Is this picture disrespectful of the flag?

I personally do not find this photograph disrespectful - it actually looks rather patriotic to me - but I'm not from a military family and I know of no relative of mine that ever fought in a war. Dumb luck I guess.

Is photo of baby in flag patriotic or disgraceful? | Fox NewsA picture of a newborn being cradled in Old Glory has put a Virginia photographer in a flag flap over whether the image is patriotic or disgraceful.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/12/is-photo-baby-in-flag-patriotic-or-disgraceful.htmlImage for post Is this picture disrespectful of the flag?
12% Yes 80% No 8% Other
PhilboydStudges avatar People & Celebrities
8 31

On the contrary ... the symbolism seems very patriotic to me.

It's pro-flag and symbolic of military patriotism.

@2701559

I thought that was the Canadian flag...

@2701623

I guess the Canadian version of Dancing with the Stars is named Dancing with the Stripes...

@2701760

Dancing with Maple Syrup in Your Pants.

Everybody will have to do at least one Marky Mark song.

No it's not disrespectful. The symbolism is powerful and respectful of human life, the flag, USA and military. I like the picture a lot.

Not disrespectful at all, it's a rather sweet photo.

Not to me, and I did grow up in a military family. It is not 'proper etiquette' according to the Flag Code, but I personally find it far from disrespectful.

"The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything."

Flags are for flying not to be rolled up or touched. Maybe it was an emergency, that would be ok as some things like saving a life are more important than cloth.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Flags are for flying not to be rolled up or touched. Maybe it was an emergency, that would be ok as some things...

How about having to take an emergency dump and there weren't any toilet rolls around? A flag can always be washed in a machine.

@JerryHendrickson Sacrifice a sock.

I don't wear any. Should I carry them on me, just in case?

@ZonkeyBalls I don't wear any. Should I carry them on me, just in case?

Considering that you probably don't march around everywhere waving an American flag, it probably doesn't make a difference. Use a rock or a stick.

@2701811

Wow. That looks like it was a nice flag, too.

I'm not sure what kind of flags my wife buys or what fabric they're made of, but they fade long before any gale-force winds come along.

I don't find it disrespectful and I come from a very military family.
I think it says all that is beautiful about our flag.

I find it patriotic, and quite darling to boot! :-)

@2701905

From what I understand that was a Navy sailor. Thanks for the comment.

I don't think so.

Anonymous