+3

Republicans cross party lines in red conservative Alabama to do the right thing and elect Democrat Doug Jones. Don't you wish the other major party could be as open minded?

Image for post Republicans cross party lines in red conservative Alabama to do the right thing and elect Democrat Doug Jones. Don't you wish the other major party could be as open minded?
RichyTheNightshitters avatar Politics
3 60

Come on....
A larger number of african americans turned out then during obamas election. Trump, bannon and the rnc backed him. Almost 50% of the vote went to moore. I think you're patting the wrong backs.

@Carla Come on.... A larger number of african americans turned out then during obamas election. Trump, bannon and the rnc...

The Republicans had nothing to do with the vote, did they? It was the Democrats that rose to the occasion to see that the pervert wasn't elected to the Senate.

@Carla You have to admit... with republicans writing in votes, moore got "perot'ed".

There weren't very many "write in" votes according to the news. I'm sure the "orange" one is blaming someone else about the loss rather than himself. lol

Yes...im sure some did. But...democtrats came out yesterday.
I believe this wave will continue into the next election cycle.
There is one more very powerful, incompetent person to stifle.

@2703426

Garbage is right Mona, you nailed it.

@2703430

An oldie that keeps coming back, although permanently DA'd many times, he can't take the hint. He won't last long, ne never does.

@2703435

A bad penny with no life.

@2703446

Trump lies all the time, he's not as rich as he wants people to believe. Melania does deserve a sympathy card for marrying that nasty old fart.

@2703430

Here we see exactly why new people don't want to post questions. If a new person makes a point that some don't like, or is winning a debate, regulars accuse her or him of being someone from the past.

@2703426

Excuse, support, subjugate themselves to. Hmmm...wonder why that is??

Republicans ran a crappy candidate.
Democrats dug up dirt which is decades old and suspect.
The republican elites erred by trying to force another swamp mate on us in the primary.
It's not surprising that republicans lost this one.
Given the baggage that Moore had pinned on him three weeks ago by the media, we're probably fortunate Moore didn't get elected.

@Budwick Republicans ran a crappy candidate. Democrats dug up dirt which is decades old and suspect. The republican elites...

What about his view that the laws of the bible should be the laws of the land?
Anything past the tenth amendment should be repealed?
No muslim should be able to serve in office? Homosexual behavior should be illegal?
Hell yes we are fortunate he didnt win.

@Budwick Shall I open a vein for you Carla? I said he was a crappy candidate.

I get it, bud. But you point to sexual accusations, which likely was the dagger.
But, really, without that, would you have agreed with his views?

@Budwick No.

I am glad to hear that.

@Carla I am glad to hear that.

Carla's acceptance!
It's good to be alive!

@Budwick Carla's acceptance! It's good to be alive!

I've been wondering how to get along with these people. Just agree with her. clap smilie I have learned.

@RichyTheNightshitter I've been wondering how to get along with these people. Just agree with her. I have learned.

These people?

First off, Carla is not a typical lefty. She certainly has progressive ideas and she and I disagree mightily at times. But, I know too that she is a good and well reasoned person. She will listen and consider. Now, I've never gotten her to go with me to a Tea Party rally, but I know I can count on a good debate with her. So, know your audience is number one.

Be honest. The truth is Richy, Moore was not a good candidate. Way too many flaws - even take away all that 40 year old accusation crap. Moore was several fries short of a happy meal. Strong conservatives in Alabama I think made a strategic error in pushing Moore over the finish lime in the primary. They didn't like the other guy cuz they felt like the establishment had that guy by the nuts. Doing that when the remaining candidate is bat shit crazy was not a good political move. So now, instead of a guy that may be tied to the establishment republicans, we have a democrat ready to push a left wing agenda. I blame Alabama republicans. And, I wouldn't tarnish my personal reputation by telling Carla anything but the truth - Moore was a crappy candidate and I don't subscribe to many of his loony ideas.

Richy, the things we say and do here are not likely going to change the world. Obviously, we all want to influence a little bit. In order to do that, I think we need to garner the respect of not only our friends, but also out political opponents. Actually them most of all! We don't NEED to influence the people that already agree with us. So, measuring our words, knowing when to raise a white flag, crack a joke, give a hug and even concede a point is important too. Firing all your guns at once [Steppenwolf] is fine as an escape or surprise attack I suppose - but it's not sustainable, and you'll have difficulty getting people to engage in the future. This site has some good examples of that, thankfully most are on the left, most but not all have me blocked - we'll never be able to discuss again. And, what good is that?

Does that help?

@Carla What about his view that the laws of the bible should be the laws of the land? Anything past the tenth amendment...

all are the views of a deranged sick man, we know what that type runs with. The lowest roaches of this land who's political beliefs are designed like a sharpened knife to stab others rather than help

@TomboyJanet all are the views of a deranged sick man, we know what that type runs with. The lowest roaches of this land who's...

Almost 50% of the vote went to him. So much support from so, so many.
Makes you wonder....makes me wonder..

@Carla Almost 50% of the vote went to him. So much support from so, so many. Makes you wonder....makes me wonder..

Striking a blow for the world's true victims....rapists!! Yeah thats the ticket!

smh no smilie

@TomboyJanet Striking a blow for the world's true victims....rapists!! Yeah thats the ticket! smh

I have been shaking my head so much this past year, janet.
I will never get used to what people will let go for the sake of a win.
Or how so many carry so much hatred for "others".
Being online certainly strips away the illussion of tolerance.
So...shaking my head...still...

@TomboyJanet Ikr. When did it be controversial to just be a good person

I dont know, janet...
I reckon most believe their ideas of right, wrong, good, bad, are the correct ones.

Republican voters did the right thing, unlike the other guys who tried to elect a crook, a liar, and a mentally ill pedophile-ess for President.

@RichyTheNightshitter Republican voters did the right thing, unlike the other guys who tried to elect a crook, a liar, and a mentally ill...

Do you any even one remotely believable or credible source or claim, that someone the other guys tried to elect is a "pedophile-ess"?

@Piper2 Do you any even one remotely believable or credible source or claim, that someone the other guys tried...

I'M a credible source, and that's all that matters.
But to answer your question,

A "credible" source to who? YOU? hehe smilie Don't be silly. That would be impossible, so why bother? Unless, of course, Queen Saint Hillary said so herself, and she ain't gonna do that.
However, there are documentaries with claims from Arkansas State Troopers and other law enforcement officials, including at least one FBI agent that hint, allege, and even accuse that Bill Clinton was not the only one living in the Governor's Mansion that had underage girls as young as 15 brought in for fun & frolic.
Do I believe it? Not really, but who knows? The Clintons are a sick, sleazy bunch.

@RichyTheNightshitter I'M a credible source, and that's all that matters. But to answer your question, A "credible" source to who?...

"Documentaries"? Okay. I know that both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump did admittedly hang out with a very wealthy man who served time for the "sex-trafficking" of young women. So did many other high-profile folks.

"Queen Saint Hillary" ? Wow...flip smilie

It is not unusual, for a registered Democrat to "cross party lines" in their voting choices.

I'm not sure how many Republicans crossed party lines, but it would be encouraging if a significant number did.

I agree that voters should be less loyal to either party.

When was the last time you saw a third party candidate at a presidential debate? That's because the CDP, which is sponsored by the two major parties, decided who gets invited.

The two parties essentially limit our choices to one Democrat and one Republican. I don't know why we allow this to happen.