When Will The Avalanche Of Sexual Abuse Disclosure Stop?

Color me cynical - all these sudden accusations, training people to skip over due process, sudden realization that abusing women is a bad thing - has nothing at all to do with morality. Hollywood casting couches still selling briskly, geeky politicians still couldn't get laid on their merit, starstruck fans and hopeful corporate climbers are ready to sacrifice their dignity to get ahead.

Image for post When Will The Avalanche Of Sexual Abuse Disclosure Stop?
10% Tuesday, December 12 - When Moore either wins or loses 10% Never! America has turned over new leaf! 80% Other
Budwicks avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 27

I will color you cynical. Leave it to you to doubt womens accounts.
There will always be prostitutes. Giving it to get it, in all sectors of life.
But those that think they can take it or pressure people to give it, may now think before they act.
Due process in these matters has always been a crap shoot. Those that take know better than to allow witness to their actions. He said, she said. Or whatever variation is applicable. Going up against wealthy and powerful people has been, in the past, a huge obstacle to overcome.
And maybe morality isnt what is the main issue. Maybe it's just being able to work in a non hostile environment. Men who treat women like nothing more than play toys lack common decency. Plain and simple.

@Carla I will color you cynical. Leave it to you to doubt womens accounts. There will always be prostitutes. Giving it to...

Carla, where exactly did you read that I doubt the women's account? Because of my insistence for due process? Apples and oranges - don't ya think?

I believe you have wrongly accused ME! Tried me in the court of Carla, and pronounced judgement!

Due process is a crap shoot? I see. So, lynch mobs are your choice?

By the way - have you seen that story about one of Roy Moore's accusers admitting to forging documents? Oops - I hope you hadn't opened the trap door on the gallows yet!

While you and Mona were telling each other how great you both are on another post, you might have missed something I had posted about women.

*** Except from another post **
Well, I think more women will be elected to office - or at least run for office. Democrats are signalling to make 2018 the year of the woman [sorry black people - you had a good run.] But, running women for office is the knee jerk reaction as a slew of powerful men get exposed for their mistreatment of women.

By the way, powerful men getting ... action on the side is nothing new. People knowing that powerful men getting action on the side is nothing new. REPORTING that powerful men getting action on the side IS new.

Let's all think hard why that could be. Hmmm, it's been going on, well forever. Women report, almost all of them, that they've experienced inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace - forever! So why is it being reported on now? Could it be Alabama's pending election results? You know, drag a few martyrs that no one liked anyway to the gallows without due process so when they do the same thing to Roy Moore, it will look more natural - like that's the way we do things.

But, I digress. I DO think we could all benefit with more women taking office. Lord knows men have managed to phuck things up for a good long time. I hope the female candidates are qualified, honest and pro-America.

*** End of excerpt ****

Despite your dislike for me and my thoughts Carla, I'm actually very pro-woman. I just don't think all this exposing of powerful pervs has anything to do with pro-woman stuff. It's simply exposing crap that should have been exposed a long, long time ago. It was hidden for a long time for financial and political reasons. It's being exposed now for the same financial and political reasons.

@Carla The only part of that excerpt that was pro anything was the last paragraph.

Again - Carla, where exactly did you read that I doubt the women's account?

@Budwick Again - Carla, where exactly did you read that I doubt the women's account?

When you say you are cynical, that means you dont trust them. Or you doubt their motives.
If you still support anyone who is in, or is running for office that have many beleivable accusors, i question your values.

@Carla When you say you are cynical, that means you dont trust them. Or you doubt their motives. If you still support...

Actually, I explained my cynicism in my explanation. It nothing at all to with belief of disbelief of the accusers or the accused.

The whole premise of this post centers on the sudden nature of all these sexual impropriety and my doubt that all the 'concern' has anything to do with a sudden surge of morality.

You know, if you read between the lines of others you regularly disagree with to find stuff that was't said or intended, it's no wonder you would have a distorted view of reality. Just like much of the press!

On most things you are wrapped pretty tight - but when it comes to politics, you don't seem as objective. IMO

@Budwick Carla, where exactly did you read that I doubt the women's account? Because of my insistence for due process?...

I just said,the same thing to my husband today.
They wait like 30 yrs.to say something.Makes one wonder.

No time soon, I'm guessing. Both women and men are obviously feeling less hesitant to speak out about the sexual sort of misconduct or abuse they've experienced.
The problem is, of course, just which ones to believe. Is it a personal or political vendetta, an exaggeration, or a very real incidence or incidences that was not excusable in any way. I know for sure, that the latter is something many women have experienced.

Many of these accusations, clearly have nothing to do Roy Moore. :/

@Piper2 No time soon, I'm guessing. Both women and men are obviously feeling less hesitant to speak out about the sexual...

Better than having them something to do with Roger Moore.

I don't find corpses that active, in this department. Usually.

Piper, you're probably a very nice person - so don't get me wrong - but don't you find it a teensy bit peculiar that all these accusations suddenly come out about the same time as Roy Moore's hanging, er accusation? And, that if Moore were to lose, that the balance of the Senate would tip in the democrat favor?

Let's not forget Piper, that sexual misconduct in the workplace is as old as the workplace itself! And women almost universally report that they have been mistreated at some level or another.

So, why all these high profile exposures now? Nothing strange about that?

@Budwick Piper, you're probably a very nice person - so don't get me wrong - but don't you find it a teensy bit peculiar...

Why yes, I probably am. No, not really. I've always found allegations against political candidates to be especially questionable, Budwick. The reasons for sexual allegations against a candidate or sitting politician to be exaggerated or contrived are certainly obvious.
I do think this current "avalanche" of sexual abuse disclosure has been building up for a long time, though. No, I do not think it has much to do with that jerk nice old guy running for Senate in Alabama.

Oh, I wouldn't be forgetting about that, Bud, and yeah, most women I know have experienced varying degrees of "mistreatment". From being extremely condescended to, to being subject to a very inappropriate physical sort of 'violation'.

There have been many "high profile" disclosures of sexual misconduct going on for years now. Yes, I find some of them a little strange.

@2701397

Do otters count?

When the hush money stops.

@ZonkeyBalls I could take some...

So would I, but none of my sexual escapades have no financial gains.

@Azlotto So would I, but none of my sexual escapades have no financial gains.

And I have a smaller dick than they expect, so we are officially screwed, even when we aren't officially scr... Wait, that was a weird sentence.

It's obvious to me that the endgame of America's new found sexual assault hysteria is to demand Trump's resignation over the allegations that have been made against him. The establishment is happy to throw away a few pawns if it means they can take out the king.

The reward is never worth the effort.

RichyTheNightshitters avatar RichyTheNightshitter Never! America has turned over new leaf! 0Reply

The recent upsurge of sexual harassment accusations didn't really start with Mr. Moore. I'm thinking about Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly to name a few.

Like most things there's probably several contributing factors. Here are a few guesses..

The accusers are being treated a little better these days. From what I've read, years ago a senate panel treated Anita Hill with disrespect and even contempt. That wouldn't fly today.

Also recently some of the accusers have been Hollywood celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow. Paltrow and other celebrities' actions may have emboldened others to come forward now.

I'm totally with you on the lack of due process. Politicians and celebrities are tried in the court of public opinion. That is troubling.

When they aren't getting free publicity out of it and are held accountable if they are lying.

Anonymous