Bread: Do you put something in it or you eat it just plain?

I've just asked a croissant (is that how it's written) with cheese and ham, and the lady at the cafe seemed confused about it. I guess I'm weird 😆

83% I put something (What?) 0% Plain 17% I don't ear bread 0% Other
Sofias avatar Jokes & Humour
12 51

Butter with jam Perhaps-musn't forget the humble sandwich

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales I put something (What?) +8Reply

*not ear - eat

It depends on the kind of bread, but I usually don't just eat it plain - I will add at something like butter or cheese to it.
Most bread that I consume is of the types used to make sandwiches - like French bread, white bread and bread for hamburger and hotdog. Those usually need something to go with them.
Other breads like panetone (a Christmas bread - not sure if you know it) I wouldn't mind eating plain, but I usually like to add butter or cheese to them.
Oh, and croissant with cheese and ham sounds pretty awesome. :D (if you're weird then I'm weird too, lol)

primeiros avatar primeiro I put something (What?) +7Reply
@Sofia The only bread I like to eat plain is "Pão de Deus".... soooo good.

Oh, I don't know that one. I don't think it exists in Brazil. Must be a Portuguese thing, then. :P smile smilie

primeiros avatar primeiro I put something (What?) +3Reply
@Sofia I think it is. http://portuguesebreads.blogspo...de-deus_1.html You can put stuff inside, but I...

Wow, that looks like it's really good... Now I'm hungry. :P
Ever had "sonho"?

primeiros avatar primeiro I put something (What?) +1Reply
@primeiro Wow, that looks like it's really good... Now I'm hungry. :P Ever had...

Ah, yeah. Never had it, but I've heard Sonhos in Brazil is like Bola de Berlim in Portugal, or something similar.

Our Sonhos it's like this..
In Madeira you eat it in Carnaval/Christmas (also Malassadas), with honey (not the bee one - it's another honey that I don't know how to write in English, but in Portuguese is Mel de Cana) or without it. In Portugal Continental, I think you eat it with a sugar coating. I prefer the ones from Madeira xD

@Sofia Ah, yeah. Never had it, but I've heard Sonhos in Brazil is like Bola de Berlim in Portugal, or something...

Your "Bola de Berlim" looks awfully lot like our "sonhos". And your "sonhos" remind me a bit of our "rabanadas":
:)

@primeiro Your "Bola de Berlim" looks awfully lot like our "sonhos". And your "sonhos" remind me a bit of our...

No, no. Those, in Portugal, are called Fatias Douradas. It's nothing like Sonhos xD

@Sofia No, no. Those, in Portugal, are called Fatias Douradas. It's nothing like Sonhos xD

"Fatias Douradas" - Nice name for it. Sounds better than "rabanada". :P :)

@Sofia The name doesn't matter... it's the taste that I care 😆

"What's in a name? That which we call pizza, by any other name, would taste as good" :P

@Sofia You're letting your inner Juliet coming out a little?

lol, yeah, but my inner Juliet seems to be yearning for the pizza to be delivered.
"Wherefore art thou?! It's been 1 hour already!"

Well, since I can't use my pun now - Thanks, Sofia - I have to go for the second choice, which is noticing how much bread terrifies me, since it reminds me of my past life as a butter knife.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls I don't ear bread +7Reply
@2696566

Good to know 😊

@2696566

I've only had croissant a few times, but definitely the best one that I remember is one that already came with cheese and ham in it. :P

primeiros avatar primeiro I put something (What?) +5Reply

Not often plain. Sometimes when im not hungry and have to put something on my stomach for a dose of ibuprofen.

Croissants are also great with chicken or egg salads.

Sometimes I make sort of a sandwich where I cut off a piece of the bread, hollow out the inside and will it with things like ketchup, mayo,vegetables and a sausage.

B.E.S.T. Bacon, egg, spam, tomato. 乂º◡º乂

@Carla With lettuce and mayo....yum

If it's cold then yes lettuce and mayo. If it's a warm sandwich then I get some HP sauce on it. 乂º◡º乂

@2696627

I can feel my arteries filling up with excitement! hehe smilie
乂^◡^乂

Mostly if I eat some, it's in the morning....toast, butter, jam.

Once in a while I'll have a sandwich, probably turkey..

You can get a ham and cheese croissant anywhere around here from grocery stores to Burger King...

Nothing weird about it... lol

DandyDons avatar DandyDon I put something (What?) 0Reply