Do you respect or pity Virgins who stay virgins for a long time?

Image for post Do you respect or pity Virgins who stay virgins for a long time?
38% respect 10% Pity 52% Other
TomboyJanets avatar People & Celebrities
8 87

It's a personal decision and I respect their right to choose.

It's a personal choice.Respect

@2703830

I can c that. But I'm just really janety so just gotta be me! :P

Jeez Janet - how old do you suppose that kid is you have pictured there in her underwear? 12? 13? You DO have boundaries, right?

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +6Reply
@dru18 That's a good point, Budwick. Why use a child's image.

Image symbolizes innocence and virginity not lust

@TomboyJanet Image symbolizes innocence and virginity not lust

Yeah, on a post that is knocking those traits down.

@dru18 Yeah, on a post that is knocking those traits down.

It's up to you to decide weather those traits are honorable or not.... that is the question is it not? I just have my own opinion but it's not really about me is it? It's about you guys, that's why I posted It, I wanna know! If I didn't care I'd have not posted it!

@Budwick Well, you got my opinion didn't you? Leave the children alone!

Thank you Budwick, I agree, kids images have no place on this post. Get someone out of puberty.

@BarbOBarr Thank you Budwick, I agree, kids images have no place on this post. Get someone out of puberty.

I appreciate your support Barb.
I don't want to piss Janet off either. I'm glad to see her back and posting - but the kiddie pic on a post promoting the loss of virginity is over the edge for me.

Thanks again.

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +2Reply
@BarbOBarr I'm tired of the sexual misconduct being so blurry. This post says it all.

I'm just glad someone else gets it!
I really don't understand the attempted defense...

Again, thank you, and have a Merry Christmas!

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +2Reply
@Budwick I'm just glad someone else gets it! I really don't understand the attempted defense... Again, thank you, and have...

You too Budwick. I'm not on much. I've been busy promoting my books. Christmas is a very busy time. I hope you and you're family enjoy the holidays and have a great new year😊

@TomboyJanet It's up to you to decide weather those traits are honorable or not.... that is the question is it not? I just have...

As I stated below, I don't sit around thinking about it, one way or the other. I put it in the category labeled 'none of my business'.

And their are plenty of images out there that represent "innocence" and doesn't involve a pre-teen girl in her bra.

@Budwick Jeez Janet - how old do you suppose that kid is you have pictured there in her underwear? 12? 13? You DO have...

The image represents virginhood not sexuality, how can you take an image of innocence to mean the exact opposite of how I intended it?

@TomboyJanet The image represents virginhood not sexuality, how can you take an image of innocence to mean the exact opposite of...

Maybe it was your comment mocking virginity.

There are millions of images available - you selected one of a child. That's on you Janet - not me, not Dru.

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +5Reply
@2704166

OK, my original complaint was about the child pictured in the headline. It's not complicated Ser.
Using undressed children as a prop to promote promiscuity is in my opinion at least unsavory and borderline pornographic.

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +3Reply
@2704179

We're done Ser. You think using kids to promote sex is a good idea. I don't.

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +3Reply
@2704188

Your picture does not show up for me, but perhaps it's not sinking in with you - I'm done defending decency with you.

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +3Reply
@2704196

Congratulations! You've got that condescension thing down pat!

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +3Reply
@2703840

And this post is all about tossing their virginity in the trash, being mocked. We're not selling teen clothing here.

I don't get it Ser. Women, everyone really has recently been getting all wound up over sexual impropriety - and here were are pushing the idea of promiscuity! You don't see a disconnect here?

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +3Reply
@2704164

I don't know 'Janny' well enough to call her Janny. I do know that she is a huge booster of women and womens rights. Everyone here knows that she was raped - so I'm sure she's sensitive to the abuse of women at any age.

Janny's opening comment -
"Sex is fun why you missin out? I also mercilessly tease anyone who wants to stay celibate so yeah :P If you want to get a lot of attention from me take an oath of celibacy!"
reads with a different tone than your own understanding of the post.

"This is about Men & Women like my/mums friend Sue who was in her 40's and still a Virgin NOT about YOUNG GIRLS tossing their Virginity away."

Top that off with a picture of a undressed child that might get me arrested if found on my computer.

I'm not asking anyone to change the picture. I'm not asking anyone to remove the post. I'm not asking anyone to stop bullying virgins. I've posted my opinion about what I see as a huge disservice to children.

I get it - you think using the undressed child is OK - you don't see any conflict between that and theme of the post itself. You've made your point.

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +4Reply

Why wouldn't anyone for respect a woman who stands by her own convictions and decisions? I guess a flip-side question would be, do you respect or pity a woman who has had multiple sex partners? Does it really matter? Not to me.

@JustJimColo Why wouldn't anyone for respect a woman who stands by her own convictions and decisions? I guess a flip-side...

For some reason women getting laid is stigmatized but the way I feel about us men is that virginity is a horrible curse of loneliness, very few men would choose to be virgins or merely say that because they haven't got another choice.

@Sunny_the_skeptic For some reason women getting laid is stigmatized but the way I feel about us men is that virginity is a horrible...

Virginity and a life of celibacy wasn't for me. While I have to admire those who chose it, I feel sorry for those who are living it because they have no other choice.

Their choices don’t affect me, so respect it is.

Mashas avatar Masha respect +5Reply

I respect people who make decisions based on what is best for them regardless of what others think.

I really don't think about it one way or the other.

Sex is fun why you missin out? I also mercilessly tease anyone who wants to stay celibate so yeah :P If you want to get a lot of attention from me take an oath of celibacy!

@TomboyJanet Sex is fun why you missin out? I also mercilessly tease anyone who wants to stay celibate so yeah :P If you want to...

Why would you "mercilessly tease" someone for taking an oath of celibacy?

And why would you think it's okay for you to give him or her "a lot of attention" regarding a private decision?

And why do you even care?

think smilie

@2703832

my thoughts exactly. I think some people might be afraid especially after a certain age that they'll fail and be looked at negatively.

@2703836

hehehe She just needed a little push and a tie!

@2703844

My girlfriend was one.

@2703859

I was a virgin too then so it was kinda mutual, we were both unexperienced.

@2703962

I think there is a charm in both of the people being ignorant of the other's body, makes exploring and play more fun.

The people who're virgins because they never got lucky I truly pity, it's no matter of haha you haven't gotten a girl yet, it's truly painful. When you're a virgin for a long time you get depressed not about sex but that no one wants you.

Judge much do ya...

I respect someone who wants to share such an intimate moment with someone special.

Not my business nor my place to pass any judgement.

🦋

I don't worry about them. That is a thing each person needs to decide when

That's their business.

The reasons they'd make their choices are multitudinous - neither way is a wrong way.

I would not of course know, what you consider a "long time". I see nothing to mock or tease though, about someone choosing to abstain from sex, for however long it is.
I respect their choice to do so, and do not "pity" them.

Couples who do not have sex before marriage have happier more stable relationships and a more rewarding sex life, according to a new study.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news...dy-claims.html

But, it feel s good now, so screw that, Amirite? [sarcasm]

Budwicks avatar Budwick respect +1Reply

It's a personal choice. There is not a "right" or "wrong" in this scenario.
As long as you're not hurting anyone in the process, then do what you feel best.

I'm still virgin myself. I don't think it should be a reason for either admiration or pitying.

Anonymous