+5

Alright, peoples. There was discussion about roy moore a day or two ago. Many here were still giving this fellow the benefit of the doubt. Since the new allegations and revelations, has anyone changed their mind?

Carlas avatar Language
11 76
@2692610

So, right.
If, only

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Still waiting here.... like I usually do, until the facts (not allegations) are all in and he is tried. Is he guilty? I don't know. Neither does anyone else here. Some say he isn't some say he is and some hope he is.

@JustJimColo Still waiting here.... like I usually do, until the facts (not allegations) are all in and he is tried. Is he...

Just what "facts" are you waiting for, Jim? Pictures, reports from a gynecologist, or therapist? His confession?

What would it take to convince you? 31 sources instead of 30? Seven women, instead of six?

@dru18 Just what "facts" are you waiting for, Jim? Pictures, reports from a gynecologist, or therapist? His...

You demanded no less when it came to accusations about Bill, or later Hillary's activities.

@dru18 How do you know what I supposedly "demanded"?

I remember your comments from SH...<s> That's how we got to know each other... and learned how to agree to disagree.... :)

I don't like the fact that accusations alone can torpedo a person's chances of being elected.

That being said, I heard parts of the interview he had with Sean Hannity. Hannity seemed to be trying to help Moore clear his name, but Moore's responses were weak.

HANNITY: At that time in your life, let me ask you this you do remember these girls would it be unusual for you as a 32-year-old guy to have dated a woman as young as 17? That would be a 15 year difference or a girl 18. Do you remember dating girls that young at that time?

MOORE: Not generally, no. If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that.

If Moore would have responded the way 99% of us would have, that he never dated any woman that young when he was in my 30s.. that he simply would never do that because it is wrong.. I would have sympathy for him.

@PhilboydStudge I don't like the fact that accusations alone can torpedo a person's chances of being elected. That being said, I...

A flat denial.
I think there is too many that can point to him.
Funny...the amnesia politicians seem to suffer from.
Politics must be traumatic...

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@Carla A flat denial. I think there is too many that can point to him. Funny...the amnesia politicians seem to suffer...

It's almost comical when you look at it Carla. The politicians (On all sides), ALL seem to have amnesia when questioned about incidents or behavior, but they have no problems with their memories when they write their "tell all" books.

@JustJimColo It's almost comical when you look at it Carla. The politicians (On all sides), ALL seem to have amnesia when...

Thats right. Selective memory.
Doesnt matter ones politics, put a bit of power in certain peoples hands, and they feel as though they can do anything. Like grab women by the p***y. Cause you're a star:(. Or feel okay about jerking off into a plant, with a strange women watching. Or drug and rape them. Or just say crude sexual things. It is all, very creepy.
I am loving these women and men that are speaking out. Maybe the culture is finally changing.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Thats right. Selective memory. Doesnt matter ones politics, put a bit of power in certain peoples hands, and they...

One thing I'd like to see happen with allegations of rape, is for the person making the claim, to take a polygraph. You know how much I hate sexual predators, but something I hate even more, are those who make accusations that are false. (I'm not talking about Moore or the women accusing him) How many times have we read about big cases where a woman yelled rape and later, the proof came out that there wasn't any rape. Meanwhile, a persons reputation, career and future, are ruined. Nothing happens to the person who lied. Sometimes this is just done as an extortion scheme. It would be a nice world, if we could take everyone at their word Carla, but sadly, we know we don't live in that kind of world.

@JustJimColo One thing I'd like to see happen with allegations of rape, is for the person making the claim, to take a...

Oh...you're right. There are people who have abused the system. But they are far fewer than the ones who have had horrible experiences. Many that never say a word.

I would have difficulty seeing a victim of rape or abuse put through a polygraph. It is difficult enough for them to come forward as it is. Many for fear of not being believed.
How long did it take for the law to recognize that a husband can indeed rape his wife?
College and universities that keep rape quiet, to protect athletes and people of privilege?
How many men, and women, for that matter, truly think that women "ask for it". I know you have met people like that. I certainly have.
I reckon that is what a judge and jury is for.
I hope this trend of people speaking out will make those that abuse and harrass, think twice. And encourage more people who are dealing with it to come forward. Not looking for money, but to stop other people from suffering through the same ordeal. Before time limitations eliminate the process.

And i know the world is full of liars and cheats, jim. I just hate that it is.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Oh...you're right. There are people who have abused the system. But they are far fewer than the ones who have had...

I don't think going through a poly is as bad as you think Carla. (I've been through many) It would be only 3 or 4 questions plus a few questions to establish a baseline, and in a comfortable, non-threatening setting. It's a double edged sword in some ways. You think some wouldn't want to go through it. I think that some women would want to go through it who are afraid they wouldn't be believed if they reported it. It would give validity to "opening" an investigation. It would also cut down on false accusations.

@JustJimColo I don't think going through a poly is as bad as you think Carla. (I've been through many) It would be only 3 or 4...

I dont know, jim.
I do know that there must be a good reason for deeming test results, not admissable.
How would it be for someone to have a legitimate case, and for some unexplainable, technological anomaly, they failed that test?
I dont believe people who are victims of muggings, stranger rape, stalking, etc., are required to take polygraphs. If those victims can identify their assailants, then they could be involved in a frame up, too.

And to throw a little female realism into the picture....
All areas arent created equal. I cant imagine the way that kind of allowed, even required, interrogation would go, in places where the rules are made by men.
You know where im going with that.....

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla I dont know, jim. I do know that there must be a good reason for deeming test results, not admissable. How would it...

The Supreme Court deemed polys are not admissible.... as decided by lower courts. (In some courts they are and some not)
There are ways to go through a poly to make the results inconclusive, but that is pretty rare when it's done by a "willing" subject.
I agree that doing a poly on most cases is not feasible. (There isn't enough time or qualified people to give polygraphs for that)I just see it as a tool that isn't being used as often as it could be. While I wouldn't want a poly to be accepted as conclusive evidence, I just see it as a tool to determine if further investigation is warranted. Did you know that people associated with the Department of Defense, including military, who are granted access to certain levels of classified information are ALL subject to a random poly?

As to the rules.... I'm open to women developing the kind of questions.... women administering the test to women, and even making the test voluntary, (with the understanding that the credibility of the accusation needs closer scrutiny if a poly is refused.)

With new evidence, it's impossible to support Moore any longer.

I must add however that the timing of all this is highly suspect. Moore's political career is ruined - he's toast. Statute of limitations prevents a trial so he will never be cleared or convicted. But, what of the accusations? If they're made up, untrue - THAT should be a crime too.

@Budwick With new evidence, it's impossible to support Moore any longer. I must add however that the timing of all this is...

It is.
Libel and slander.

People who are running for federal office are far more likely to be scrutinized. From what i have heard the wp just chased a story.

John edwards, gary hart. Stuff comes out when the press becomes interested.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla It is. Libel and slander. People who are running for federal office are far more likely to be scrutinized. From...

You are right Carla. The list is pretty long but it's a list you can look at and see who has real power. The ones NOT on the list of being excommunicated from politics after getting caught with their fingers in the cookie jar are the scary ones.

He couldn't deny dating minor girls when he was in his 30's .... that alone disqualifies him in my book. I believe he should step aside. If he truly wants to challenge the many allegations, he can work on clearing his name without the distraction of an election.

@JanHaskell He couldn't deny dating minor girls when he was in his 30's .... that alone disqualifies him in my book. I believe...

Jan, The whole thing of older guys dating young women has always been a bit creepy to me. On one hand, it's been made to look normal though by Hollywood and among the rich or powerful. (look at all the movies, especially from our generation where the leading man was in his 30's or 40's and the subject of his affections was 18.) It's almost "expected" that an "old" movie star (male or female) will have a young "partner". Look at all the teachers in recent years, (mostly women) who have had affairs with Jr High boys.
It's a disturbing world out there Jan.

@JustJimColo Jan, The whole thing of older guys dating young women has always been a bit creepy to me. On one hand, it's been...

It is, jim. But...18 is an adult. 14, 15, 16...not so much.

And the teacher thing really isnt mostly women. They are the ones that get the press. There have been 3 or 4 male teachers that have been nabbed around here over the last few years. Both messing with students and possessing and reposting child pornography.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla It is, jim. But...18 is an adult. 14, 15, 16...not so much. And the teacher thing really isnt mostly women. They...

Remember back when.... no... you can't.. you aren't old enough..<s> Back about 50 years ago, you heard of male teachers and female students now and then but I never heard of the situations reversed until probably 20 years ago. What has changed in the teacher student sexual relationships over the past couple decades (from what I've seen) is that today, these relationships are viewed by the adults as long term love relationships.

I know that 18 is not 14 or 15 but it's close enough to 17 that many don't see much difference. There are also movements out there that say there should be nothing wrong with sexual relationships between between adults and 16 year old kids. (This is in both the straight as well as the gay communities.)

Adults being involved with kids has always just made my skin crawl Carla.

@JustJimColo Remember back when.... no... you can't.. you aren't old enough..<s> Back about 50 years ago, you heard of male...

Yeah...no.
A 16 year old kid, is just that. Even if they dont think they are. I cannot fathom how a 30 something person could find any mental commonality with someone that young. You know it's all about the sexual aspect of the relationship. And usually, the young, usually female, gets replaced by a new model as soon as they loose that very youthful appearance.
Yes...crawling skin, even as we speak.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2692799

Yes, it is.
People are speaking out.
And if his warped followers vote him in, the senate is going to have him, rather speedily, removed.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Accusations and fact are two different things. And after hearing him in a live interview... I have to say on this one, my female intuition is leaning towards guilty.

I'm telling you there should be a bingo book about this.

@Carla Bingo book?

Yeah, a book of men who you think might be next. Like this.Image in content

@Sunny_the_skeptic Yeah, a book of men who you think might be next. Like this.

Put an x on trump. He had plenty come out to tell tails of his unwanted attention. He even kind of outed himself.

Bingo book. Great description.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

The Post story was well investigated. The women's words ring true, while his denials are pitiful.

However, I believe in letting the process work . Only the people of Alabama should decide, and I believe they will pleasantly surprise you.

I heard that this race generally pulls a small percentage of voters. This kind of controversy just might bring out a far higher percentage. And, i think you're right. Might be a nice surprise.
I think if moore stays in, which i think he will, it will cause enough republicans to do write in votes. That will split the numbers and maybe jones will end up with the win.
Im not sure the right will let that fly.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla I heard that this race generally pulls a small percentage of voters. This kind of controversy just might bring out...

The right may have no choice in this matter. If Moore gets elected, they face backlash in 18. If they interfere they will face backlash from Bannon and his freak show.

I am going to sit back, with popcorn, and enjoy.

If you're on Roy Moore's side you're gross, if you think he should still run for any form of office, you're absolutely horrible.

This guy is a pervert, child molester, and should be shown the door ASAP.
It's pretty bad when someone is banned/on the watch list at a Mall. Geez!

What's sad is the evangelicals, who are supposed to be so family oriented, good morals, continue to still support this guy. Wonder if it would be OK with them if he dated their 14 year old daughters? Pathetic.

@StarzAbove This guy is a pervert, child molester, and should be shown the door ASAP. It's pretty bad when someone is...

Hey, starzy baby:)

His supporters say if god has fogiven him, then as christians, they must. But its a far cry between forgiving and making him a lawmaker.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@StarzAbove I doubt any of them would be saying that if it was their 14 year old daughters.

Seems to be a small community, it very well may have been. How many have kept their secrets?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Seems to be a small community, it very well may have been. How many have kept their secrets?

More are coming out each day. It's pretty bad when a guy gets banned from a mall. He must have been very aggressive going after those little girls. Shame on him.

@Carla Shame on them all. Now it's franken.

I know, wonder how many women will come out against him? If Franken gets booted out of the Senate, then Trump needs to be booted out of the presidency.

@StarzAbove I know, wonder how many women will come out against him? If Franken gets booted out of the Senate, then Trump...

I dont know how that will play out. He apologized, apology was accepted. Still doesnt dismiss the fact that he did what he did.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla I dont know how that will play out. He apologized, apology was accepted. Still doesnt dismiss the fact that he did...

At least he admitted it and apologized, but what he did was tame to what Trump has done and Roy Moore has done. Many women have accused both of those guys, and only one so far for Franken. I just don't understand some men....

@2692857

Do you feel same way about bill cosby?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2692936

I appreciate your consistency, bo.
I missed that post, the poster had me blocked.
But three friends goofing off is a very far cry from creepy, lecherous behavior. By anyone.....anyone.
I will tell you, i am firmly opposed to any person taking sexual advantage in any way. Doesnt matter who that person is. And yes, that includes bill clinton. If his antics had been discovered before his wins, he would never made it into office.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2692956

I have no crystal ball, bo.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2693362

Good to see you thibault:)
Well spoken, as always.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2693049

Thanks, rev.
I appreciate your honesty.
Clown.....yes.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply