Trishs avatar Religion
7 45
@2693816

Exactly.I just want to go suddenly with no warning whatsoever.Like my dad did.

The only thing in life, that is certain, is that we all die at some point. Do I fear it? Yes and no. It's just biology. I can understand the meaning of death on the intellectual level and even process it to the point, where it loses its value, as it is always inevitable to everything living. On the emotional level, it still does stir me up a bit, as I know it's getting closer with my every breath. I do believe in reincarnation and this isn't the first life I've had, but every time, it's still disturbing.

Do I fear death? Of course I do to a degree. We are generally afraid of the unknown. Do I let it dictate my life? No. Do I stop doing stupid stuff to prolong it? Not really.

@ZonkeyBalls So, if I steal a helicopter and ask you to come to have a flight with me...

We'll have to do more than just steal a helicopter to make it worth while for me. I've been on "those" kind of flights. LOL Now maybe if we could take a couple terrorists up with us, tied up in the back, I could probably find a way to amuse myself.

@JustJimColo We'll have to do more than just steal a helicopter to make it worth while for me. I've been on "those" kind of...

You do realize, that we have proper guns on the choppers, including... Yes, you got it right. We have six thousand rounds... Just waiting for your call, Jim. And there's always the ammo box... For further needs.

@JustJimColo Then all we need now is an unguarded helicopter with the "keys" left in it. <s>

Actually, no, I did hotwire the chopper that I stole. Somehow, they are a lot more careless than the car industry might want you to assume.

@2693876

Do you remember your past lives? I don't, but I can tell you for certainty, this is not the end and it's not the beginning either.

@2693981

I'm not certain of this, but I think I might have fallen to my death last time. I have nightmares about falling down and I really hate high places. I think I've met the Reaper at the bottom of something.

@2693987

I think there is a reason for my fear of water. I have drowned before. So it's not just falling to my death before, it's complicated thing. Having to reborn.

@2693987

To be honest, I don't remember that much, it's mostly, because I have had traumatic deaths earlier. And a trauma is not that good for the next life. You shut it out, automatically.

@2693905

Mr. Death is a reaper.

No. Waste of time.

It's normal to fear death, it's the ultimate end of life as we know it, the end of everything we know.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's normal to fear death, it's the ultimate end of life as we know it, the end of everything we know.

Yes and no. Our personality does change a bit, I give you that, but the soul is eternal.

@ZonkeyBalls Yes and no. Our personality does change a bit, I give you that, but the soul is eternal.

What is a soul? What is consciousness? It seems so stupid such complex creatures as humans just vanish into thin air after death but we must be ready to face this if it is so.

@Sunny_the_skeptic What is a soul? What is consciousness? It seems so stupid such complex creatures as humans just vanish into thin...

If I vanish into thin air, that's the end of things and there is nothing to ponder upon. It's the end. I can take that. It's not something I would be wondering about, since I'm dead. Dead. That's it.

More than that, I think most people, myself included, are afraid of the life. Things that are awaiting us, for many of us, death would be a relief. But then again, there are pleasures in life. Sex, for instance, which I actually haven't had in years, since I have been such a self-centered asshole.

Soul is what it is. It's not a creation of the Christian God, in my opinion. It just is. It's our own essence. It contains the information, which we have learned in our lives, for the bad or the worse. Sometimes, for the good.

Consciousness is just a trick. It's a trick, that we think is true, because we think, that we think. We don't - not really, it's just like magic. You see and then the rabbit is no longer there. Not even inside the hat.

@ZonkeyBalls If I vanish into thin air, that's the end of things and there is nothing to ponder upon. It's the end. I can take...

Life is not easy by no means and it's always a random draw to as who do we get born as but life we know, it's something we're used to and death is not, we fear the unknown and what happens after that, is it simply a halt to our existence? Eternal blackness most easily compared to eternal dreamless slumber? We don't know. And this soul you speak of, what is to happen to it is it simply dispersed as energy and become part of the life around us. Like the phrase that we're made of starstuff, the carbon of the stars that fell on Earth became the carbon of the embryo in the uterus of our mothers. Religion just gives us a simple answer so we don't die of fear from wondering what happens after death. Too bad there is no way to find out without dying.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Life is not easy by no means and it's always a random draw to as who do we get born as but life we know, it's...

Some crazy scientist did a series of experiments on people, who were about to die, and with a very sensitive scale... Determed that when they died, three grams of their bodyweight just went "poof!" So, that is the weight of the soul + the two extra dimensions, that we don't usually use.

@ZonkeyBalls Some crazy scientist did a series of experiments on people, who were about to die, and with a very sensitive...

I heard of that too. Btw do you know that soon the world's first head transplant or actually body transplant operation will me done?

@Sunny_the_skeptic I heard of that too. Btw do you know that soon the world's first head transplant or actually body transplant...

Yeah, that is scary stuff. It's like science fiction, but real, and it really freaks me out...

@ZonkeyBalls Yeah, that is scary stuff. It's like science fiction, but real, and it really freaks me out...

I was more amazed with the volunteer, a russian IT guy who has a muscle wasting disease who said he'd rather die than live this way. Creepy of not this guy has balls, so does the crazy surgeon that will attempt this.

Wow!! I wanna thank you guys so much for this awesome discussion going on. I appreciate oyu all contributing and sharing your outlook and ideas. So cool and thought provoking.

Most of us fear the unknown.

SEMPER FI

Sometimes

I’m afraid of a slow death where I’m a prisoner of my own body and I’m aftaid of no longer being useful to society but afraid of death, no.

Why waste time fearing something that is natural part of life?

Anonymous