest Serenity restored it. Thanks to her smile smilie

@2692290

Thanks. You are the fourth person to tell me that. I will.

@2691622

"It's okay for liberals"?? LMAO!!

Democrats
Clinton was impeached
Spritzer lost his career
Weiner is prison bound
Weinstein will be following,
Spacey is in legal hot water
Cosby's career is over

Republicans
Trump was elected
And Moore is going to Washington

See, our side punishes, while your side elects them.

@2692186

I think we have settled that one on another post, one accuser at a time.

And as I told you, I did not vote for Clinton.

And as I have stated, if you get rid of affordable birth control, you can count on the abortion numbers going up.

Now which is it?

@2692945

You want to pin everything on a condom, that is nowhere near as effective as The Pill? LOL! Go ahead with that one.

As I recall, the conservatives want to do away with Planned Parenthood, as well. Care to explain that one?

Sorry, but wanting to do away with the ACA, along with de-funding Planned Parenthood is an old conservative trick. And one that stinks to high heaven.

@2693398

"Our hard earned money"? Shit. Hate to tell you, Gronk, but Planned Parenthood's abortions are not funded by your taxes. It is through donors, and even with that, The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation won't fund abortion. Other foundations do.

So next time, do a little research before you spout off.

@2693845

No, it doesn't.

Planned Parent Hood gets their federal funding from a government program called Title X, that provides money for GYN services, and supplemental birth control. It does not provide funds for abortions. As I have said, private donations provide the funds for that service. Richard Nixon amended Title X in 1970, and it had wide bipartisan support.

the Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion except to save the life of the woman. Cinton expanded the law in 93 to include cases of rape and incest.

So once again, do your homework.

@2695707

Gronk, stop trying to tell any of us what PP is, and what it can provide. As if it was available to only YOU. LMAO!

Oh shit, you wanna tell me how health care has gone down the tubes? Everyone had better plans in the eighties and most of the nineties. I was covered under my mother's plan from her workplace in the eighties, and it was great.

I didn't say that PP did not provide abortions, I said the government does not cover the funds for that procedure.

And nothing about the Hyde Amendment, I see.

Gronk, do us all a favor, and educate yourself.

@2696190

Bullshit! I have friends who go there for examinations, and birth control. Stop action like nobody had ever been to that clinic. I know exactly what they provide. And yes, abortion is one of the services, but it makes up for just 1% of what they offer.

This kills me. You are spreading a lie that anyone can debunk.

Un huh, funny how Conway, and Trump were equally as shocked, when he won. So shocked, that they were ill prepared when he came to the office. AND, still are.

I have a hatred for the man because he acts like a despicable punk, who promises his gullible nitwit supporters the moon, and has no problem with putting women, and minorities down, while steering clear of "powerful" dictators.

@2697167

So now we are changing the topic, because you are losing your case? Typical.

It all boils down to his Supreme Court picks.

Whether you want to pay for other's birth control is irrelevant. I would suggest you pay for that, (scant amount) rather than see the abortion numbers go up.

Ellen Degeneres, that great women's champion against misogyny and sexism.

I find her antics to be offensive.

This post is about men and women in general, amid the recent sexual misconduct allegations, not Ellen. Ellen was clearly just an example used in the explanation. Of course, the rad-fems and sissies are focusing on Ellen and this particular photo. no smilie