+26

I hate crowds.

I was in Oxford Street today with one of my friends inside a store, and another two friends were in another store. They called us, one of them crying, because things went crazy in their store and people had ran out, all in a panic. In the end they got stuck in a Pizza Hut restaurant, the police saying for them to stay inside. By the time my friend and I went out, the street was already getting close, there was a mob of people walking away, and people were acting like it had been a terrorist attack. My friend and I tried to reach Pizza Hut, but we couldn't pass because of the police. No bus or tube close by was working, so we had no clue how to get the hell out of there without walking a lot, and eventually we were told to enter a building and wait for things to calm down. Still, people were reacting like it was a terrorist attack. We were following the news on our phones, and all that was being said was about reports of gunshots and the police was looking into it. But the moment we saw things had calmed down, and the police found nothing, we went to a tube station. All was well. - I still have no clue why people all ran out in a panic. I've heard of someone seeing smoke, but I don't see how that fits in the story. No one spoke of gunshots, only the news. And for what was said, the only person that was hurt was someone that was stumped down by the panicked crowd. - And this is why I hate crowds. As insensible as it might sound, (and I might not being explaining this correctly), but most people become sheep when in a crowd. Someone gets scared, and most of the others around get scared too, even if they don't know what is happening. It's rare to see someone calm when everyone else is panicking.

Terror scare sparks mass panic on London's busiest shopping street as false alarm sees armed police swoop on Oxford Street | London Evening StandardArmed police swooped on central London amid reports of shots fired on Oxford Street and inside a busy Tube station. Oxford Circus station was evacuated at rush hour and shoppers were urged to stay indoors as parts of the capital's busiest shopping street were placed on lock down. Scotland Yard warned shoppers to go inside a building and stay inside as footage emerged of terrified tourists fleeing the scene.https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/oxford-circus-incident-latest-live-police-swoop-on-central-london-amid-reports-of-gunfire-a3701421.html
Sofias avatar Life
18 35

Sorry to hear you have had to experience that Sofia, glad you're ok though. Yes I don't like crowds either, especially when they are agitated or panicking. I got caught in a NYE crowd in Melbourne one night and it took me about 4 hours to get out. Cities can be fun but I prefer wide open spaces.

@OzSurfer Sorry to hear you have had to experience that Sofia, glad you're ok though. Yes I don't like crowds either...

I was always fine, don't worry. It was my the other two friends that got the worse of it. They were in Primark - my other friend and I were in Zara, but we were out of the "attacking range". We were more worried about how to get to the other two, since they were agitated and scared. (We had just separated around 30 minutes ago because they didn't want to go to Zara. They were just going to buy what they needed from Primark, then they would go home, while my other friend and I were going to walk around a little bit more to see the stores. Normally we're the four together. It was horrible timing, really).

Yeah. I don't like feeling closed in by people. Space is always appreciated.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +5Reply
@Sofia I was always fine, don't worry. It was my the other two friends that got the worse of it. They were in Primark - my...

That's good to hear and so glad it wasn't an actual terrorist attack. When you first described it, i thought it might have been the black friday sales panic. I know what it's like here, someone advertises 50% off everything and everyone acts like it's the end of the world.

@OzSurfer That's good to hear and so glad it wasn't an actual terrorist attack. When you first described it, i thought it...

Same. I was expecting that sales panic though. It happened before in Portugal. There was even people ending up in the hospital some years before.

But things were calm. There was a lot of people and a long queues (especially the fitting rooms), but nothing alarming.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +3Reply
@ZonkeyBalls The Flat Earth Society agrees.

Wow i wonder if he launched and survived? He could have just rented a helicopter to take him to 1,800feet to have a look around... the flat earth society could rent a Jet and fly it around the globe or as they call it the disk. He says he believes in formula's so I wonder what his formula for gravity is on a disk as opposed to a sphere? For instance, how does it explain an even g-force across the disk? It would only take one flat earther to do a PhD on this and have it accepted by the scientific community and they'd be more famous than Galileo. I'm sure his rockets are collecting lots of valuable data.

@2699049

Thank you :)

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +3Reply

I do prefer to avoid crowds in general. One of the reasons is how easily a crowd can turn into a mob.

I have never done real well in crowds.
Im glad you and your friends are alright.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +7Reply
@Sofia Thank you :)

Hey, sofia!
Ive not seen you around in a while.
How are things?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla Hey, sofia! Ive not seen you around in a while. How are things?

Hey :D

All is fine. I've just been busy working.

And you? How's things? Ready for Christmas?

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +3Reply

I hate crowds and sorry you had a bad experience. But people are really on edge now that there have been so many terrorist attacks and mass killings. Glad you're safe.

I avoid crowds...Lately, it's better to avoid being in crowds.

@Azlotto I avoid crowds...Lately, it's better to avoid being in crowds.

Xmas time is the worse time to be out anyplace. I got messed up last Saturday because of a tree lighting event. People running walking cross the road , my usual rout home blocked by police. I sure wish this holiday would die!

@2698553

Who knew an alien's movie could actually give an accurate insight of people's "knowledge"?

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply

Yeah, I'm not a fan of crowds either. Glad you and your friends are okay. :)

@2696985

Thank you :)

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply

I'm not a fan of them, either ;)

I hate crowds also. What you talk about is no good. I hope you can stay away from any crazy areas in future.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I hate crowds also. What you talk about is no good. I hope you can stay away from any crazy areas in future.

Thank you :)

If I avoid all places that can turn into crazy, I'll have to stick myself in rural places for the rest of my life. I like cities.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +3Reply

Unless it is a crowd that I put together where each member was specifically vetted by me, then I absolutely agree. One of the most accurate things I have ever heard is that the one place that can make a person feel truly alone is being surrounded by others.

I can do without crowds..

The more people around...the higher percentage of crazy people around.

Glad you and your friends are alright..