Black Christmas

Black Lives Matter has started a campaign to get all the black people in America to boycott all the stores run by white people in America, and shop only those outlets owned and operated by black people.

But don’t worry — that’s not racist. After all, the same people advocating for “BlackXmas” would be quite OK with a “WhiteXmas.” Right?

Image for post Black Christmas
22% What a great idea! 22% Look quickly - you can see BLM relevance fading away! 56% Other
Budwicks avatar Holidays & Birthdays
5 40

I'm totally okay with this boycott. Organized groups often use this tactic.

My problem with BLM is when they suppress others' freedom of expression.

@PhilboydStudge I'm totally okay with this boycott. Organized groups often use this tactic. My problem with BLM is when they...

I see. So, segregation is cool again? Shall we install water fountains for blacks again? Shall we promote whites only in this store? Do you really think this kind of thinking is good for the country?

@Budwick I see. So, segregation is cool again? Shall we install water fountains for blacks again? Shall we promote whites...

I think we both agree that segregation was wrong in the past, and would be no less wrong if re-instituted today. I don't see the connection between their boycott and future segregation.

Is their boycott good for the country? Yes and no. We already have enough discord in the US. This boycott - and the right wing media's focus on it - certainly won't help. However, it would be a very good for this country if/when blacks achieve the same level of economic success as whites. If this boycott somehow moves us closer to this, then it too is good.

@PhilboydStudge I think we both agree that segregation was wrong in the past, and would be no less wrong if re-instituted today. I...

So, knowing about it is the bad thing?

Ya know, I don't know what flavor the businesses are that I trade with; white, black, latino, asian. I generally try to buy things locally, you know in town and made in USA. So, do you know what makes a business black or white? Is it ownership? Location? What they sell? [I frequent a 'soul food' restaurant. It's owned and operated by three men [2 white, 1 black], black cooks and servers and other than the two white owners, I'm the only white person I've ever seen there. They make outstanding food that Mrs. Budwick and I enjoy. I drive 35 minutes to get there. I take the food home, but they don't have a dining area, so no judgement there please - no one eats there. I go there because I really like the food. So, is that a black business?]

I wish every business great success. I'm more of a pro-business kind of guy - not necessarily a pro-ethnicity kind of guy.

If the media didn't make such a big deal of it there would be no issue. But that's the same reason for most of our country's issues right now.

@2701159

That looks very cool!

Why does that matter to you?

@Carla Why does that matter to you?

The country is divided enough don't you think?
Why doesn't it matter to you?

@Budwick The country is divided enough don't you think? Why doesn't it matter to you?

Because blm is such a tiny minority of the black community.
Just as what white supremacists think about spending their money in white only businesses, which they do. Doesnt matter to me.
When either of those movements do things that are violent, affecting others freedoms, that is when i choose to be concerned.

@Carla Because blm is such a tiny minority of the black community. Just as what white supremacists think about spending...

Hadn't heard much from BLM until Budwick posted this. I think it is the fear mongering of the right that pushes this nonsense.

@VicZinc Hadn't heard much from BLM until Budwick posted this. I think it is the fear mongering of the right that pushes...

No, of course you haven't. It's that selective hearing of yours. Turns out that NFL kneeling crap and Black Xmas are BLM projects.

You're welcome!

@Budwick No, of course you haven't. It's that selective hearing of yours. Turns out that NFL kneeling crap and Black Xmas...

Fox news is the only ones pretending this a is a big deal, while you and your fear mongers sit on your couches wringing your hands and wishing that the world was all one color and one flavor and one scent. The rest of us with real morals are out here holding hands and singing

//"Fah Who foraze, Dah Who doraze
Welcome, Christmas, Christmas Day"//

@VicZinc Fox news is the only ones pretending this a is a big deal, while you and your fear mongers sit on your couches...

I didn't know FOX covered the story.
And leftists are the only ones claiming it doesn't matter that blacks are pushing segregation.

And Vic, I'm not sure what you have, but it's not morals.

By the way - you can't sing here - you need a permit. And, you can not get a permit to sing Christmas songs - offensive, you know. And, you gotta keep the noise level down so no one can hear you. But other than that - happy holiday!

That tiny minority has created an awful lot of damage. And, they seem to have influence over people that may not be as bright as you.

I encourage you to take an interest. Your public dismissal of the BLM movement may have more influence than you could imagine!

@Budwick That tiny minority has created an awful lot of damage. And, they seem to have influence over people that may not...

This damage that you speak of is amplified by a far right media.
They make noise, just like the alt right.

And really bud, no one really cares what i think....

@Carla This damage that you speak of is amplified by a far right media. They make noise, just like the alt right. And...

Reality doesn't require amplification. Thanks for the property damages, Black Lives Matter activists. By some estimates, the city of Baltimore suffered between $9 million to $20 million in damages after riots and looting devastated their downtown area. Ferguson, Missouri saw at least $5.7 million in damages. That amounts to property damages between $14.7 million to $25.7 million.

No estimates, so far, related to how much in property damage has been done in downtown Charlotte, North Carolina.

That's a lot of noise Carla! And, I care what you think, so do many others.

@2701404

I guess I should have been more explicit. I meant SINCE the 1800's.

@2701111

Love that music.
Could have sworn it was Trans Siberian Orchestra though.

@2701363

Very funny!
Last year I went to a TSO concert. They covered Metallica very well!

@Anonymousmouse pretty sure it is trans siberian orchestra

Yes, I know. Gun and I had a chuckle over the mistake too.

@2701111

here is another black metal christmas song for ya

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse What a great idea! -1Reply

We don't have a lot of racial diversity, in my hometown there were literally 2
diverse families one black and one asian and that was it.

@Budwick And, I'm just guessing that these families were treated just like everybody elses - Amirite?

Yep, both of them were in my school but they were older. their names were Ki and Donald.

@Budwick Bless you, Ki, Donald and your hometown! Why can't it be that way everywhere?

Well, white Americans aren't the only ones that are blamed for the sins of their forefathers, in Bulgaria people with Turkish ancestry are very hated by some people because of what the Ottoman empire did 500 years ago.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Well, white Americans aren't the only ones that are blamed for the sins of their forefathers, in Bulgaria people...

Wow, 500 years! That's quite a grudge.
The blacks here I think have pretty much given up on the 150 old bitch over slavery. They claim to be oppressed today. I would be sympathetic if it were true.

@Budwick Sometimes don't even need a reason.

Just a justification, then get a mass of people behind you and no matter what stupid things are thought of they will still sound reasonable to them.

OK so we all have a cause I always pick a female dr. and if I know a company is from Maine I pick that brand. But buying only black owned companies would leave them buying such a small variety of products, they would feel deprived. But go ahead and do that if you want guys.

I might just only shop at places that have no black employees. After all using blm logic that would not be racist right?