Proposal A new pastor moved into town and went out one Saturday to visit his community. All went well until he came to one house. It was obvious that someone was home, but no one came to the door even after he knocked several times. Finally, he took out his card, wrote on the back "Revelation 3: 20" and stuck it in the door. The next day, as he was counting the offering he found his card in the collection plate. Below his message was a notation "Genesis 3: 10." Upon opening his Bible to the passage he let out a roar of laughter. Revelation 3: 20 reads: (Pastors note) "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice, and opens the door, I will come into him, and will dine with him, and he with me." Genesis 3: 10 reads: "And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked." Link: http://jokes4all.net/car-jokes?p=20

Image for post Proposal  ***   A new pastor moved into town and went out one Saturday to visit his community. All went well until he came to one house. It was obvious that someone was home, but no one came to the door even after he knocked several times. Finally, he took out his card, wrote on the back "Revelation 3: 20" and stuck it in the door. The next day, as he was counting the offering he found his card in the collection plate. Below his message was a notation "Genesis 3: 10." Upon opening his Bible to the passage he let out a roar of laughter. Revelation 3: 20 reads: (Pastors note) "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice, and opens the door, I will come into him, and will dine with him, and he with me." Genesis 3: 10 reads: "And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked."   ***     Link: http://jokes4all.net/car-jokes?p=20
Mariannes avatar Religion
16 22

Proposal

A new pastor moved into town and went out one Saturday to visit his community.

All went well until he came to one house. It was obvious that someone was home, but no one came to the door even after he knocked several times.

Finally, he took out his card, wrote on the back "Revelation 3: 20" and stuck it in the door.

The next day, as he was counting the offering he found his card in the collection plate. Below his message was a notation "Genesis 3: 10."

Upon opening his Bible to the passage he let out a roar of laughter.

Revelation 3: 20 reads:
(Pastors note) "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice, and opens the door, I will come into him, and will dine with him, and he with me."

Genesis 3: 10 reads: "And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked."

Link: http://jokes4all.net/car-jokes?p=20

@2697959

JD, thank you for your encouraging feedback.
smile smilie

My first chuckle of the day! hehe smilie clap smilie

@JanHaskell My first chuckle of the day!

Your chuckle, Jan, makes my day too.
smile smiliehehe smiliey smilie

Ohhh
Always a smile and giggle from you, marianne:)

@Carla Ohhh Always a smile and giggle from you, marianne:)

You're welcome, Carla, and thank you for your support.
smile smiliey smiliehehe smilie

@Sunny_the_skeptic Clever.

Thank you for your sunny feedback, Sunny.
smile smiliey smiliesmile smilie

@2697932

Lol, Rooster, good to see that a good laugh can brighten up a day - well, it is gloomy here - already dusk (4.45 p.m.). biggrin smilie
hehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie

@2699035

You're very welcome, Gypsy, thank you for joining our laughs.
smile smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie

Wait a minute! I don't get it.

Why was the parishioner dining naked? what smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Wait a minute! I don't get it. Why was the parishioner dining naked?

Lol, Th smilieink, I was missing your "Lolz" and your very pertinent questions. wink smilie
A more decent answer might have been that he was taking a bath or shower - but others might have very different ideas ...
ono smilieomg smilie
hehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie

@Marianne Lol, Tink, I was missing your "Lolz" and your very pertinent questions. A more decent answer might have...

But, but, but... the pastor was knocking at dinner time.

He wanted a free meal, and he probably smelled the food cooking. biggrin smilie

@Marianne Oh, Thinkerbell, are you suspecting that this "someone" was having a sinful party? Ouch -...

Oh, my... it never occurred to me that they were doing anything except having dinner in the nude, but who knows...? Maybe you're right. chew smilie omg smilie ono smilie biggrin smilie