Move fake news from CNN. Our president didn't actually pretend to honor the Navajo Code Talkers by standing in front of a portrait of Andrew (trail of tears) Jackson then use the name of another famous historical figure as a slur against his rival.

Navajo leaders call Trump's presser totally staged“Andrew Jackson is one of his heroes. He acts like him. He talks like him. I mean, he wants to be him in modern day. But, again it was totally uncalled for.”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdb7QNe6gs8
82% Vic, that actually happened 18% Fake, Fake, Fake
VicZincs avatar News & Current Events
6 20
@2698198

Then your ears are broken.
From the CNN site itself - "I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here," Trump said. "Although, we have a representative in Congress who has been here a long time ... longer than you -- they call her Pocahontas!"
He then turned to one of the code talkers behind him, put his left hand on the man's shoulder and said: "But you know what, I like you. You are special people."

Budwicks avatar Budwick Fake, Fake, Fake +2Reply

White house staff prepare and arrange settings for events like this. They knew exactly what they were doing.
Oh..wait...the whole thing didnt happen.

Carlas avatar Carla Vic, that actually happened +6Reply
@Carla White house staff prepare and arrange settings for events like this. They knew exactly what they were doing...

Of course it happened! And, you're right, they knew what they were doing. In addition to honoring the Code Talkers, they outed yet another democrat as a phony.

PS - Pocahontas is not a racial / ethnic slur. It's a woman's name.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Fake, Fake, Fake +1Reply

I suppose it's possible, that Trump was actually unaware of Andrew Jackson's horrible place in history, concerning the treatment of Native Americans. I doubt it though, and even if, surely someone would have informed him of it beforehand.

His dig at and slur towards Warren is just his usually petty bullshit, of course. His not be able to resist getting that in at that particular 'event', is quite disgusting.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Vic, that actually happened +5Reply

If it did this in front of Andrew Jackson picture... then yeah that looks especially bad... though to be fair, he probably doesn't know/realize Andrew Jackson did that...

A lot of people lack history knowledge...

If I went around asking people 3 thing Andrew Jackson was known for, I expect

1) US President
2) $20 bill (which might be #1)
3) Umm, umm, I'm not sure...

And according to this video (which I'm not claiming to be correct or incorrect), (around 1:56) he seems to misunderstand something about Andrew Jackson and the civil war.

@Zolfie what's fake?

President Trump saying all those idiotic things about President Jackson. (sarcasm)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Remaining silent is not our President's strong suit.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Vic, that actually happened +4Reply

If Trump is as terrible as they say, then you'd think they wouldn't have to make shit up or twist stories around to make him look worse than he is.

Carlas avatar Carla Vic, that actually happened +3Reply

CNN can change their reputation of putting out fake news. All they have to do is begin to put out real news! Over time, people might start trusting them.

But, just like John Conyers having a reputation for mauling women in the elevator for years, he'll need to clean up his act for a long time and earn peoples trust again.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Fake, Fake, Fake 0Reply
@Carla No...he needs to pack up his office and go home

Well, that's what a gentleman would have done. This one is going to require some encouragement I think.

In the same way, CNN having been called out for it's fake news tendencies, will need some encouragement to stop. I think that's a big positive we can give to Trump.

@Budwick Well, that's what a gentleman would have done. This one is going to require some encouragement I think. In the...

Enough with the fake news.

A gentleman would never have done what conyers has done. He is way past being given any leeway. Regardless of what good he has done.
You cant give hitler a pass because he painted pretty pictures.

Carlas avatar Carla Vic, that actually happened 0Reply
@Budwick "Enough with the fake news. " Agreed! You can tell CNN directly about your...

Talk to your mr trump about fake news, bud. He is the most guilty of spreading it.

Carlas avatar Carla Vic, that actually happened +1Reply

And of course, Fauxcahontas played the race card, hoping her crooked past would not come up yet again. biggrin smilie