Will you be talking politics with family during the Thanksgiving holiday?

Image for post Will you be talking politics with family during the Thanksgiving holiday?
5% Yes 95% No 0% Other
doctorwho1011s avatar Politics
10 20

No, we never discuss politics when the family gets together....that's why we all get along so well.

No. Christmas and Thanksgiving are the two holidays we don't bring up unpleasant topics. I can't even say I'm thankful that none of my in-laws will be here this year.

If I were spending it with some of my extended family, it would probably come up whether I wanted to talk about it, or not.

We'll be talking football and taking naps. Ha!

Lol, no... Great question.

I imagine the families that discuss politics at the dinner table suffer from indigestion.

I hate alone, so no discussiin whatsoever. I did see some Grey's Anatomy episodes. It was fun.

Most of our family are thankful that Clinton is not in office so we will discuss current events, news and politics but only lightly. The kids draw most of the discussion, work, etc. Politics is a very small part of the day even then we listen respectfully and then keep it moving into the next subject.

@2696199

Last Man Standing is always on around here. Ryan is the liberal character you are taking about. "Former or ex" are the best words sometimes with these people.

@2696505

I'm curious, and understand if I'm told that it's none of my business but, does the soon-to-be-ex know that he will soon be an ex?

@2697902

What a horrible situation for all concerned. .....

I sure hope he doesn't meet with some horrible accident or suddenly be abducted by aliens!

No. We'll be having fun instead.

@Budwick No. We'll be having fun instead.

Agreed, why waste a good meal with family over political points of veiw😊

I rarely do it any other time, no need to do it on Thanksgiving.