Post a song with Mmmbop in the title. I actually like that song but, no. Post a song that's made you cry. If you haven't had that experience, your friends on the site swore to thrash you with an overripe banana, so work something up. Thanks :)

Seriously?

Image for post Post a song with Mmmbop in the title. I actually like that song but, no. Post a song that's made you cry. If you haven't had that experience, your friends on the site swore to thrash you with an overripe banana, so work something up. Thanks :)
PartyOfOnes avatar
11 39

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@Piper2 <iframe width="640" height="360" src="ameborder="0" gesture="media"...

Piper, thanks for posting the video :) If you wouldn't mind my asking: what was in the song that especially evoked a tear or two? I went to the lyrics for help in understanding but, admittedly, I suck at that :(

@PartyOfOne Piper, thanks for posting the video :) If you wouldn't mind my asking: what was in the song that especially evoked...

Just maybe, I know something about falling behind, and this definitely ain't no place for the weary kind...

Our song .... my daughter and me.

@JanHaskell Our song .... my daughter and me.

Thanks for posting, Jan... I'm glad that you did :)

I can imagine you've had many cherished moments with your daughter, and several tearful ones. I'll gladly join you and Helen Reddy in one of those in-between times.

I love the image of the woman and baby at the beginning of the video, big time :D

Females dying does it to me... no clue why.

@2701216

I didn't shed a tear, this time, but it did give me a chill through part of it. I live in a very small city and we have plenty of scenes similar to what was in the video... a lot of good "down home" people have met an end to a life they felt might've been endless.

If you wouldn't mind my asking: was it the song and visual alone that struck the tender chord?

Thanks, so very much, for taking part in my post. Though my thanks to you might seem carbon copy, the sentiment is genuine :D

@2701233

I regret your husband's loss of life and your loss of him, truly. I've had similar reactions over the loss of siblings, parents, and wife.

Thanks, once again, for sharing as you have - I appreciate your trust in me with such a delicate personal issue.

@2701216

Why thank you young lady - listening to it as I type ;)

Right now I can only remember a song called "Eternal Snow", from an Anime called "Full Moon Wo Sagashite".

The lyrics is pretty sad.

(It's in Japanese but the video below has an English translation.)

@primeiro Right now I can only remember a song called "Eternal Snow", from an Anime called "Full Moon Wo Sagashite". The...

Hello, Paulo :) I'll admit that the lyrics played a big part in why my eyes misted over, my nose started to run, and my throat was a lump that held something back... maybe words. To be honest - and maybe this isn't for me to assume - I felt, at some point, this could have been coming from our friend once you'd met. I had great hopes for you and her so, yeah, the lyrics struck a chord of sadness :) I wanted, for you, the happiness that you had with her, and I wanted the same sense of happiness for her with you. For me, that would have felt like winning the lottery ;)

Thanks, very much, for posting the music video and the misty eyes - we'll call that my fault, lol :) Best wishes, my friend.

@PartyOfOne Hello, Paulo :) I'll admit that the lyrics played a big part in why my eyes misted over, my nose started to run...

Oh, wow... ...I'm touched! Thank you for your amazingly thoughtful words - I really appreciate it.
I'm really touched...
But please don't feel sad.
Yes, it sucks that it didn't work out, and it does make me feel sad and frustrated. But, as I said, please don't feel sad. At some point, it became clear that it just wouldn't work out between me and her. Today I understand that better, and I'm pretty sure she also understands that. In fact, she realized that before me. Way before, I think.
I still think about her. I hope she is pursuing her dreams and that she is able to find what makes her happy. A bit after the break up, when we still had contact, I would poll her to know how she is doing, and she would say that she was fine. Now, I don't have any contact with her anymore, and I very often wish I could know, for certain, how she is doing right now. But I know from experience that she is a strong person, and I feel that she is doing her best to find what she wants. I don't really have any reason to think otherwise, and I don't think you should have any reason to be pessimistic either.
Neither of us can know for sure, but we can hope, at least.
Thank you again for the kindness, Marc. And best wishes to you too. :)

@primeiro Oh, wow... ...I'm touched! Thank you for your amazingly thoughtful words - I really appreciate it. I'm really...

I know there'll be little reminders that will pop up on their own but, yes, I won't dwell on the negative as it does no good ;) Now I'm off to eat an amazing peanut butter and jam sandwich - woohoo :)

@StarzAbove

The song's been one of my favorites for years. The title hints at a sad situation but the vocal and instrumental balance out the song nicely... she has a beautiful voice. If you won't mind my asking, was it the song, or the memory of something beyond the song, that brought forth a tear or two?

@StarzAbove

Thanks for posting the two songs, Starz - I appreciate your input :D

@2701281

I thought the eagles were terrific back in the 70's, funny to see what they looked like pce smilie

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I thought the eagles were terrific back in the 70's, funny to see what they looked like

They were a hot item for many. I vaguely remember liking two or three of their songs, especially, but I can't remember the titles :)

@PartyOfOne They were a hot item for many. I vaguely remember liking two or three of their songs, especially, but I can't...

Hotel California. Take it to the limit
, I can't remember and that record LP sleeve is gone, I usually listened to them in my car on an old 8 track player in my 1971 Ford Mustang. Good old days those were, if only I had know how to take advantage of it all at the time.

@2701281

Losing a love interest when, in the beginning, you both planned for the best, must have been a grand disappointment. You have my sincerest regret that you suffered anything less than what you hoped for.

If I recall correctly, that picture s from the Where's the Love video

@Trish The picture of Hanson above.

Oh, lol - I forgot it was there :D I'm going to go with you're right because my memory of what's gone on where with celebrities is really lacking.

I used to wanna do every person in hanson then they cut their hair :(

In memory of my mama.

@Lil_Princess In memory of my mama.

That was certainly a beautiful tribute, likely worthy of all she's been for you, meant to you. Thanks for posting that song. I've put that in my youtube favorites. Thank you :)

Shame on those bad boys - there oughta be a law! :)

Please login or signup to leave a comment.