Should Shepard Smith of FOX News Lose His Job?

FOX's Shepard Smith is taking heat for his report on Hillary Clinton and Uranium One which has been a right wing talking point since before the campaigns began. Many are calling for his dismissal. What do you think?

'HE HAS To GO!!!' Fox Fans MAD as HELL After Shep Smith BLOWS Up Their Conspiracy about Uranium OneFox News anchor Shepard Smith was blasted by some of his network’s loudest viewers for fact-checking Republican talking points about Uranium One, which defen...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZAQZufnjIQ
20% You're Fired 60% Not 20% Other
urwutuiss avatar Religion
6 23

This uranium thing has been looked at and dismissed a while ago. It's always been a diversion tactic.
I hope everyone here listens to that report because it gets tossed around from time to time.
The truth is so rarely told, it seems it has hurt some sensative ears.

@2699262

Works for me..and I'm pleased to say... I have no idea what that is about.

Mainstream drama for ratings...
Not to be confused with actual news..

I quit watching that crap years ago..

Watching mainstream media and believing any of them have credit( Yea CNN and Fox News included).
Is like when you first started watching wrestling on tv, as a kid..

Later when you learn that it's fake.
You'll either quit watching it, because it no longer does anything for you..

Or you'll continue to watch it, because you like the bullshit drama.

@2699304

Same here...I don't watch much of it..

There's maybe 2 or 3 shows on it, I'll watch once in a while..

It's rare that I'll watch a movie..

@2699955

That wouldn't bother me..

I don't remember the last time I watched news on tv

LOL.

The wingnuts above didn't even bother to listen to your post and they are just repeating Trump's discredited talking points.

Fake news real new doesn't matter, they people will believe what they want to believe regardless of the evidence.

"but her e-mails!"

@VicZinc LOL. The wingnuts above didn't even bother to listen to your post and they are just repeating Trump's...

And benghazi!

For fucks sake. It's been a year. Clinton has been investigated to death.
Let it go, already.

That's exactly what it is....a conspiracy. No, Smith should not be fired for telling the truth, something that most of those on Fox Noise can't stand. They've been trying to get something on Hillary for a long time. She's been investigated for just about everything and nothing has been found.

It's just another diversionary tactic used by the Trump administration to divert people's attention away from what's really going on with Trump and the Russians. To all Trump supporters, it's just a matter of time, now that Flynn has started telling the truth.....I'm sure Trumpo is sweating it out now. Tic Toc, Trump is on his way out.

I'm no Clinton fan but they've been dogging Hilary for 20 years. They have to have an interior threat to justify "Homeland Security"
I think you're right. I imagine Trump's quaking in his little boots although I'm not sure I'd want Pence in charge either. Less embarrassing, maybe, but more able to push the Fascist agenda. I don't know about you but I can't find the words to describe how mind boggling it is to me that he has any support at all much less the avid lunatics that worship at his feet. Even his moderate supporters are scary. The only explanation I can come up with is they think on an entirely different plane than I do in some other demension.

@2699209

He didn't? Check out starting at the 3 minute mark of this press conference, and it's far from the only time he's blamed her specifically....
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I stopped watching him awhile ago. Clinton needs to be investigated for all her acts. He couldn't have gotten away with all his boorish behavior without her help. They are sickening.

So let's sum up the 'fake news'.

1) 9 of the investors in this deal gave $140 million to the Clinton Crime Foundation. That was part of the fake news AND good old Sheps report. Shep failed to mention that those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors.

2) Clinton was on the committee that approved the deal. That was a key point in the fake news and mentioned by good old Shep.

3) A significant percentage of USA uranium was transferred to Russia. A key point of the fake news reports and not denied by good old Shep. Shep did not mention that shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock. Wow, half a billion dollars for a speech! And, we got to listen to her screech during the campaign for free! What a bargain!

So what's the big reveal? There is none. Shep confirmed that Clinton is guilty as sin but said in a tone that appeases dim witted lefties.

The big question - should Shep be fired? Sure, why not. You know the only way he ever touched a woman was against her will!

@Budwick So let's sum up the 'fake news'. 1) 9 of the investors in this deal gave $140 million to the Clinton Crime...

I don't know where you get your info. My guess would be FOX, Limbaugh and Jones but it's a bit lacking in depth and accuracy.
I am not defending Clinton. I think they're both lying maggots but:

\1 $131 of that $140 mil came from 1 donor. The founder of Uranium One and it was 3 years after he sold off his entire stake and almost 2 years before Clinton became SofS.

2) Clinton's dept was 1 of 9 and it required a unanimous vote. She had neither veto nor approval power.

3) A significant amount was NOT transfered to Russia. About 25% went to western Europe and Asia. None went to Russia. It was also about 10% of US uranium not 20%

What he confirmed is that conservatives believe what they're fed regardless of fact and anything that opposes is branded as fake news.

The fake news is that there's a scandal when it's just more low brow bullshit from people who advocate a one term agenda and trickle down.

Touching women against their will is best left to experts like Moore and Trump.

@urwutuis I don't know where you get your info. My guess would be FOX, Limbaugh and Jones but it's a bit lacking in depth and...

How do you reconcile $140 million being paid to the Secretary of State to grease the skids for this deal?

You don't think the threat of Arkancide and Obama wrath could sway those other department heads? Wake up and smell the fallout Urwut!

@Budwick How do you reconcile $140 million being paid to the Secretary of State to grease the skids for this deal? You...

2 years before she was SofS ? You think if they were going to wield power it would be over this?
Obama couldn't even get a jobs bill passed.
I have no doubt Clinton is corrupt but this is just more distraction bullshit.
Meanwhile the current admin is taking the country apart piece by piece.