Trump Administration Reverses Ban On Import Of Elephant Trophies

Trophy hunting in the name of conservation, is the stated reason for this most recent development.

Image for post Trump Administration Reverses Ban On Import Of Elephant Trophies
Piper2s avatar Animals & Nature
8 38

He's only doing it because of his rich hunting pals. And because Obama put a ban on it. He's trying to undo everything Obama has done in the past. Pathetic.

@StarzAbove He's only doing it because of his rich hunting pals. And because Obama put a ban on it. He's trying to undo...

I doubt if he's thought about it much, really. He does seem to listen to supposed facts about issues very selectively, and just run with it if he likes how they say something. Maybe Safari Club International told him he is the greatest president in the history of the world....

@Piper2 I doubt if he's thought about it much, really. He does seem to listen to supposed facts about issues very...

His sons are big game hunters, and he is catering to them because the "poor little rich kids" didn't get to shoot any more elephants for their pleasure. Sickening.

@StarzAbove His sons are big game hunters, and he is catering to them because the "poor little rich kids" didn't get to shoot...

It is impossible not to wonder about that influence, in this very unfortunate decision. The NRA and powerful hunting advocacy groups are ecstatic over this ban reversal, of course.

You know how i feel about this.
So much good that was done, now being, undone.

Trophy hunting does nothing to help save endangered animals. It entertains, in a disturbing way, people with wealth.
Planet, be damned.

@Carla You know how i feel about this. So much good that was done, now being, undone. Trophy hunting does nothing to...

Now his sons can go shoot all the elephants they want.... and there's nothing we can do about it. Trump needs to go. Republicans need to wake up and get rid of this president, before he destroys everything we hold dear in life.

I think I do, yes.

It is and has been evident to me, that Trump and those he's chosen for his cabinet, do not consider environmental issues to be very important. The lives of individual animals OR a species, would certainly not be of any concern, I'm sure.

This condones elephant hunting.Just proves the man is an idiot.And he's coming here next year.Oh dear!

@2693317

One of many. Anything his sons want, he will give them. He doesn't care about the elephants or anything else, except his family and their wants.

@2693482

Evidently they are bowing to the American president. Money talks.

@2693317

One of them, seems to me.

@2694443

There is something very disturbing and sick to me, about those who derive pleasure out of the suffering and death of any living being.

This is not cool. I understand the rhetoric, about how it's supposed to ultimately help conserve wildlife - I just don't believe it. Trump is normally a good negotiator. I think he got snookered on this one and the wildlife will pay with their lives. I'm not happy with this decision - I can't even imagine how anyone could approve of such a thing.

@Budwick This is not cool. I understand the rhetoric, about how it's supposed to ultimately help conserve wildlife - I just...

I do not believe it, because I've read so many of what I consider credible sources that dispute the claim. A negligible amount of what these people who can buy a life pay, goes towards the conservation of the species.
Even IF it did, there has to be a better way, and it doesn't change the ethical aspect of people being able to buy a license to kill for a 'thrill'.

He did it so his two little psychopathic sons will be happy. The man is an abomination.

@dru18 He did it so his two little psychopathic sons will be happy. The man is an abomination...

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure he didn't do it to help either elephants OR the suffering people who live in either of the two countries.

@dru18 He got an enormous amount of backlash, and quickly retreated back under his rock.

I'm not sure just why he put this recent decision on hold. I'm just glad he did...
Trump never retreats back under his rock for long.

OHNO. That is absolutely wrong. If you kill an elephant you should have to kill your firstborn as a punishment.

@2694458

What have they done? Didn't you know? They have OBAMA supporting them, and that's enough for Trump.

They are only allowed to harvest the old and sick...to raise money to keep the the healthy population growing....kind of like how we do with people.

Why Trump would be so initially stupid, I'll never know...well, yes I do. It's not such a big surprise to those of us who have watched him for over 30 years.
...but as one liberal is complaining about his lifting the ban, another liberal is simultaneously complaining that he has reversed himself, leaving the ban in effect.
Seething liberal hatred of this man, because he crushed Hillary and her pussy power followers, is even MORE concerning to me than Trump's impulsive idiocy.

@FuzzyPeach Why Trump would be so initially stupid, I'll never know...well, yes I do. It's not such a big surprise to...

You have just implied that Trump is stupid, and guilty of impulsive idiocy. Yet you accuse those who express similar views to be "seething with liberal hatred".
I feel sure that all those who abhor trophy hunting and truly care about the lives of animals, are very glad about Trump's decision to put his reversal of the restrictions in place about this specific big game trophy imports on 'hold".

That last part is just sad to me. For most people, their concern about Trump's "impulsive idiocy" and dislike of him has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton not winning the election.

@Piper2 You have just implied that Trump is stupid, and guilty of impulsive idiocy. Yet you accuse those who express...

I didn't imply it, I SAID it. No Earth shaking surprise ...to ME.

No, I'm accusing those who express similar views to be "unhappy" with whatever this President does or doesn't do, because of their hate.
I, on the other hand, am happy he reversed himself. He heard and listened to his people, as a president should.

The sad part is that the hateful anti-Trump left can't even realize their own behavior.
I never ask for much, but please watch this entire clip. It's only 1:30

@FuzzyPeach I didn't imply it, I SAID it. No Earth shaking surprise ...to ME. No, I'm accusing those who express similar views...

I know of no one who found, or said, that Trump's decision to reverse the 2014 ban was an earth shattering surprise to them. It wasn't to me, either, for numerous reasons.
Trump's hold on his decision to reverse the ban, is simply that...a hold. It's great news, for now.

Yes, there are undeniably some people who will be "unhappy'' with whatever this president does or doesn't do. I sure did see a lot that with his predecessor, as well, because of their seeming hate.
Me, I've heard him propose some goals that I thought great, like his claim that he would change the high price of prescription drugs that the pharmaceutical industry gets away with charging. Haven't heard a peep about it since he said it back in January, though.

I watched that show a lot back in 70's, and I watched the clip. We can agree that many are blind to the fact that do they the very same thing they criticize others for.

@Piper2 I know of no one who found, or said, that Trump's decision to reverse the 2014 ban was an earth shattering...

Allow me to try this again, by stalking your comments.
Most of us can hate Trump for his decision to lift the ban. That's what we expect, judging from 35 years of his type of "in your face, I'm boss" behavior. We all know, and have ALWAYS known, he was an impulsive jackass, so we can hate him on THIS post.
Now let's move to the post where he has reversed his decision. NOW, the same liberals who justifiably hate him for lifting the ban, also hate him for reversing his decision. Ex:
When is this president going to learn to think before he tweets?
Any normal person would have investigated first and then announced a decision. +1
He couldn't possibly review all the facts - he doesn't have that kind of attention span and he has difficulty with the big words. +1
He does have sort of a limited vocabulary, for sure. I do not believe he will actually read about all the facts concerning this issue.

Temporary reprieve or not, it sure is wonderful news.... but no credit to the president for listening to the people and for doing the right thing.

While they are happy that the ban is still in effect, they still hate Trump for reversing himself, giving NO credit to him for listening to the public and subtly admitting he made a mistake.

Old man, how is it you can see these things?
Beautiful liberal lady, how is it that you cannot?

@FuzzyPeach Allow me to try this again, by stalking your comments. Most of us can hate Trump for his decision to lift the...

I know anyone can stalk my comments, since I have chosen to have my settings that way, and all. I am also aware that you often do. I'm just fine about most things I say or 'vote up', too.

I do not know just who Trump listened to, regarding his original decision to reverse the ban, or to put it on "hold". Neither do you.

None of the rest of what you've said makes much sense, as far as making some point. I do see what you call "hate" towards this president, just like most other presidents before him have experienced.
I will certainly give Trump some credit, when and if he ever he announces his "hold" on his reversal of the existing ban on importing the body parts of trophy hunted elephants, to to be more than a brief reprieve.

Anonymous