0

We're Still Learning The Extent Of The Damage Done To The USA By Barack Obama

In its determination to secure a nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States

Read the astounding story on Politico see the link on this page.

The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hookPOLITICO Investigation: An ambitious U.S. task force targeting Hezbollah's billion-dollar criminal enterprise ran headlong into the White House's desire for a nuclear deal with Iranhttps://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/
Budwicks avatar Countries & Places
7 21

It will be years before we know all the damage done by the Obama adm - if we ever know it all - which I doubt.

This is one of the problems with trying to build a legacy. Giving whatever it takes to get the deal done almost always brings a higher price to pay in unintended results. The same think happened with healthcare. JMHO

Man wasn't a saint. I believe he did do the best he can in most situations though. But to be honest, I don't really support the war on drugs. Situations like this would be much less of an issue if drugs were legal

@TomboyJanet Man wasn't a saint. I believe he did do the best he can in most situations though. But to be honest, I don't really...

I understand, but of course drugs aren't legal - particularly cocaine, heroin. And, if we suppose that Obama felt like you, that the war on drugs shouldn't be supported, maybe a better way would have been to present his case upfront, get a law passed, or even an executive order - we know he knew how to do that. But instead he has our intelligence agencies look the other way while Hezbollah bring untold amounts of cocaine into the country - to bolster his position in dealing with the terrorist state of Iran.

Janet - I simply can not find the bright side of this coin.

@Budwick I understand, but of course drugs aren't legal - particularly cocaine, heroin. And, if we suppose that Obama felt...

There really isn't one. But there isn't always gonna be one. I still prefer him to trump and W overall.

@TomboyJanet There really isn't one. But there isn't always gonna be one. I still prefer him to trump and W overall.

Well, of course you do. Tow the party line!
Of course , this incident, scandal has nothing at all to with Trump or B. It's all Obama.

@Budwick Well, of course you do. Tow the party line! Of course , this incident, scandal has nothing at all to with Trump or...

I just support politicians who don't want to pollute, leave other people's rights up to the vote, or give more money to wall street

@TomboyJanet I just support politicians who don't want to pollute, leave other people's rights up to the vote, or give more...

Well, you got me Janet! Cuz, I'm all about polluting the environment. Yep, the more crap we can spread around the better. That's what we built the Tea Party platform on you know - that and killing babies, starving old people to death with a bit of promoting abuse of women, and of course shooting minorities on sight!

[For thick headed readers, that was sarcasm] [Not you Janet - I know you got it.]

@2705503

Thibault, please pass the hitter; that must be some good shit!

Obama was not 'the US government'., He was the president. I know HE thought he was the whole thing - but he never was.

For Obama to order our people to stand down and allow, even assist in the delivery of cocaine and heroin isn't just out of the ordinary - It's inexplicable and indefensible.

How many dollars and man hours are spent to defeat this very kind of illegal activity? How many lives are destroyed as a result? Is it coincidence that we're in the midst of a heroin epidemic in the USA?

At some point Thibault, I think you may want to reevaluate your allegiance to this man - Obama. [Or your allegiance to USA.]

I wonder what the odds are of Obama ever having to answer for this.

@2705176

Hardly the same thing, but probably correct.

Obama did a lot of great for the USA... he just didn't do much great other countries.

I'm sure a lot more will come out.

Is this a surprise? The funniest part is some people thought he was a socialist. Ha! He wasn't even a liberal. Bought and paid for by corporate
The current admin is making it worse. Fascism here we are. It doesn't change. It only changes faces. (And which country we're bombing at the moment)

@urwutuis Is this a surprise? The funniest part is some people thought he was a socialist. Ha! He wasn't even a liberal...

You said "It doesn't change".

Remember the song by The Who, "We Won't Be Fooled Again"? The last line of the lyrics are: "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".