+20

I wish the news stations would do follow ups to close stories they make a big deal about on a daily basis.

How did things end up with the "Deep water oil leak", the Mexico earthquake, the California fires, the Houston hurricane, the Puerto Rican hurricane, etc..?
They make these huge stories for a few days and then never seem to follow up with how things have progressed. It's like as soon as the bodies are counted there is no more news to print.

Image for post I wish the news stations would do follow ups to close stories they make a big deal about on a daily basis.
Will_Janitors avatar News & Current Events
10 23

I agree. Most of us care about more than just the shocking daily headlines.

You know the old journalism saying.. If it bleeds, it leads.

Hurricanes.. debris flying.. people being rescued from their rooftops. That sells. People trying to get their lives back together months after the hurricane.. not so much. It might be our own fault.

Ive seen reports on on puerto rico. Still 40% without power 20% without water. Have been given a bit more than 10% of the funds florida has gotten, less than that compared to texas.
150 thousand residents have moved to the mainland.
As for texas and florida, the earthquake, ive heard nothing.
The fires in california, i heard that a road flare started it.

Shock news...
I think we are underestimated regarding our attention span.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

I hate when there's no followup to missing girls stories...it fills my head with anger and fear

@TomboyJanet I hate when there's no followup to missing girls stories...it fills my head with anger and fear

I don't get angry over it, but I'm definitely frustrated and disappointed and I can understand your sense of fear for the victims - I, too, am bothered by it a great deal.

@PartyOfOne I don't get angry over it, but I'm definitely frustrated and disappointed and I can understand your sense of fear...

I get angry because If I met the ones who caused it, there would be so little of them left that no one could identify them ever again

@TomboyJanet I get angry because If I met the ones who caused it, there would be so little of them left that no one could...

I can identify with that feeling, easily. I'm very much for the safety and general well-being of females - innocent parties in general - but more so for those who are easily vulnerable. If you read the upper part of my profile, it'll give you an idea where my head's at with the issue :)

I agree. When watching the news I will make a note of a story I'm interested in the research it later.

@2692456

Paywalls??

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Paywalls??

When you have to pay for the information that they give you a teaser for. Usually used in medical papers and shit. Seems everyone uses them now and the most interesting revelation about this is.........

You can read the rest of this post by sending me $50 on paypal :)

@2692517

Huh.
Fewer people buying the paper.

You would think the advertising would cover the cost of operation.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply