New Vehicles: Which vehicles would you be looking into, if you were thinking about getting a new vehicle?

Image for post New Vehicles: Which vehicles would you be looking into, if you were thinking about getting a new vehicle?
Zolfies avatar Religion
10 40
@2698991

Okay, here is a question. How do you know when a car has an issue with it's transmission, or an issue with it's engine? :)

@2698991

Yeah I've been surprised how many Camry and Corolla have been sold, seems like they really got that market. I got a Dodge Truck and I guess they went to some cheap plastic front end parts which have not lasted at all. As for maintenance, what do you think about Ford? and Mazda?

Right now, I'm mainly looking at CUVs/SUVs, I was surprised the negative reviews I've seen about the RAV4... basically suggesting they started the CUV market, but then after a while stopped refreshing it and others had (supposedly) surpassed it.

But the Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-5 seem to be the best reviewed two from what I've seen... but of course, being from a Ford Family (and them having some very good finds there), they're want me to take a hard look are the Ford Escape and Edge.

@2699006

Nothing to be sorry about, you're sharing info, that's a good thing. Thanks for sharing!

Though I'm sure the Toyotas and Hondas have to get worked on somewhere as well, it might be to a lot smaller degree. I'll be looking into them more.
Again, Thanks

@2699094

I've thought about doing something like that. Either with buying a vehicle that the government has taken and/or one that was leased. But I keep hearing when the government is selling them after the sale, not before, and just haven't tracked it.

And there have been some shady business lease vehicles selling them... just a couple of people seem to find that their was a lot more damage on them than expected.

@2699197

Only 50 miles after two years? That seems ridiculous low, or like an unused or dealer vehicle that was not sold..

I'm talking about a car that the government Seized & Surplus vehicles... while yes some of them were abused as all can be, some also seem to be in great condition, it's really all over the map... but the real appeal for them is their prices are usually shocking low s it's auction, though as with all auctions, it all depends on who shows up, what they want and how much they're willing to spend on it... but seems like stuff usually go extremely low.

@2699233

That's what I thought you meant, but you wrote out 100,000 so I wasn't sure.

Not sure of the exact model, but I would be looking for the least expensive car that I find fun to drive. I don't need a fast car, but I would like a functional one with a sportier suspension. I drive a 2011 Mazda 3 right now. It's been reliable so far (90,000 miles) and handles well, but the interior leaves me wanting more.

@PhilboydStudge Not sure of the exact model, but I would be looking for the least expensive car that I find fun to drive. I don't...

Yeah someone is pushing me to really like into the Mazda CX-5, and reports all seem to be good except the suggestion of a weaker motor.

So what about the interior is leaving you wanting more?

Though I'm trying to wait and see if they FINALLY start coming out with some of the diesel vehicles which they're been talking about for years... it's rumors that Mazda is trying to come out with a diesel CX-5 for next year, Ford with a diesel Ranger truck etc etc.

@Zolfie Yeah someone is pushing me to really like into the Mazda CX-5, and reports all seem to be good except the...

It's not like the cabin is terribly small. I'm 6' and there's plenty of room up front. That's not a problem. What I'm talking about is more of an annoyance than an actual problem.

I never seem to have enough room for my stuff. The only place for me to put things like my wallet, leatherman, tiny container of hand-sanitizer, sunglasses, etc.. is in a small area of the center console between the two front seats. The problem is that this same area for the driver and front passenger drinks.

There is a larger, deep bucket-like are in the center console towards the back seat, but it is difficult to use while driving. I tend to throw things in there and never seem them for weeks. smile smilie Plus, there is no place for sunglasses. None. I tend to use the front passenger seat for my stuff.

Like I said, just little annoyances, but I feel it could have been better designed. All-in-all I would recommend it to a friend.

ANY vehicle? The Panhard CRAB.

@2699081

I was first going to say the K2 Black Panther MBT. But I reconsidered the MPG, insurance, and parking.

LOL

@Walt_OReagun ANY vehicle? The Panhard CRAB.

I was mainly thinking of vehicles that cost less than $30,000 (US)

But yeah any vehicle will do...

Here is one that makes me smile

Another Camry

@2699048

Yeah I've liked a couple of Nissan looks.. and I've been thinking the Juke would surely get some looks in America, as it looks different, which reminded me of reactions people gave to seeing a PT Cruiser

@2699142

Yeah Quirky is the perfect word for it :D
And I think it's need to be a bright color, the dark colors just don't look as good on it.

But I think I'm gonna need a four door vehicle. =/

@2699152

I didn't realize that, because the only two door handles that I see, but I guess all four doors open somehow. Thanks

@2699217

Thanks for pointing it out. biggrin smilie

You can really see it in this picture. (at least if you open it up, in amirite, it's too small to see)

@2699949

hehe smilie that's the other thing, I don't want a small car because I'm not a small person... so I want at least a mid-size, to be more comfortable for possible longer trips.

@2699967

I often don't feel safe in a low vehicle... I like to be up off the ground.

I love my Celica, but unfortunately Toyota stopped making that car.

Maybe a Chevy Cruse.

We always buy GM.....and right now driving a Buick Lacrosse, love it and would definitely buy another one. Very rid smooth and very dependable.