How can I improve my sleeping pattern (see details)?

Hello amirite. It's been a while since I've posted here.

Recently I started attending a four-year-college, relocated to another state, and the entire pattern of my life is greatly different from the way it was for the past 18 years. A new room, a new bed, a new lifestyle, new stresses...it's all exciting, but it's all combined to throw things off with me internally. I've gotten into a pattern now where I have no problem falling asleep initially, but I wake up in the early morning (around 5, about three hours earlier than I'd like to awaken) and am unable to get back to sleep! The whole thing is proving very frustrating and depressing to me.

What's perplexing to me especially is the fact that I don't seem to feel tired much during the day. It is possible that, with me going to be bed at around 12, that 6 hours of sleep is simply enough for me now? I'm used to getting 8-9. Now I can't seem to get more than 6.

Any advice is appreciated. Good to see everyone again :)