Why would the White House honor Native American code talkers in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson?

President Andrew Jackson was "a forceful opponent of Indian removal". The fact that he was no friend to Native Americans is well known. So why hold the ceremony with Jackson's portrait as the backdrop?

Image for post Why would the White House honor Native American code talkers in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson?
PhilboydStudges avatar People & Celebrities
3 20

How about the other side of that room?

This administration hands out insults daily. I dont have to search for them.
You and the rest of trumps base cheer his bigotry. I suppose you arent even a little concerned about him retweeting fake inflammatory news from europe.

@Carla How about the other side of that room? This administration hands out insults daily. I dont have to search for...

You know, excitable leftists are the only ones upset over this. They were delighted to have received the recognition.

I assume you're talking about the video of a Muslim migrant attacking a boy on crutches. No, I'm not concerned about that. I haven't a clue why the media is not reporting the trouble those folks are making. Trump wants to keep the immigration issue front and center.

@Budwick You know, excitable leftists are the only ones upset over this. They were delighted to have received the...

Oh, geeze....
It isnt only about the bogus tweets, it's also about who the source is.
You go on and on about fake news. And here is official presidential statements (as that is how his tweets are classified) pushing fake news. But..that's okay, right? There is a word for that.
Hmmm????
Those folks?
People make trouble all over the world. All kinds of people.

@Carla Oh, geeze.... It isnt only about the bogus tweets, it's also about who the source is. You go on and on about fake...

Bogus tweets? The stuff in the video actually happened; not that afternoon - but it happened.

'Those folks' was being nice. Yes, people all over the place make trouble. There's a segment of civilization that's of particular interest in as much as there is lots of documented evidence that they would like to kill us all.

@Budwick Bogus tweets? The stuff in the video actually happened; not that afternoon - but it happened. 'Those folks' was...

And you would like to eradicate all of that segment.
I give up on you, bud. You can never admit when trump is wrong...which really makes me wonder....

@Carla And you would like to eradicate all of that segment. I give up on you, bud. You can never admit when trump is...

Carla - who said eradicate anybody? They want to vet people coming from certain problematic countries. Sorry, I think that's a good idea. And, it's not Trumps original idea - other countries do stuff like that for ever!

There have been times when I've shuddered a bit over Trump. Only because of the vultures just WAITING for him to sneeze wrong. Yes, he's rough on the edges, and I understand he's not a typical political guy. But, that's EXACTLY why he was elected. We didn't want another typical political hack.

I've heard (can't confirm) that Trump some how connected his Presidency (dealing with the fiscal issues) to the likes of the Andrew Jackson Presidency and so connection of Trump to Andrew Jackson on fiscal matters and working for the common folk and business owners instead of the big evil nationalized banks etc etc.

Again, I can't confirm, but if true... probably no thought of the Andrew Jackson's Indian removal even crossed their mind.

Though, I've wondered if that might largely might be a bastardization comparison. As Andrew Jackson main goal to pay off the US debt and Trump main goals traditionally seem to connect with items that will raise US debt (taxes percentage less, spend more), though Trump argues that the plan as a whole will sky rocket the economy and the smaller percentages of his much higher economy will be greater than the higher percentages of Americas current lower economy.

That sounds all nice and good, but seems really unrealistic... unless he knows something that all others don't know... as most try to manipulate the economy and most of the time, it works in the short run and comes back to bite even harder in the long run... like the housing market crash started as market manipulation in the 90s, and came back and bite us hard in the 2000s.

@Zolfie I've heard (can't confirm) that Trump some how connected his Presidency (dealing with the fiscal issues) to the...

I believe President Trump does proclaim an affinity with President Jackson, though I don't know his reasoning.

So no one in the White House thought about how honoring Native Americans might be taken? I think this is unlikely, but I could be wrong.

@PhilboydStudge I believe President Trump does proclaim an affinity with President Jackson, though I don't know his reasoning. So...

I'm guessing no one thought about the painting and picture, and since no one thought about the painting, no one thought how President Jackson and how some might find a picture of him offensive.

Also it could of been done of purpose, not necessarily to avoid the Native Americans but for Trump to be trolling the haters, because at times, he seems to purpose do things just to get the other side to call him out, so he can "counter punch".

But I think it's the first one, that they didn't give the painting any extra thought since they decided to put it up, and or don't care if anyone is upset.

Your nations were eliminated or absorbed. We put you where we wanted you.
It was a silently sadistic.

@2698944

So no thought was given on how a portrait of President Jackson might be taken? I suppose that's possible.

@PhilboydStudge So no thought was given on how a portrait of President Jackson might be taken? I suppose that's possible.

Probably not. You, Carla and anti-fa have issues with keeping America's historical figures under wraps. Many others do not.

Because the room where the event took place had the painting hanging there.

Please, find something relevant, important, significant to bitch about.

It's difficult to believe, that no one informed the president that having the ceremony with that particular portrait in the background, wouldn't be a good idea.

From what I read, one of the code talkers being honored said he was "puzzled" by it, but not offended. What the other two thought, I don't know. Me, I just think it's pretty sad as well, that Trump couldn't even get through an event honoring these elder men for their service to this country, without getting a dig in at an opponent. A dig that that many Native Americans consider a slur.

Anonymous