Is this a good way to save endangered animals?

I always feel for animals being butchured for a horn or a tusk. This link shows a way people are trying to put an end to oriental lust for these horns.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/bi...aching/208292/

Image for post Is this a good way to save endangered  animals?
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Animals & Nature
11 28

I'm all about saving animals. I'm not hopeful for trying to introduce a look a like substitute though.

World wide, vicious disdain for ass holes bent on killing innocent, beautiful animals might work. Same treatment for those that sport fur coats, alligator shoes, peacock feathered hats, jewelry and trinkets with ivory. Give 'em no mercy - just loud disdain. For the murderers themselves, personally, I'd feed 'em to the hyenas, so maybe let calmer people figure that out.

Any effort is a good effort. The only problem with creating something fake is it might drive up the price for the real thing. Making poachers risk more for their prize.

I don't know, but it's surely an interesting experiment in the quest to stop the sickening slaughter.

This was one of the more interesting posts I've seen here in a while. While I don't know if the idea will work (And I hope it does), the implication of creating artificial yet "real" products is fascinating. I think the key to this will be in keeping the price "close" but just under, the black market price for the real thing to maintain the illusion of the buyer getting what they want, while making it easier to get. The high risk for poachers will remain the same and hopefully, the profit margin will go down to the point where it isn't worth the risk anymore.

Put big guys with big guns near them that shoot any trespassers on sight

@Sunny_the_skeptic Put big guys with big guns near them that shoot any trespassers on sight

Some places do that, humans always more concerned with themselves growing chopping and destroying the land see these wonders as pest more than anything else. I would like to be a guard for them.

YES let us hope that will happen. Greedy things will gobble it up - if only they could poison it all and do away with the buyers
chew smilie

@2703847

OH YES humans need to just be gone. I expect humans will kill themselves off within the next thousand years. Hopefully all fly to mars and leave the world to the animals after all.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OH YES humans need to just be gone. I expect humans will kill themselves off within the next thousand years...

My son had a friend who created a list in HS of all the people he was going to take to the moon with him when he blew up the world.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Kinda spooky for a kid to think that way.

Tell me about it. My son met him in college years later..<s> (One of those kids who did calculus for fun.) He turned out pretty good though. He was from a tiny town.

Not sure.

Despite the fact that it's now possible to make truly great looking fake fur, people still use tiger, leopard, and many others, for coats, rugs, throws, and upholstery.

Ditto crocodile and snakeskin for handbags, shoes, belts, etc...

Yes Chris, we no longer have the need for animal skins to keep warm. I can't even touch animal skins as in a coat it makes me all itchy, it is very messy also, hairs falling out and such. hug smilie

I consider it murder.

@RichyTheNightshitter I consider it murder.

Yes it is, those big animals have brains feelings and if we understood them they could be considered as beings rather than animals

Bud I agree there seems to be no end to the killing. Those countries that want the horns are not under our control, they are still killing whales for god's sake. Personally I have no hatred of the Orientals/Asians, even though my dad hated them for WW2 crimes. Yet I am finding I do not like them at all because of their lust for killing animals.